Preparing for Baby #4

We are ready for this sweet little girl to join our family! Although, I feel like I'm resigned to being pregnant forever. I've adapted my lifestyle to not bending over or breathing or lifting.... One plus is that I can hold my ice cream bowl on the top of my belly! But each day I've done a few things to prepare like laundry, cleaning, little projects, organizing, and catching up on my Ensigns. Tanner is working hard and has had not one but TWO Baby Showers! We have been spoiled rotten with cute little baby girl outfits, diapers, wipes, blankets, and bibs! I went to a Relief Society meeting one night (a fun and relaxing pool party) and hosted Bunco! We took the kids for one last Hurrah at the Discovery Cube and had a sweet "Sisters" baby shower. We are excited and ready for another child to enter our family. And then sometimes I feel so inadequate.
I got a call from Parker's teacher. She was concerned that Parker isn't doing his best in school and wanted me to meet with her. His work effort was below par and he keeps getting in trouble for chatting. We had a good talk with him and his work has improved although he has a hard time keeping his mouth shut. But that kinda made me feel like a failure of a mother. No one likes getting calls from the teacher. Then on Sunday, Rayleigh got kicked out of Primary again. Apparently she tried to bite the primary leader. I was home with Jack so Tanner had to take that one. But when I called her teacher later that day she went on and on about his disruptive she was and how her behavior just can't be tolerated. It broke my heart, to tell you the truth. She's just a 3 year old little girl and for her to be judged and labeled in such a way is not fair. Her behavior is NOT ok but that's no reason to not treat her with love. So I had to talk to the Bishop and let him know she will be home with me for the next few months. 
Sometimes I feel like I've got a hold of this "Mom" job and I'm so proud of my kids and sometimes I feel like a complete failure. Thank goodness for amazing grandparents who love unconditionally, family who supports me, and wonderful friends who help me along this journey. 
Above everything, I'm thankful for the Book of Mormon and the gift of the Holy Ghost to guide me on this path and help me to know how to parent each of my children in the specific way they each need to be guided.



We've been spending every day in the pool which has been my saving grace! But man, this belly is large and in charge!


Rayleigh loved the Doc McStuffin's exhibit and Parker LOVED the magic show! Jack was all over the place and wouldn't sit still for 2 seconds.






Sunday morning snuggles!


Trying to be a good Mom and have the kids color. This only lasts about 2 minutes and then I have an hour of clean up....


Why? The worst part of being THIS pregnant is the fact that I can't bend over and clean up the 10 thousand messes that occur each day. But I do anyway and then have braxton hicks contractions all day and night....


Richel came over to play one day and the kids had a blast! So crazy to think we played each and every day when we were our kids' ages! She is such a beautiful and sweet mother! And her boys are so cute! I just love her and we had a great time together!




Tanner's work baby shower #2!



My set up for Bunco! I didn't get any pictures of the gals, but we had fun! They stayed until 10pm talking and laughing! I loved having them over!



Sleeping Beauty!


I had to drop something off to Courtney and Jill after school on Friday and it turned into an epic play date/ pool party with pizza and our husbands! I love impromptu times with friends! We are blessed with the greatest friends!




On Saturday my Mom and sisters threw me the most beautiful baby shower! My Mom had decorated her house for the occasion and every last little detail was perfection. She used china that was once owned by each of my grandmothers. The plates were delicate with gold and flowers. She spoiled me with baby gifts and yummy food and we all got pampered with pedicures! 




I love how my Dad still sets the bed up with stuffed animals. I walked in to see them all lined up in a row. Kid at heart!








We sat around and talked ALL day. I arrived to my parent's house at 10am and didn't leave to come home until after 7pm! Tanner was so sweet and played with the kids at home all day. They swam and had a great time together. I loved being with my mom and sisters, talking about our family history and our past, the future, the gospel, and the joys of motherhood. I'm so thankful for such a wonderful family and I'm so blessed to be raising a big family myself!

Kari was telling us a funny story!

Cute toes!


When I came home from church on Sunday, I found both babies butt naked and Jack was wearing plastic high heels.... hmmmm???? I should have had a feeling that the day wasn't going to go according to plan.


Rayleigh took this picture of me. Don't know why she left out my face. But there I am in all my pregnant glory!

On Tuesday night, my sweet friends from church threw me the cutest baby shower at Panera Bread. I honestly didn't think anyone would show up and I was touched when I realized there are so many people out there who care about me. I received some very darling gifts and we stayed for over 3 hours and talked- which was so good for my soul. Audrey babysat because Tanner had to work late (we both got home around 11pm) and I so enjoyed talking with her mom, Kathy. She is simply amazing. I want to be her when I grow up. And my Audrey is a saint. My kids love her. I'm so thankful for my village! My family and friends, ward and neighborhood. I have been given so much and it really makes me want to give too.

Today is the day before I give birth for the 4th time. I had my house cleaned, I'm having my groceries delivered, Kassidy and Bridger are on their way, Tanner is home putting together our new bed, my bags are packed, I went to my Pre Op appointment (I'm O positive for my blood type in case anyone was wondering), I ran to the bank, Parker has chess club and scouts, we'll have dinner and I'll get the babies to bed before heading down to my Mom's. Check in is tomorrow at 7am! Courtney is going to braid my hair and then I think I'll be all set! I can't wait for this weekend to lay in bed and snuggle my sweet new baby girl. My daughter. We are ready for you, Sweetheart, and we are already so in love with you!!!!!






Comments