Babymoon with the Girls!
I have been counting down the days until this weekend get-away with my girl friends! Courtney and Jill asked me what I needed for this new baby coming soon and I said, "To get away!" ha ha We booked a hotel room, got babysitters so we could leave early on Friday, and hit the road! I was all packed and ready to go like 2 days in advance. ha ha I was excited. Rayleigh and Jack were so cuddly the day I left. Rayleigh has been especially affectionate lately, always trying to give us kisses and hugs and telling us she loves us constantly. They each got some good snuggles before I left. And let me be clear: it's not that I was dying to get away from my children or family. It's just nice to do grown up girl things every once in a while. I know when my kids are all grown, I'm going to be dying for some baby/kid time too... it's all about balance.
I picked up the girls and we chatted the entire way to Laguna. None of us had lunch so we stopped at Stephano's for some yummy sandwiches and then get pedicures! My feet LOVE pedicures right now! It's the best thing ever!
Then we drove down to Dana Point and checked into the Laguna Cliff's Marriott. Thanks to all of Tanner's points, we got a sweet room in a great location with an amazing view. It was gorgeous and we spent some time just relaxing and soaking it all in before we left for dinner. We stopped by Jack's for a little shopping too. So fun!
Can you tell we are happy to be here?!?!
Grown up girls camp. Playing on our phones and giggling!
We headed up to Laguna for dinner but the sun was setting so I asked if they wanted to stop and watch it. We walked around the Montage and took some pictures. It was beautiful. I love sunsets at the beach!
La Sirena Grill was PACKED and so so so so good! It totally hit the spot! You can't go wrong with chips and guac! We ran to Gelson's for some midnight snacks before heading into Laguna for dessert.
I took them down Peppertree Lane and the line for gelato was insane! But we stopped at the Chocolatier for cordials and then walked down to BJs and split a Pizookie. On the way back up to the car several guys called out to us and were saying things like, "Looking good ladies!" Uhhhh, well that hasn't happened in a while. I guess that kind of thing still happens if you're not out with your husband! Hello, don't you see this huge pregnant belly? Well apparently we are still smoking hot babes. ha ha jk
We stayed up talking and laughing and I seriously slept sooooo good. We woke up at 10am the next morning and couldn't believe it! Best night of sleep ever! When we opened the door to the balcony, we saw like 100 people doing yoga down below! Fun! Courtney did a little work out too because when you're a total babe, you work out.
The face of a 33 year old 9 month pregnant women who slept in until 10. Happpppppy!
She works out.
We got a late check out so we could spend some time at the amazing spa. When we walked in, the spa attendant asked us if we were all over 18. Whaaaaaat? Why yes, yes we are. But thank you for making our entire week by asking. We sat in the hot tub and put cold wash cloths on our faces and drank lemon water. Then we each took a shower (there were 3) with all the jets and fun things! I love that there is an endless supply of shampoo and conditioner, body wash, shaving cream, razors, towels, lotions, and everything you need to get ready after your shower including make up remover, q tips, floss, mouth wash, brushes, hair driers, straighteners.... ANYTHING! We spent some serious time showering and getting ready because that is something we rarely have the opportunity to do uninterrupted!
We checked out and grabbed more La Sirena Grill for lunch and then headed down to 3 Arch to relax and eat on the beach. It was a gorgeous day and I thoroughly enjoyed showing off my favorite place! Once we'd eaten our lunch, and our treats, and had sufficient time to relax and talk, we took some pictures and then had a hilarious mock maternity shoot.
Things got a little weird. We were cracking up. I was channeling my inner George Castanza. I was laughing so hard and saying. "Oh man! My husband is gonna LOVE these sexy pictures!" There were a couple of Dad's playing with their kids who were cracking up along with us. It was great! Of course there really WAS a pregnant girl taking pictures with a professional photographer right by us. I told her she could use my poses if she needed to.
The weekend came to a close all too soon. I love these girls and I'm so thankful for their friendship. It is so easy being with them They are both such righteous daughters of God and stellar mother's in Zion. I am so lucky to have them in my village!
Tanner did a great job holding down the fort while I was gone. He spent a lot of time with Paul, Jill's husband. They had pizza and went swimming together on Friday night, made pancakes and played on Saturday morning and then Tanner helped Paul fix something wrong with their pool. And then they hung out and swam again in the afternoon. When I got home (after a quick shopping spree at Nordstrom on our way home....) the babies were asleep and Tanner and Parker were in the hot tub. So I jumped in there with them and we had a nice night!
Which was good because Sunday was once again a disaster and I left church early in tears and cried the whole way home. I tried my best. My spirit is willing and that's all that matters. Heavenly Father knows my heart.... even though I have many stumbling blocks in my way. I know what I need to do to fill my cup and I'm committed to obeying the commandments and living a righteous life.
But I'm REALLY looking forward to our next girls get away! Woo hoo!





































Comments