Giving Thanks
Over the river and through the woods! To Grandmother's house we go! I COULD NOT WAIT to see my Mom and Dad this Thanksgiving. It was unspeakably hard being so far away from my Dad and the rest of my family during my Dad's whole ordeal but I'm happy to report he's doing much better! We weren't able to stay at my parents house due to his convalescing but we got the next best thing- My brother's house.
We left on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (after work) and spent the night at the Hotel de Manning. The next morning the boys played Cars- they are really so cute together! I was giving Tanner a hard time for eating a slow breakfast but he really wanted to stay and enjoy Jeff's biscuits and gravy. I finally took a chill pill and sat down and ate one too- and literally, the moment I was done I got a call from my sister that she was in the hospital, in labor and progressing quickly!
Oh man! I yelled some choice words to my boys and we hurried out to the car. I don't know how we got to California so quickly but we made it!
When we there she was 9cm dilated and they were prepping the room for delivery! She did some last minute touch ups.... The nurse put me to work helping my sister to push but...
5 hours later she was still only at a 9 and was wheeled into the OR for a C section.
She and her husband welcomed a sweet baby boy named James that evening and I was thrilled to be able to meet him on his birthday!

The next day was Thanksgiving and after a little morning football game with my brother, Tanner came home and the cooking, baking, and setting began!

I call this picture "the calm before the storm". Tanner got the kids settled down with Winnie the Pooh about 20 minutes before my sisters came over and the party started!

Sweet Kayla
I was really proud of myself for putting Pinterest to use and making these cute little Pilgrim hats for dessert.
Parker loves his baby girl cousins!

The cousins watching Cars2

Since my Dad was still in recovery my brother offered to host Thanksgiving dinner. It was weird not having my parents there for dinner or my sister, Josi. It was like all us kids had to man up and do a grown up holiday all by ourselves! We had a lot of food and dinner was a total success! Although we missed who was missing. :-)

My favorite part of Thanksgiving was going around the table and saying what we were all thankful for. My niece said she was thankful for her Daddy. Soooo sweet!
That night we loaded some to-go boxes full of Thanksgiving deliciousness and delivered them to my parents and to my sister's new little family in the hospital.


Oh man, I'm in love. This little guy is just about the cutest thing you've ever laid eyes on. And I could NOT believe how great my sister was doing! She was up and laughing and nursing and acting like this was her 10th baby- not her first. She is amazing and I love her so much! Her husband Matt and I really bonded through this whole experience, too. I'm sooooo happy he's my brother forever!!!!

Tanner couldn't get enough. He loves babies!
Each morning we capitalized on the glorious California weather and swam at my brother's gorgeous pool.
Unfortunately, or fortunately, Tanner went Jacuzzing with his phone in his pocket on Black Friday and we had to get new ones. :-) We did a little shopping too which was super fun! That night we had dinner with some friends who I used to babysit for. They had 4 kids and added the last one when I was a senior in high school. Then, this year Robyn found out she was expecting #5! Needless to say it was a major huge surprise but their new daughter is just precious and it was so good to meet her!
Saturday we went down to Laguna Beach and got some cordials for my Mom at the Chocolatier and ate gelato on the beach. We ran into some good friends, too!



We helped my Mom and Dad get their Christmas decorations down and set up the tree. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is helping people set up their tree! :-)


My Dad has a hard time with his breathing still (tends to happen when your lungs get doused with acid) but he gets stronger and healthier everyday and is officially off pain killers and anti biotics!! He showed us his incision scar. Wow, it was huge! 9 inches! I treasured every moment spent with him!!!!

While we were helping my parents with their Christmas decorations Parker played over at London's house. When we went back over to pick him up I found London and him in the dark watching Nick on Lisa's bed! lol I kinda have a feeling they might end up together- maybe it's just a hope and a wish. :-)


I would have the cutest grandkids!!!
That night we went to the Spectrum for dinner and to window shop a little bit...
We took Parker for a ride on the Merry Go Round- My Mom and Dad are usually there with us at the Spectrum and love to see Parker's excitement on the Merry Go Round. We took a ride for them!
After dinner we headed north to Newport Beach to see the tallest Christmas tree at Fashion Island! My brother and his beautiful girls met up with us there, too.


The girls were pretty tired...

Don't mess with Lil Kim. :-)


Parker was pretty wasted by the end of the day as well.
Sunday was the day we drove back to Utah and it was super sad! I hate goodbyes! Especially to sweet little baby boys!

Josi got to bring her darling baby boy home that day and has been the best Mommy!
We said our goodbyes to my Mom and Dad and my awesome brother and his girls. I cannot thank my brother enough for his tremendous generosity! We felt like royalty at his beautiful new house. It was clean and comfy and we could have stayed for 10 more years! lol I miss everyone already!
But, it was back on the road for us! The drive was nice and easy, no traffic and I got to read the whole time. Can't complain when there's so much to be thankful for. :-)














Comments