Dive Trip 2016

The dive trip was amazing. Something about being out at sea, the waves rocking you to sleep, the smell of the salty air... it just gets me. I can't get enough of the ocean. I love everything about it. I debated for a long time about going on this trip because I did NOT want to leave my kids. Initially, Tanner was going to take Parker and dive with his Dad and brother. But then Kim decided to go, and then Nicole, and then Kaitlin and Travis and so I knew I'd regret not going. I'm SO happy I went. But I still was not happy about leaving my kids. Or not being able to check in with them at any time- we didn't have hardly any cell phone service. It was tough but also very refreshing- being completely unplugged. I needed that. And the kids did fine. We got Shelly and her brother Ryan to watch them and even though it wasn't perfect, they survived. ha ha
These pictures are pretty out of order but that's ok. Everyone flew in on Sunday and came back to our house for dinner. We got the kids to bed  (which was way easier than having to say goodbye to them!) and then grabbed a bite to eat before driving up to Ventura. Tanner drove with his parents and I took everyone else in the van. We got on the boat and pretty much went straight to bed. We sailed all night and were docked the next morning ready to dive bright and early! Since I don't dive I didn't really pay too much attention to where exactly we were but I know we went to Catalina, Ship Rock, Santa Barbara Island, and maybe Clemente?? I can't remember. Tanner and I slept in the cabin under the stairs like Harry Potter. We slept head to toe and I could not have slept better. That sea sick medicine works wonders. Tanner was hot and a few people got sea sick on the bumpy ride on the last night. I was sea sick the first morning. I was dumb and didn't think I needed medicine and since I was sick I didn't want to eat which made it worse. But Tanner took care of me and I was better in no time. I don't think anyone got sunburned too badly. Tanner had some super fun dives with his family and I loved swimming in the water with Nicole and Kim. We swam to a beach once and looked for shells for Nicole's kids. She climbed this huge rock which shows her courage. I let her know she is one of the bravest people I've ever met. And not just because she scuba dives and climbs big rocks. Nicole is one powerful woman and I admire her so much. Kaitlin and I had a great time together too. Tanner got us tickets to the Dixie Chicks concert like 10 months ago but the show was the day we got off the boat. We weren't sure we'd be able to make it and Tanner didn't want to ditch his family- I certainly agreed. But Kailin said she'd like to go so we drove all the way to Irvine from Ventura during rush hour traffic and made it to the concert right when the Dixie Chicks were going on stage! We shared a basket of chicken fingers and sang and danced the night away! The moon was gorgeous! Wide Open Spaces was one of the last songs they played and it really touched my heart. That song was literally my theme song the summer of 2002. I graduated high school and moved away from Laguna Hills a week later to go to college in Idaho. Wide open space. New faces. It's all about letting go, growing up, and learning from mistakes. I met Tanner and fell in love. Who doesn't know what I'm talking about? Who's never left home, who's never struck out to find a dream and a life of their own?- a place in the clouds, a foundation of stone! Tanner! The man of my dreams! Cowboy take me away! Awwww, yes. The concert stuck a cord with me, that's for sure. And I'd never been to Irvine Meadows and they are closing it down at the end of the summer! My siblings have endless tales of their shenanigans contrived at that venue! I'm glad I was able to experience it for myself before it's gone forever....
Highlights of the dive trip would have to be the food, the sunsets, the hot days cooled off with pacific water, being with family, and funny stories with friends. No low lights, it was all the best. All of it. I can't wait for next year!! Who wants to babysit?





Face timing McCoy one last time!



The Shower.... needless to say, I did not shower for 3 days. The stinky toilet was 3 inches behind me.


Monte waiting for everyone to gear up- or pondering life's epic mysteries 




I know Kim hates this but I love it. I love it because it perfectly shows what a sweet and fun loving person she is. She is adventurous and loves her family fiercely. It was good spending some much needed time with her.










No need for phones! But we all left them plugged in just in case..




































Tanner: the only guy on a boat wearing shoes and socks 









The boys caught fish and the crew grilled it for dinner that night. It was sooooooooo good!



















Kim didn't want her picture taken! ha ha so she jumped in! The next time we went swimming we were inching our way in and then Jamie came up behind me and pushed me! ha ha it was so funny! Sometime's I really do just need a little push.




















Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE IT ALL!!! Your pictures are so beautiful and I feel like I can just live the whole trip again and again when I look at them. It was such a blast and we made so many great memories, I'm so very grateful you ended up coming. I just love getting to spend time with you, you are such a generous, kind, and fun gorgeous girl to be around... and I GET TO BE RELATED TO YOU!!!