A Day at the Beach...

Every summer for as far as I can remember my grandparents rented a beach house in a private, gated community called Three Arch Bay in Laguna Beach. It was the beach we grew up on; learning to swim in the ocean, hunting for sea shells, and jumping off the rocks. We'd haul down in the morning and stay all day till our cheeks were pink and the sun was setting and everyday on the way home we'd stop for a double scoop ice cream cone! 
Sometimes we'd be so lucky to spend the night at the beach house with Muzzie and Papa where they'd always have special treats like Oreos and Pringels and we'd play cards. Since my grandpa passed away our trips down to Three Arch Bay have been few and far between. It's by far our favorite place on earth and holds the most prized memories for all of us so we decided that in honor of my grandparents, especially Muzzie, we'd spend a day at Three Arch bay on memorial day (the day after she passed away). 
 Since it is a gated community you have to get called in the gate by someone who lives there, lucky for us Three Arch Bay is part of the Laguna Beach Ward which is in our stake and we have many dear friends that live there. Getting in was a piece of cake! :-)

This is my brother Jon and his wife

Here's the family, Cami, Ben, Cort, Max, Tanner, Parker, Me, Josi, Laura, and Laura's brother. We were just watching the sun set and remembering all of the good times spent on that very beach.

The next generation of Three Arch Bay goers. Parker and Ben

Us...


Parker Hoo Haw

Another Family Pic

Three Arches

What my dreams are made of...

Parker loves the ocean!


I can remember my sisters teaching me about the waves and the sand when I was little. Now here I am with my little boy teaching him about the beautiful world God has blessed us with. I am so thankful for the priceless memories Muzzie and Papa created for us. We have all grown up and changed and lives begin and end but that beach has stayed the same. The waves still turn the sand, the sun always sets over the same big open sea. 
 Three Arch Bay will always be my Heaven on Earth. 
Thank you Muzzie and Papa, I love you!

Comments

Amy said…
what a wonderful way to remember your grandma and grandpa. i loved your post about her yesterday. it was very sweet and made me think i knew her. you and your family are in our prayers. may you have a peaceful and sweet week full of memories and love. it is a difficult time for all of you and one that will stay with you always. my grandma passed away in January of 2000 and it still just doesn't seem possible she is gone. doc passed away 12 years ago, and that pain of not having them here lessens but doesn't go away. for that, i am grateful:)

thank you for sharing such sweet words about your grandma.
Kat said…
I'm with my sis, your posts were both fabulous and a very fitting tribute to a great lady. Thanks for sharing. I hope your family feels loved and cared for this week and always. Memories never fade as long as we keep remembering.
Perry Family said…
Chandra, I can relate so well to all you are going through. Your family is wonderful to be of big support during this rough time. Good for you for going down to the beach! It looks like you all had an awesome time enjoying eachothers company and remembering your grandma. Beautiful pictures!
Sorry about your grandma. But tell Jon CONGRATS on the baby-to-be!!!
Allred Family said…
What a wonderfull way to remember your Grandma, That beach looks wonderfull!!!! I cannot wait to come see you and play in the sand....When are you comming back to cali after the 4th of july??? We are thinking about comming down after the weekend and spending a couple of days down there!!! Let me know, I should just call you. Love you Guys!!!!
Anonymous said…
hey chan. so sorry to hear about your grandma ... she was a wonderful lady. three arch bay always reminds me of you and your family; and i definitely remember those double scoop ice cream cones on the trip back home. :-) you all are in my prayers.
A Little Sass said…
As I read your post the memories of our childhoods came flooding back! How I love Three Arch Bay! Some of my greatest memories are there as well. We had some good times there. I can't wait to come down this summer and spend a day at the beach.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this tender time.