Happy Valentine's Day to You!
This weekend was one of the best since we've been here in Utah! It all started Friday night with a nice, snugly night in. Tanner and I actually watched a movie- together. That hasn't happened in quite a while. He has been working so hard in school! But it has paid off- he's getting excellent grades and I'm very proud of him!
Saturday morning Tanner took Parker out to run some errands which enabled me to CLEAN the house! Cleaning is so much easier when the boys are out of the house and not making more messes! But as we were busy bees, working away at our tasks, we got a phone call from Tanner's Mom asking if she and Kassidy could come stay with us this weekend! Of course! We were thrilled to have some company- especially in the form of a Grandma. Grandma's are the BEST!
At around noon Parker went down for his nap and I was able to slip away and scan Tanner's cousin who is expecting. We got to measure the baby and see it swimming and kicking around like crazy! It was so fun and such a neat experience. In exchange for me scanning her she cut my hair! Don't get too excited- she just did a trim. The real change came when Parker woke up and she cut his hair. Yes, I realize I have issues when it comes to cutting my son's hair. It is something I have to work on. :-) But she did a GREAT job and I can't stop staring at my little MAN! He is soooo not a baby anymore- especially when he's running around the house singing his ABC's. Sigh. (And cousin, I'm trying not to name names so that I don't let the any cats out of any bags that I'm not supposed to let out- LOVE YOU!!!)
Here's our half way point. She said he looked like Joseph Smith and Tanner said he looked like Grandpa Peterson with his comb over! I was cracking up!! lol
(We have "after" pictures at the end of this post... stayed tuned!)
Sooo, then my BFF Angel and her husband came over and we drove up through the canyon to go check out some hot springs. When we got there it was so cold and snowing and we were so excited to jump into that hot bubbly water but it was going to cost a million dollars and Tanner wasn't too excited about it so Luis totally hooked us up at this resort across the street and we swam around the indoor pool and hot tub for a while. Soooo nice to be warm and weightless for a while.

Chang
After the dip in the pool we played a little 2 on 2 ping pong... that is until Parker decided he wanted to play. Then the game pretty much turned into, "Oh man, the ball is on the floor again."
This was the view from outside the resort! Glad there's no snow in our yard! Hello summer??? you can come out now!
Here's Parker and his Grammy all ready for church....
And here we are walking to church (gotta love Utah, right?)
When we came home from church we made cupcakes for our super fun Valentine's Day party with the Allreds!
Grammy was in charge of frosting the cupcakes and keeping as much sugar away from Parker as possible. HA HA Not a chance! This kid can some how find sugar in his sleep!
Parker and Aunt Kass-D :-)

Tanner completely surprised me with this lovely basket after church. There was the sweetest card you've ever read in it, and some candy, and a candle, and a bunch of other awesome stuff. He's the BEST! Oh, and I have a massage waiting for me whenever I want it! He's getting pretty good at this Valentine's Day stuff! I love you Hun!
My gift to him was a little cheesy. I went through all of our old emails from when we were dating and printed them out. They were soooooo mushy and innocent. It was so cute! One of the very first ones was from my mom (a reply to a message I sent her about a "Cute new boy I met") and she wrote back, "DO NOT KISS HIM!!! WHATEVER YOU DO! DONT KISS HIM!" She didn't want things to get too serious too fast. lol I was hooked from the moment I saw him walk through my door! Sorry mom, I could only hold out one week. :-)
Then Spence, Mona Kay, and the kids came over and we had a yummy dinner! The kids were all over the place and got out every single toy in the house but it was so fun! They had a blast playing together! It was soooo cute!
I made a hen in the crock pot and Tanner carved it....
Spence took solace in the living room and serenaded us with the guitar. He's got mad skills. He's absolutely amazing! I love it when he plays! He can play anything!!
Here's the spread: The hen of course, green bean casserole (my grandma's recipe), pink fruit salad, pasta salad, and Mona Kay brought her famous artichoke dip! I was so nervous cooking for the brilliant Mona Kay- she is a fabulous cook. But they seemed to like the food! Woohoo! It sure was yummy in MY tummy!

After dinner the kids were all playing and we chilled and listened to Spence work his magic.

Parker found the chocolate Tanner got me for Valentine's Day....
And to add to our collection of black mail pictures for when he starts dating, I took this lil beauty! He thought Sage's shoes were sooooo cool! All red and sparkly! lol Oh my son!
Here's all the kids before they left! They were so cute!
Friends Forever
Awwwww, now that's love. I think Parker secretly wanted Sage to be his Valentine. :-)
There were some kids from my primary handing out Valentine's that night and they came over and brought me one! It was so sweet! I felt so loved! I was glad I had some extra cup cakes to share with them. At least I know they are enjoying me as their song leader in primary. :-)
Monday morning Kim and Kassidy took off and were going to shop all they way back to Idaho. We sure LOVED hanging out with them- talking, eating, and watching movies. Thanks again, girls, for being such good sports and letting the primary sing the hello song to you! hee hee
After they left Tanner and I had our official Valentine's Day date (we hadn't been on a date in a looooong while). We saw Valentine's Day the movie (like everyone else this weekend lol) and then grabbed some Jay Dawgs for lunch. It was so nice just focusing on each other and holding hands instead of holding Parker. I love my man!!!!


AND!!! For those of you who have made it this far in my super long post, here are a few little pictures Tanner snapped today outside our front door of Parker's new do. I can't believe he's 2 and a half already! Sheesh! Where is my baby? I love this little boy so much! Last night he fell asleep in my arms and I could have died and gone to heaven. He is such an angel boy and I am so blessed to be his mother.

"I'm 2!"
This was a pose he came up with all by himself- if you can believe it.

This one is my favorite. It was the first one we took. He was just standing there like this- such a stud. Oh man, I've got to go before I start crying.
Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year, and President's Day! :-)
Saturday morning Tanner took Parker out to run some errands which enabled me to CLEAN the house! Cleaning is so much easier when the boys are out of the house and not making more messes! But as we were busy bees, working away at our tasks, we got a phone call from Tanner's Mom asking if she and Kassidy could come stay with us this weekend! Of course! We were thrilled to have some company- especially in the form of a Grandma. Grandma's are the BEST!
At around noon Parker went down for his nap and I was able to slip away and scan Tanner's cousin who is expecting. We got to measure the baby and see it swimming and kicking around like crazy! It was so fun and such a neat experience. In exchange for me scanning her she cut my hair! Don't get too excited- she just did a trim. The real change came when Parker woke up and she cut his hair. Yes, I realize I have issues when it comes to cutting my son's hair. It is something I have to work on. :-) But she did a GREAT job and I can't stop staring at my little MAN! He is soooo not a baby anymore- especially when he's running around the house singing his ABC's. Sigh. (And cousin, I'm trying not to name names so that I don't let the any cats out of any bags that I'm not supposed to let out- LOVE YOU!!!)
(We have "after" pictures at the end of this post... stayed tuned!)
Sooo, then my BFF Angel and her husband came over and we drove up through the canyon to go check out some hot springs. When we got there it was so cold and snowing and we were so excited to jump into that hot bubbly water but it was going to cost a million dollars and Tanner wasn't too excited about it so Luis totally hooked us up at this resort across the street and we swam around the indoor pool and hot tub for a while. Soooo nice to be warm and weightless for a while.
There were some kids from my primary handing out Valentine's that night and they came over and brought me one! It was so sweet! I felt so loved! I was glad I had some extra cup cakes to share with them. At least I know they are enjoying me as their song leader in primary. :-)
After they left Tanner and I had our official Valentine's Day date (we hadn't been on a date in a looooong while). We saw Valentine's Day the movie (like everyone else this weekend lol) and then grabbed some Jay Dawgs for lunch. It was so nice just focusing on each other and holding hands instead of holding Parker. I love my man!!!!
AND!!! For those of you who have made it this far in my super long post, here are a few little pictures Tanner snapped today outside our front door of Parker's new do. I can't believe he's 2 and a half already! Sheesh! Where is my baby? I love this little boy so much! Last night he fell asleep in my arms and I could have died and gone to heaven. He is such an angel boy and I am so blessed to be his mother.

"I'm 2!"
This was a pose he came up with all by himself- if you can believe it.
This one is my favorite. It was the first one we took. He was just standing there like this- such a stud. Oh man, I've got to go before I start crying.Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year, and President's Day! :-)

Comments
So glad you got a little date, it is so GREAT to get away for a little while with out the kids.
And the pictures on your porch AMAZING....I should hire you to take my kids pictures, they might listen to you :)