Hurray for Dad's!

Parker and I have had the BEST weekend ever because Tanner has been out of school for 3 WHOLE DAYS! My balloon is about to pop because he hits the books again tomorrow morning. Ohhhh well! We had fun while it lasted! Friday I took off work early and the 3 of us spent the whole afternoon and evening together. We went to 7 Peaks and caught some rays, we ate pizza, and saw a movie! Family time is my favorite. :-)


Start them young. Parker insists on helping me pump the gas and "wash" the windows...



Saturday we spent the whole day outside. We met up with Spencer and Mona Kay and the kids and BBQed up the canyon. The kids ate mostly watermelon but the burgers were delish and the warm summer day did not disappointed!


The kids played on the playground and laid out on the blanket. It was a perfect afternoon.




After lunch we took a little "hike" to Bridal Veil Falls. The kids LOVED it. Parker and Sage held hands practically the entire time. He has something for older women....



Parker took a little snapshot us his parents... :-)


The kids were so cute. We really had a great time!


A ton of other people wanted to see the waterfall too, so we decided to head down to the river and we spent the rest of the time skipping rocks, killing spiders, and seeing snakes by the river. Oh, and the kids looked for buried treasure. Not sure if they found any....???

We went to a birthday party that evening which was so fun and the food was once again super yummy! I love summer food! lol It was nice not to have to worry about study groups or homework interrupting our family time.

Today is such a special day. I LOVE the fact that we have a holiday to celebrate Fathers. I think MY Dad is the greatest in the whole world. He is my ROCK. He's the smartest person I know. He can tell you the answer to ANYTHING and he's also pretty hilarious. He's strong, super strong and is really big on health and fitness. He loves Jazz and Rock and Roll and going to the movies. But the things he loves most are his kids and grandkids. He's ALWAYS there for us when we need him and he knows just what to do or say to make everything better. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him and how much I love him and how thankful I am that he raised me to know and love my Savior, Jesus Christ. Like I said, he's the best Dad in the world and I'll love him forever. :-)

And really, I wouldn't be blessed to be a mother without my Tanner. He is an amazing Dad. He and Parker are twinners and I think it's adorable. When he came with us to 7 Peaks for the first time Parker was like a different kid. He showed off and smiled and laughed way more knowing that his Dad was there watching him and giving him high 5's. Even with Tanner's super busy schedule he's made it a priority to have Family Home Evening with us once a week which has really blessed our little family. He brings out the giggles in Parker better than anyone else can and our family wouldn't be the same without him. Today at church Parker sang with the primary some father's day songs. It was precious and I know it really meant a lot to Tanner to see his little boy up there smiling!


Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Father in Law too! You are a extraordinary man and we love every moment we get to spend with you!

Aren't Dad's the best?

Comments

Anonymous said…
YEP! They are the BEST! That is awesome that you were able to spend three days of unlimited fun with your boys! That little Parker is just like his dad, I LOVE that picture of them in their Sunday best together (definitely a keeper). You guys are always off on a fun adventure, I hope we can still reschedule a trip together this summer. Love you guys!!!
Allred Family said…
You guys are the Best, we had a Great time and Seriously Gavin asks me EVERY Morning to go to Parker's House. So i think we need to plan another get together sometime soon. Looks like you had a great Fathers Day i Love their Church Clothes. SO Handsome ;)
Beth said…
Oh, I love the matching suits!! How cute! I can't wait to do this with Kyle and his boy.. :)