It's Official

I am finally back to the weight I was before I had Parker! Yay! I weighed myself this morning and was very pleased with what I saw! Parker is only 12 1/2 months old so that's not that bad right? It took me 12 months but I DID have a C-section and it DID open up (meaning: I had to limit my physical activity to practically nothing until it healed) and I DID NOT do well with nursing. It was difficult but I worked really hard.


Every morning at 8am my mom and I go for a half hour long walk (with the bug of course) and then I'd come home, put him down for his nap and then do a half hour video. It's a great routine because I get Parker out and in the fresh air first thing in the morning and incorporate him into my workout and then, when he's taking his nap, I can finish my work out and take a shower and get ready for the day. 



Of course I've been practically starving myself, limiting my sweets and "over all" caloric intake. If I see a soda in the fridge and I'm really thirsty I think, "Do I want to drink that soda right now or do I want to drink some water and then eat a fudgesicle after dinner?" We eat pretty healthy around here anyway, we're not too big on carbs and eat mostly white meat, even using ground turkey instead of ground beef for spaghetti and things like that. And you can't beat the summer season fruits and veggies!



Anyhoo, I'm pretty stoked. Let's hope that I don't gain it all back this week while I'm visiting Grammy and Papa in Idaho! (Of course I would hit my year long low the day I'm going on vacation...) I'm going to try to keep working really hard, though, and lose another 15 pounds. If I can make that goal I will weigh what I did when I got married! Granted I was 19 years old so I won't beat myself up if I can't do it but it's worth a try anyway. Thanks to all of you who have supported me along the way. It's nice to hear, "Wow, Chan! You're looking great!" as opposed to "Oh! I didn't know you were expecting!" :-)

Comments

AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!! I knew I would gain weight with pregnancy but I didn't know it would be emotional to get on the scale! Every time I get on there I just think how in the world am I going to get this off & I cry in the shower right after every time(I weigh my self in the morning before I hope in the shower)!! Getting the weight off scares me to death so thanks for the inspiring story!! It helped lift my spirits knowing it can be done!
Anonymous said…
Congrats! That's awesome!
Perry Family said…
That is AWESOME!!! It's such a wonderful feeling knowing that you are getting your body back after having a baby! You do look amazing by the way! I know that feeling all too well, it's taking longer for me the second time around, But I know I will eventually shed those last ten pounds! And I know you'll do great on your vacation!
The Turnarounds said…
Wow, that is Great! Congrats on hitting that goal. I need to learn better self control from you!! I'm on a see-food diet. I eat what I see. Yikies!!! Hopefully it's just stress right?!
Allred Family said…
GOOD JOB!!!!!! I have to agree c-sections are the worst to recover from...expecially when they open up again. that happend to me too:( I still have some weight to loose.....I have not been to the gym in like a month :( I know I need to get going again. Well have fun in Idaho!!!!! You are probily skinnier than me right now :)
Mathie Fam said…
the whole weight thing is the hard thing about having kids. good job on all your hard work. You look wonderful!
Kat said…
CONGRATS!!! And you looked great at the 4th!

It takes me a good year too with two c-sections. (And what is it with them all opening up - my first did too) It does get easier, or so I've been told as I watch my ever-expanding belly as we speak. :)
A Little Sass said…
Congratulations!!! How fun! And you DO look great!
Jenny C said…
Good job! That is a great feeling....just in time to pop out another one?? :)
Kassie Temple said…
Congrats...you do look great..and I am sure not to mention how good you feel. Good job Chan!
Anonymous said…
Congrats, and can I just say that you look amazing!!! You have a rockin body! It was so great to see you this week, I wish I could have seen you more. You really do look great Chan