Saying Goodbye to Oakley and the Ward Bon Fire

On Friday, we had to say "goodbye for now" to a sweet friend. Oakley has been such a cutie and Jack‘a little bestie, but their landlord decided to sell the house that they were living in/renting so they are moving to Connecticut! Apparently, the Dad (Sean Masson) has family who lives out there. Fun Fact: Sean was in my ward growing up and graduated from LHHS. But he’s totally inactive now. Anyhoo, the kids played at the park right after a huge downpour and loved being outside together. Saying goodbye is hard but I feel strongly that we might see them again someday!

Saturday was the day Tanner has been dreaming about for so long. He was finally able to pick up his new Tesla and he's obsessed! Remember the day we met and he said, “Hey, before I go, do you wanna come see my new car?” And he hauled me out to the parking lot to see his new, white Honda Civic. So funny. I don’t care too much about cars… unless it’s for me!
But we picked it up in Costa Mesa and then drove over to Huntington Beach for a ward beach bon fire. It was mostly just us and the Duncan’s with a few young women. Huntington is gross and were right next to the parking lot at the dirty fire pit and literally couldn’t even see the ocean. Why, though? But we had fun and the kids were happy and that’s all that matters. Rayleigh threw the baseball with Bishop and Reed and she has such a good arm! We made s’mores and ate junk and got reallly smelly and dirty. Baths and bedtime felt so good.

Ella has since come down with a cold so I kept her home from church. Hurray for ZOOM! Angeluis came over to play and Luis helped Parker with his Spanish midterm and then Luis and Tanner went out to get taco stuff and cook up a "run through" of Rayleigh’s baptism dinner. It was so yummy and I LOVED spending time with my BFF. She’s been through so much and still trying to process all the trauma. I’m so grateful she’s my friend and that I’m hers too. We make a good team and have so much fun together. I’m thankful for good friends!










































Tanner finally opening his Father's Day gifts from the kids... He's the worst at opening gifts!





Sleepy angel

Jack having fun at school with his upper grader friend

Parker getting a special pair of socks from Livy




 

Comments