Spooktacular!
Fall has been blissful. It feels like California here in Utah. Not for long, though. Cold temps are headed our way. I guess I can be OK with it. Cozy sweaters, warm fire places, and a good book are what I look forward to when the days get shorter and night time comes sooner.
We've had our fair share of heart ache these past 5 months and I'm ready to take a break from all of it. I think I need to relax- maybe start doing yoga and take a vacation.....
Tanner and I have been completely enjoying our date nights. Sometimes life gets way too busy for a good, old fashioned date night but we've been sticking to it pretty well. Last weekend we drove up the canyon to Sundance and had dinner at the Foundry Grill. We wanted to go see a movie but it was sold out so we just went home and it was actually really nice. Tanner watched football while I snuggled into bed and read for a couple hours. It was heavenly.


Yum.
I took Parker to Pumpkinland down by our house last Saturday. It's easier for me to let Tanner spend his mornings and early afternoons at the library on Saturday's if I have a fun activity planned for Parker and me. It's a little boring doing all this stuff without my mom or my sisters but I'm so lucky to have my sweet little boy. He's my bestie. :-)




Of course Angeluis came over for dinner on Sunday, as usual. And of course I didn't take any pictures. But you'll have to believe me when I say I got some hilarious belly laughs out of baby Mikailo. He's just the cutest little dimpled baby you've ever seen!
Monday we were lucky to have Jeff and Ange come over for dinner before they headed back to Vegas. It was a quick "eat and run" dinner but we had a blast eating while the boys played and played. Why aren't we next door neighbors???

For family night we carved pumpkins and did science experiments. Tanner bought this chemical kit to make glow stick juice. He even prepared a little power point presentation on "Letting Your Light Shine" for our lesson. He's so darn cute. Such a "man" thing to prepare a power point presentation for FHE. :-)

Parker was NOT into getting the guts out of the pumpkin. Looks like Mom had to do all the work since Tanner's still deathly afraid of carving pumpkins.... :-)
One afternoon after school we painted some smaller pumpkins and made silly monsters with stickers. Parker put stickers all over his face and then wanted to ride his bike to our neighbors house to "Scare" them. He's crazy.
I was able to get off work early one day this week and chaperon at Parker's little field trip. They took the kids to a park behind the school and had a picnic. It was so fun playing with all the little kids and spending some sun shiney time with my little man.


After the park I took him to the dollar theater to see Cars 2 again. When I told him we were going to see it he completely lost it. He was soooooo excited! lol

Friday Tanner and I met Spencer and the kids at Barnyard Boo at Thanksgiving Point. Mona Kay was totally sick and couldn't make it. :-(
The kids had so much fun playing the games and riding the ponies and seeing all the animals.
After Barnyard Boo, Spencer was kind enough to take Parker home so Tanner and I could go out on a date up at the University of Utah. We first got dinner at the local pizza place, the Pie. It was super crowded and super yummy. :-) Perfect little college hang out.


Then we saw "Thriller" at Kingsbury Hall. I'd heard about it from one of my young women and when I saw they had a student discount I thought we should go check it out! We were able to score awesome seats- which makes all the difference when you're seeing a dance performance.

Before the show started these zombies walked around and scared everyone. One chick got all up in my face, her hair was hanging all over me and she was breathing all hard in my face. It was pretty gross and freaky.

The performance was amazing. Each set was a different dance with a different Halloween theme. It's a must see for Halloween for sure!
Saturday Parker and I had a super fun day while Tanner was at school. We went to Cornbelly's first thing in the morning- got there right when they opened!



We played there for about 3 hours then went to Chick-fil-a for lunch and saw some friends. We ran errands and had a little rest before Tanner came home and we went to a friend's reception.
I'm thinking I like being happy over being sad. So, I'll just go with that for now- and maybe do yoga and.... yes, I think we'll go to Hawaii. :-)










Comments