Another Saturday Adventure

This Saturday was one of the busiest we've had in a while! But it was awesome! 
The night before (Friday night) Tanner was working on a project with a kid who's about to go on his mission so he said I could go out to dinner and a movie with my familia! YAY! It was so fun! Down Side: I had 2 diet cokes with dinner and couldn't fall asleep until 2am and Parker woke up at 6:30am... but it was worth it!)
Saturday morning Tanner and Parker got us some yummy breakfast and then it was onto the fire station. All the stations in O.C. were having open houses to kick off fire safety week. So we were the first ones there and got the VIP treatment for sure!





Parker was a little overwhelmed with everything but he talked about it non stop both before and after the visit. So I know he enjoyed himself despite the way he acted (a little too shy...)




He really did love "driving" the engine!


Tanner's self portrait



Family photo op.





After the fire station we tried to get Parker down for a nap but he was having way too much fun! So we washed Tanner's car, got some lunch (ate it in the car because Parker fell asleep- who da thunk?) and then drove down to San Juan Capistrano. We tired to go into the mission and walk around but it was going to cost us like $25 for us all to get in! RIP OFF! So we headed over to Zoomars instead and had fun at the petting zoo. Then we walked up to the train station and walked around until a train pulled in. Thrill of a life time for Parker! Man! He talked about that train the whole way home!







When we got home I made some "thank you" treats for the firemen (Got this idea from a magazine and I think it turned out prettty cute!). We also noticed that in their kitchen on thier grocery list they had written butter and popcorn. Well, as popcorn lovers ourselves we know how much popcorn means to a person. So we bought them 6 bags of popcorn and 2 pounds of butter. I hope it will last them a while. We brought it over to them and they were stoked! We can't thank them enough for keeping our community safe. When my Grandma had her stroke I was the one who called 911 and they were the ones who responded. You never think to thank them when you're in an emergency situation but they definitely deserve it!


After we dropped the goodies off to the firemen we stopped by the Pumpkin Patch for a quick run through. Someone gave us some free tickets so we took Parker on the choo choo train ride again and he loved it! It was a great ending to a great day!



Oh and this was my second attempt at a Halloween costume for Parker. Superman cape, rash guard, and rain boots along with the super dooper underwear! ha ha

Funniest picture!!!!

There's my sweet boy. :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I loved these pictures. You all have so much family fun! My favorite photo is the same as yours! Also, I love the reflection in the rims of the Firetruck!
How's my little guy doing on the potty training?
Love ya,
Grammy
Perry Family said…
what a fun day! I love parker in his super man outfit with no pants!! :)
Anonymous said…
That is the cutest picture of Parker in his cape, he is so excited! So much fun your little family has together!
Way cute treats! You are always doing the most thoughtful things for others!
Jon + Kat said…
Parker is getting so big! I'm so wanting to go to a pumpkin patch! That and the firestation look so fun!
Allred Family said…
Love it, looks like you had so much fun!!!! Caleb still wants to be a fireman when he grows up....totally obsessed with EVERYTHING Fire Related!!!! Parker is getting so big, LOVE the Superman Pictures....what a handsome little super hero!!!!!
Parkers said…
Chandra! He is so adorable. I'm so excited that you are coming to Provo. We will have to hang out! When are you coming? Is there anything I can do to help you?