Sunday


 I've been debating whether or not to post this experience I had on Sunday but what the heck, It's the most interesting thing that has happened to me lately so here it goes!

So I'm up in primary getting ready to lead the kids (all 8 of them- yes that's the whole primary) in the opening song (which happened to be the 10th Article of Faith Song- sooooo hard!) when a little girl had her hand raised. I called on her and said, "Yes, do you have a question?" in my oh-so-sweet-I-work-in-primary-and-I'm-a-mom voice and she replied in her oh-so-sweet-innocent-child-of-God voice, "Ummm, I can see your bra through your shirt."

Did my face turn 15 different shades of red? Yes. How do I go on the whole rest of the day leading the children in song with my bra, apparently, hanging out all over the place! These kids dont even need to wear bras! How do the even know what they are? Ok, embarrassing moment over but then...

A primary worker to kindly pointed out, "Well, at least she knows what's modest and what's not."

Thanks, I'll have to keep that in mind next time I wear my white shade top.

Comments

Ha Ha!! I am laughing so hard over here!! I teach the 4 & 5 Yr olds and let me tell you we have heard some similar things!! Thank heavens ours have only been in the class room!!!
Beth said…
Oh man. I don't even know what to say except... oh man. KIDS. They just looooove to humiliate us at the worst times :)
Anonymous said…
Oh my heck, I'm still laughing so HARD! You describe the whole scene so well! That is hilarious!!! Kids really say whatever comes to mind, if you want to know what not to wear ask a child.
A Little Sass said…
That is funny! Thanks for sharing!
Allred Family said…
Ohh that is WAY to FUNNY!!!!!! I cannot believe that you were showing your bra off to the WHOLE primary :) Way to go Chan...lol.I cannot believe that Tanner did not tell you earlier. I have started wearing a white tank top over my bra when I wear white shirt.....just an idea :) Miss you guys
That is sooo funny. I think I laughed till I had to pee. I just imagined this cute little innocent girl telling you that. :) Its these life experiences that make each day worth it! :)

Duzzy
Jenni said…
I love hearing that these kinds of things happen to other people. Too funny!
Jenny C said…
That is hilarious!! Phil and I had a kid in our primary ask us if we had showered together that morning. Kids are funny!!
Lindsay said…
That's pretty dang funny... I would have died, as I'm sure you did... but you've gotta love the honestly of kids! :-)
Perry Family said…
OH FUNNY!!!!!!! But the other primary worker could have canned it...some things are better left unsaid! Kids do say the darnest things...and how do they notice the details??? You must have handled it well, good sense of humor to post it:)
Courtney M said…
hahaha Thats hilarious! And in a white shirt you can always see your bra!
Funny story along the same lines...
Today my cousins little 4 year old girl was over and I was getting dressed and I was just in my garment top. (her mom doesn't wear garments) When I put my bra over my shirt she said, "my grandma has those same boobs". Sad that I have to put my "boobs" on.
Anonymous said…
Oh Chan ~
You are soooo funny! Primary kids!! Gotta love em!!!
Love and miss you!
Grammy!