The Hills Are Totally Alive

The hills were certainly alive with the Sound of Music on Friday night. When I saw that the play was going to be performed in the out door amphitheater in Sundance I bought tickets right away! I LOVE the Sound of Music and it was so fun seeing the play live and outside under the stars and with the beautiful mountains as a back drop.
Tanner and I got there early and brought a picnic up to eat on the hill. It was very romantic. :-)
I don't know if it is cool or not for me to admit that I knew every single line to every word and song in that play......



The next morning Tanner had to do some major studying at the library to prepare for finals this week so I planned a whole day for Parker and I- unfortunately we had too much fun to stop and take pictures. First stop was Walmart for some fabric, books, and breakfast ( Parker chose juice and powdered doughnuts).
Then we went to 7 Peaks. We got there pretty early so it wasn't crowded at all. I made the unfortunate mistake of wearing a red bathing suit so everyone thought I was a life guard. Parker's thrill of choice at the moment are 2 water slides that are for "Big kids only" and he went up the stairs and down those slides probably 35 times. I waited for him at the bottom in between the 2 slides and no one came and stood by me because they thought it was a space for life guards only. And people kept asking me questions! Oh man, I'll never make that mistake again!
After all the fun at the water park we got some McDonald's and came home for naps.
Then, miraculously, Tanner was done studying so we went to PF Chang's and then out to the Orem Owlz baseball game! It was so fun!

We sat out on a hill and Parker and I had a tickle fight while Tanner concentrated on the game. Angeluis and Mikailo came, too! And we all stayed for the fire works which were totally awesome!




Sunday after church I was itching for some fresh air so we decided to hike to Stewart Falls up in Sundance. We took the lift up to the trail head. It was Parker's first time on a lift and he LOVED it! I felt bad that we had to get off and start walking. He would have sat on that lift all day!




It was so beautiful up there!




We were hiding in the "jungle"

We saw this huge tree that had fallen and told Parker to stand next to it to see how big it was but he wouldn't stand there without his Dad. :-) From then on he made sure we noticed every single tree that had fallen down...
The craziest part of the hike was crossing this little stream that fell off into a water fall. Parker was so brave and totally rocked on this hike!


Ah! Stewart Falls! So gorgeous! I asked this guy walking his dog if he'd take a picture for us. Soon I realized he only had one arm and taking a picture was actually quite difficult for him to do. I felt really really bad.



Cheese! Notice he's holding, "the biggest leaf in the whole earth!"

I love spending time with my little family. Even though we're busy and we might not see each other every day I think we make up for it with all our awesome adventures. xoxo

Comments

Sue Ann said…
Well, I love all that you did except the ride up the ski lift!!!!! Can't believe Parker liked that! Must have Peterson genes, not Ziegler genes....... Can't wait to see you!
Anonymous said…
That is a simple and way cute idea for a date, a morning picnic I love it! That hike looked intense, GO PARKER! That picture of Parker on Tanners back while walking over the rocks and the next one of Parker with his arms out are too stinkin cute! You are the cutest little family EVER!