Idaho!

This past week I took Parker up to Blackfoot, Idaho to spend sometime with his Grammy and Papa and Aunties and give Tanner some time to get caught up on a few things here at home! Auntie Kaitlin was in the hospital for a week and passed 5 kidney stones so we needed to make sure she was ok... Things got better when her boy toy came down to spend the weekend with us and made sure she drank plenty of water. Thanks Spenc! :-) So anyhoo, we left last Tuesday and the flight was a breeze! I was a little worried about traveling by myself with my busy boy but we had a whole row to ourselves and he was perfectly content eating ice and looking at books!

The week was spent as I had planned- relaxing! We played in the backyard, took lots of walks to look at animals, I read Breaking Dawn (not finished yet though), got my hair cut by the wonderfully fantastic- Janelle, saw my BYU-I roommate Becca and her new lil baby girl, and just loved on my family. Monte took me to Bear Lake on Friday and it was so neat seeing where he grew up and spending time with his parents. Parker had never met them and it was a sweet afternoon!


The best day of the week was Saturday. Tanner surprised me with a fabulous massage at Serenity Day Spa in Blackfoot! It was soooo nice and just what I needed (don't we all?). The whole time I was there I kept thinking to myself "Man, I owe Tanner a big one! He is the sweetest thing in the world! I can't believe he pulled off this surprise!" He really scored on that one. Later that day I tried to call him to thank him for the amazingly wonderful gift but I couldn't get a hold of him. Finally, I did and he said he'd been on a sales call and that he was grabbing a bite to eat and then was going to go surfing. "Good times." I thought. 


So Monte and I took a walk over to the neighbors and saw the horsies and took Parker for a little ride. It was so fun! On our way back to the house a car pulled up next to us and guess who it was? Tanner!!!! I completely lost it! I dropped my camera and practically broke the door off the car, threw my arms around him and just cried! I was soooo happy to see him! Everyone was in on the secret but me! So here's the story, Tanner knew that his friend Wade's brother owned this day spa so he called Wade to get his brother's number to hook up the whole massage deal. Wade asked, "So how come you're not out here too?" and Tanner responded, "Well it was a little too much for us to both travel out there and I had to stay here to work and get a few things done." To which Wade replied, "Well Tanner, you know I'm a pilot for Skywest and I have one last friends and family ticket. Would you like to use it this weekend? You can fly right into Pocatello and leave whenever you want!" The rest is history.

I couldn't have asked for a better week with my family in Idaho! Parker got to see both sets of Great Grandparents and spend lots of time with his Grammy and Papa. It was cute to see him run up to them with his arms wide open for a hug by the end of the week. (At first he was being kind of a mamma's boy) I loved chillin with my lil sisters. They are so cute! I mean cool! They are like so awesome! (is that what the kids are saying now a days?) Kassidy started high school today! Wow! I can't believe it! And Kaitlin is a senior this year!


Thank you soooo much, for everything you guys. You know who you are. These memories wouldn't exist and bring joy to my life without you. I am so glad our family is forever! You are the best!!!!

The backyard- beautiful

Parker checkin out the neighbors mini pony

Jumpin on the tramp was Parker's favorite pass time, along with stealing as many phone, remotes, and cameras he could find. This boy is obsessed with electronics!

Kaydence and Parker lovin on their Grandpa
Monte's mom, Monte, and Parker (not behaving for a picture)

Parker with Monte's Dad (still not behaving for the picture)

Laying in the green grass is tickely!

Horseback riding- just moments before we saw Tanner and look how happy I am!

I love this guy! Do I look like I'd been crying? Oh I was so blissfully consent at that moment!
Monte, Kim, Travis, and Tanner eating dinner in the backyard
Oh ya! And when we were out enjoying the summer evening on Saturday 2 kittens wandered into the yard! The kids were thrilled! The adults- not so much. The kittens stayed right outside the back door for the next 2 days! hee hee

Me, Becca's lil baby girl, and Parker

Comments

Anonymous said…
Chan ~
What fun memories!!! I'm so glad you and Parker could come and hang out with us! I hope is was as much fun for you as it was for us!
We love you all!
Grammy
Anonymous said…
You got some cute pictures! Did you get to do everything you wanted to? It was so great seeing you and you will have to tell me what you think of the book when you finish.
Perry Family said…
OH what a wonderful week and such an awesome surprise! Tanner sure know how to do it!! Love all the pics!
Unknown said…
I love the Idaho pictures....I can even see my parents property and my brothers house. Thanks for sharing your fun week, it sounds like a dream!
Allred Family said…
Wow sounds like you had a fun week!!!!! Tanner is so sweet, a suprise massage and then a suprise visit to see you.....you are one lucky girl :) Parker is getting so big, I cannot believe how cute he is :0
Jody and Billy said…
you guys are so cute! theres no ? your in love!
Lindsay said…
It was great to see you and Parker! He's such a cutie! Don't be a stranger... and hopefully I'll see you and your fam the next time u come up! :-)