Happy New Year! 2023

The first week of the new year was spent mostly at home. It was a nice break from our usually action packed schedule. I spent the majority of 3 whole days cleaning up Christmas and trying to get the house somewhat organized. It took HOURS to tackle all of the laundry. But, I listened to books, the rain steadily fell, and the kids had lots of quiet time. It was very therapeutic. By Thursday though, I was feeling a guilty that we hadn't left the house so we played for a little while at the Discovery Cube. Tanner helped me demo the laundry room and order all of the cabinets for renovating that space. He also colored my hair! 

My word for this year is WELLNESS.

I set a goal to work out (ride the Peleton) every day this year. 
Every. Single. Day.
And so far I've been doing great! Even when we started back to school/work and I had to get up before the sun! I'm doing it! And while I ride, I study my scriptures and have a little personal devotional. I've already started seeing a chiropractor and LOVE my weekly massages so we'll keep that going. I'm anxious to get the laundry room completed so we have a place for everything (and everything in its place). I want to make sure I'm staying on top of my gray hairs while not breaking the bank (thank you Tanner!) The sweet girls in Sally's Beauty Supply really helped me! And I've signed all of the kids up for MCO! This clashes a bit with Rayleigh's Play Practice schedule so we'll have to see how that shakes down. She'll also miss Activity Days quite a bit... and who knows what will happen when Jack starts soccer. How do people have their kids signed up for multiple activities all at different times/places? I just don't understand....

But I am doing my best to prioritize the BEST things and BE WELL. We are reading the 6th Harry Potter book and continue to read the Friend and we started the Book of Mormon this year, too!

So far this year has been great and rewarding. But sadness struck when Jill lost her mom to Parkinson's disease. Tanner, Parker, and I were able to attend the funeral together. I had to walk in to my first day back at work and immediately ask to leave early. Everyone was super understanding, though. My friend, Tanya, texted me during sacrament meeting and asked if Tanner could come give her a blessing. I was so touched that she asked us and so proud of Tanner that he could use his priesthood authority and bless a friend in need. Out of everyone in the ward, she wanted Tanner because he always smiles at her. There's been much need to serve and lift up others this year, already, and we have showed up! Parker has been the most amazing friend to Kaelyn and has biked to her house to hang out, talked with her, and baked her lots of brownies. 

We went to dinner with friends to celebrate Courtney's birthday on Saturday night and watched Hook as a family on Sunday for family movie night. The kids have been great since school started and really shine when they are in that school/social environment. Parker started his 2nd semester of 10th grade and has started to work out, too!
2023 has started off on the right track so let's hope the trajectory stays the same!

Oh! And Kim and Monte have been in Palm Springs and Tanner just so happened to be there for a work dinner. So he showed up and surprised them! They will be here tomorrow to help build the laundry room and I can't wait!










They finally sent over the girls' dance pictures. They are so darling!

















 

Comments