Saturday is a special day...

Yesterday Tanner said that he didn't want to be lazy on Saturday so we put our thinking caps on and tried to come up with a fun filled day for the whole family! We started off the day over at 24 hour fitness. I wanted to test out the Kid's Care Center (Thanks Mona Kay for braving the day care before me and letting me know all is well) and see if Parker would like it. The place looked fun to me so we said our goodbyes and went off to do our workouts, 10 minutes later I got a call over the intercom that I needed to report to the Kids Center. It was our fault for trying to push his morning nap back (he was grumpy). I guess a few minutes after we left he tried to open the door to get out and when the lady gently directed him else where he gave her the dead man and basically threw a fit. She called me and I was there in a flash and he was rubbing his eyes and acting all tired. Oh well. We'll try better next time. It really did look like fun in there and I know he'd enjoy it AFTER his morning nap.
So, needless to say, we left 20 minutes after getting there and put Parker down for a nap and got ready to go to the beach! Tanner got to choose the first activity of the day and I got to choose the second. He wanted to go surfing so we loaded up the car and took off to San Clemente after Parker woke up. We had a blast and it was pleasantly not as crowded as I had anticipated. Josi came with us and we all had a great time catching some rays- and in Tanner's case, some waves.
Then it was a quick lunch at Chronic Taco and back home for Parker's afternoon nap (which he basically took in the car home from the beach) Then we cleaned up and loaded in the car again and headed off to the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana. (Maybe some of you have driven past it on your way to Disneyland- it's the big, and I mean big, cube on the side of the freeway) Anyway, Parker gets in for free and we're milking that as much as we can! He laughed and played and I think he actually DID discover a lot. Tanner laid on a bed of nails and took Parker in a wind tunnel stimulator. We found out Tanner and I have pretty much the same reaction time but he throws a ball twice as fast as I do and is seven times stronger. Don't mess with my man! There was A LOT to do there and it was so much fun! Parker fell asleep in the car again on our way home (with a quick drive through Down Town Disney) and hopefully this big, fun filled day will inspire him to sleep in tomorrow morning. Any hope that will happen? Probably not, huh?


Kodak Moment


My little surfer dude... isn't he the cutest?


"Paddle! Paddle!" -Tanner catching a wave

The giant cube thing from the inside

An impression of my boys... ha ha


I know it's dark and blurry but I this was me coming here straight after the beach... ewww (Does Parker look tired?)


He learned how to drive! Wow!

This is where Parker was pretty much the whole time. The poor kid is just getting too big for me to carry around! But hey, I DID haul the 50 pound diaper bag and took a million pictures. Good times

Comments

Perry Family said…
Oh, I'm so envious you went to San Clemente Beach...my all time favorite spot in the whole world!! Looks like a blast at the museum. I've always wondered what the daycare was like at the gym! I've yet to get a membership just for that reason, but you'll have to let me know about your next successful trip to the gym! :)
Lindsay said…
Wow it looks like you all know how to spend a saturday! Haha I would totally be catchin both sun rays and waves if I could! haha I know how it is to plan around the nap times though! Gotta love that! I always wondered what that big cube building was... it looks like fun! Sounds to me like Kaitlin and I need to take a road trip! Good Times! :-)