Anniversary/Easter/Conference Weekend

This is literally the longest post ever but I felt like taking a lot of pictures so.... enjoy!

This weekend started off with our 6TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!

Doesn't that sound like a big deal? 6 years is a long time!

Whew!

I decided to break it down:

6 years
5 Homes
4 States
3 Puppies :-)
2 of us
1 Parker Steven!

6 years ago on April 2nd, 2004 at the San Diego Temple- pretty stinkin good day!

Tanner brought me these beautiful, smelly good, flowers!

I got him a goofy card.
Hmmmm, 6 years.
What do you do for that?


I did some Easter Crafts with Parker. Check 'em out on my OTHER blog for Mom's.

AND the best part of all... MY DAD CAME TO SEE US!!!!

Parker was so thrilled when he saw Bebo! He ran up to him and gave him a big hug and promptly started showing him all his things he made at school. It was a tender moment. :-)

We hung out for a while and then headed over to James' art show!





THIS painting was done with my mom and James' wife, Carole, in mind. They are so cute!




James signing away...




The next day I took my Dad over to see my office and then Tanner gave us a tour around BYU. My Dad said it's changed quite a bit since he was there. :-) It's kind of special being able to walk the paths that my Mom and Dad walked when they were my age and stage.



Isn't my mom super duper cute? Love her!



We thought this display was really cool!



My mom and dad met in Truman Madsen's philosophy class at BYU. My Mom always tells the story of when she was all twitter pated when she heard the news that my Dad was going to pin her. She got all gussied up and met him in front of the Fine Arts Building and he said some kind words about her having something that's always been so close to his heart (pin?) and then gave her his old, tattered Harvard sweatshirt! She was sure it was OVER! But he was pretty irresistible! 45 years later, here they are!





Tanner's doing the "Y" in front of the Y



We then met James and Carole at Los Hermanos. Yum! Parker was SUCH a good boy! It was a really nice evening.






But the REAL highlight of the night was capturing this little beauty! My Dad tried out the famous "Sunggy"! You've got to give him credit though, it IS abnormally cold in Utah right now!




We painted eggs for the Easter bunny...




Got messy, cleaned up, and then went to bed as sugar peeps and chocolate eggs danced in our heads.


The next morning Parker was SOOOOOO excited to see what the Easter Bunny had brought him!







Did anyone ELSE wake up to a WHITE Easter?
It's just wrong, it really is.


Tanner had fun flying his "hop-te-ker" in the house...
After a nice, relaxing, uplifting day watching Conference we headed over to the Christensen's for some Easter bliss.


(My mom talking to my siblings moments after the earthquake that rocked So Cal)


Easter Egg Hunt!!!!!!






Mimi was giddy. :-)


Josh flew in from North Carolina and brought his little boy, Tanner, who is about 2 weeks older than Parker. They had sooooo much fun playing together! It was soooo cute!



It was sad to have to say goodbye to my parents but I am so blessed that they could come out here and spend time with us! Hopefully next time we see them it will be THERE, in nice sunny Laguna! :-)

I had a most memorable, extraordinary weekend filled with lots of love and joy. Easter is one of my favorite times of year with so much to celebrate. I am so grateful for Christ's resurrection and for this beautiful spring season to remind us of His love for us.

Comments

Kassie Temple said…
Happy Anniversary guys! It looks like you had a great time with your parents. So fun that they were able to come spend time with you guys! Hope you are all doing well!
Anonymous said…
WOW, 6 YEARS! It is so crazy how much has happened within that time! I love all the pictures, picture posts are my absolute favorite! Your parents are so cute, such great examples to grow up with. Hey what is that brown thing your dad is wearing? Parker is absolutely the cutest little boy, that smile is so contagious! You do know he is going to be one major heart breaker! I'm glad you had such an amazing Easter Weekend!
Perry Family said…
In just two weeks, mark and i will celebrate 6 years too!! Happy anniversary!! I hope it was a special one, from the pictures, it sure looked like a great weekend! i can't believe how big parker is getting!! he's so cute too! glad your folks came to celebrate with you, i would have a hard time living in a different state than my parents b/c they help me so much with the kiddos.
love all your pics!!
Anonymous said…
That was a WAY fun blog! I loved ALL the pictures. I'm glad you had so much fun with your Mom and Dad. They are a sweet couple!
Love ya,
Grammy
Cort and Amy said…
Chan,

You are so so so so so sweet to offer to take away my ugly veins:) And don't you worry, sweetheart, I'll be taking you up on that offer the very next time I'm in Provo:)

Love you,
Amy