Halloween 2024

The Saturday before Halloween was a soccer game for Jack (they lost for the very first time) and we brought snacks. We spent about 4 hours cleaning the whole house together and it's finally kind of clean. Then we got all ready for parties! We dropped Jack off at Alec's house to celebrate his 10th birthday and then the rest of us went to Laguna for my mom's stake's trunk or treat. I had high hopes for this trunk or treat but it was a little underwhelming. There was no dinner and it was awkward with Angel because he's made it very clear that Luis doesn't like me for some strange reason. But it was fun to see my parents and even Cami showed up with Noah for a minute! Jack had an absolute BLAST at Alec's birthday party and won the dance contest with his moonwalking and worm moves. When we arrived to pick him up, the girls were both asleep in the car but the party was still going strong and it took a while to get him out the door. So fun!

Monday, Tanner had some lovely 1:1 time with Rayleigh when he took her to the movies with some of Rondo's 5th grade class to see The Wild Robot. It was really cute and they had a great time. I took Ella to cheer and it's always so fun getting together with friends.

Tuesday was a ward picnic in the park and we invite Nichole and Genevieve to come which was nice.  Tanner took Jack to soccer and he's playing so well! He had soccer practice on Wednesday too because Thursday was Halloween so I took the girls to Disney while Tanner had some special 1:1 time with Jack. Jack had had a hard day on Wednesday because his teacher sent a note home about him "talking back". When I asked him after school about what happened he said his teacher said, "Jack, you're rude and annoying and no one likes you." and then he "talked back" by saying "That's not true" so then she told him to "sit down and shut up". He cried.  And I'm furious. Time to start a paper trial! I'm so sad my kids have to suffer through this horrific 4th grade year with this abhorrent teacher. But grateful for good kids and nice friends who help us through hard times.

Anyhoo, Tanner took Jack on a big bike ride to the park and then off to soccer and the girls and I had a wonderful time at Disney and ran into Sophia and Andrew, too! We did teacups together before grabbing some jamba juice and going home.

Thursday was Halloween and I was still feeling upset about Jack's mean teacher and the way she treats him but I didn't want it to cloud my day. So I told myself to think about birds to redirect my dark thoughts and so far it's working! My little kinder team dressed up as Minions and the headband was pretty lame but we didn't get a picture so you're gonna have to trust me. Rayleigh was an angel, Jack was Mr. Beast, and Ella was a cheerleader and they were all darling.We had a costume parade at school and played lots of games. I helped in Ray's class party and it was good for me to see how sweet those kids are to each other. I was really worried about how it would be in there but it was fine and Ray was happy!

After school we carved pumpkins and then went to Haley's for a pot luck. We trick or treated with church friends for a minute and then met up with school friends and had a LOT more success with candy. At the end of the night, we went back home and our neighborhood was still hopping! We couldn't even pull into our driveway because cars were parked everywhere!

It was a happy halloween despite some drama and I love these cute kids and their flare for fun and creativity. Parker went with Gavin down to Emerald's to help them with their fantastic haunted house and didn't get home until 3:30am. He was stoked. ha ha

*I had some "real talk" with Angel about the fact that Luis doesn't like us hanging out (which is never) and when she told me she wasn't willing to talk to him about it, I told her I needed to take a step back because I was hurt and didn't want to get in between Luis and her. I don't want to be the cause of disconnect in their marriage. And then she deleted Marco Polo and she probably blocked me- I don't know. But she's very upset with me which makes me really sad. But that was getting way too toxic. I hope she can forgive me!!!



































































 

Comments