Is it Summer time yet?

Of course I have about 13 thousand fun summer things I want to do but the weather has been so fickle and cool! I want it to be HOT! Well, not THAT hot but hot enough to swim and not get cold when you get out. Is that too much to ask?

So, Tanner finished his winter semester of school and then 3 days later started Spring term.
Yay.
Not.
Really, I'm so proud of him and all the hard work he puts into school but it stinks sometimes not having him around to play with. He has study groups most Saturday's so I've been taking Parker out on a lot of special dates...

Last Saturday I took him to the Lake Festival but it when we arrived we learned that it was canceled due to flooding. So, we just walked around the lake and looked at all the boats and imagined what fun it would be to be ON the water riding a jet ski.


Utah Lake=BUST


We've swam at Mimi's pool a couple times, too- which is ALWAYS a favorite.
Here's Parker bugging Mimi as she's trying to swim her laps.

Last year Parker was all weird about getting in the water but now he's just a little fish. I love it!


Tanner got to hang out with us at the pool for a few minutes....

Don't worry, Tanner and I still have date nights on Friday's so we really get to see each other just not as much as we'd like. We've seen a bunch of cool movies and even got massages together.


One Saturday night we force fed Parker his veggies and we told him if he ate them all we'd take him to Trafalga to ride the "race cars". Wow, talk about motivation. He did awesome and was SUPER excited to ride the cars! :-)

After church on Sunday (and a 3 hour long nap for the boys- meanwhile I got some much needed "Me Time" and finished a good book) we went for a nature hike up in Sundance. The sun was going down but it was a beautiful evening and everything smelled SO good!



For our mutual activity last week the youth hiked up to the Y. I'd never done it before and was sooo excited to finally cross that off my bucket list!


Parker did AWESOME! We were behind everyone at first but slow and steady wins the race! After a while we were passing some of the teenagers who started off too fast (and probably talked too much and didn't breath enough...lol) and bonked out. Parker not once complained or asked me to hold him. He is my mighty man!



We made it all the way to the top!!!


Here are some of my girls enjoying the amazing view.


We hiked the Y!


Going down was much faster but still challenging...


At the VERY end he skidded his knee and was not very happy about it. A cute young father came walking up with his cute young wife and offered to carry Parker down the rest of the way. Such a sweet man. It really melted my heart.
Parker was very concerned about his hurt knee. When we got home I told him we needed to wash it off and get it all clean before we put a band aid on it and he freaked out and said, "No!!! If you put water on it it's going to get dee-I-dee-ated!" He's into making up words lately. Like, if you ask him how to say something in Spanish he'll just make something up and tell you. It's hilarious. But this medical term fascinated Tanner and me. Since then we have completely incorporated that word into our vocabulary. The other day I pinched my finger in the door and it was bleeding pretty good and I said to Parker, "Oh great! Now my finger's going to be dee-I-dee-ated!" :-)


He felt much better after a creamy.


See the Y? We hiked all the way to the very top.

The other fun summery thing we've did last week is go to 7 Peaks Water Park. We have passes and you can see it from the top of the Y and that's all Parker talked about the whole way down. So, I knew I had to take him ASAP. I took him after work the next day and it was perfect! It wasn't crowded and we stayed for about an hour and headed home! He LOVED it!


We can't wait to go back again!

This weekend was the Orem Summer Festival! That morning we had a free pancake breakfast put on by a local grocery store and it was actually really good and really fun! Parker got a free flag and a sticker, too. Tanner had to study so Parker and I ran some errands and went to a baby shower and then we BBQed in the backyard and then headed to the parade!

The cannons were so loud but they are my favorite part- love the cannons.


We were seated towards the end of the parade route so many of the participants were tried of dancing or jumping or marching when they reached us but it was still super fun.
After the parade we went over to the carnival and stuffed our faces with greasey food like hot dogs and funnel cake. Yum. Then we found a comfy place to lay down and watched the fire works. I love fire works. They never get old. It's so much more fun now, too, seeing everything through the eyes of my precious child. I live for him.

To top off the weekend we planted some flowers in our backyard and cleaned our little court yard up a little bit.

(Here's Tanner getting ready to grill...)

BEFORE


AFTER
Pretty, huh?

I'm so looking forward to all this summer has to offer! The 4th of July is my favorite holiday! My best friend is having a baby! We get to go to California and camp on the beach! And SO MUCH MORE! Hello sunshine!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that picture of Parker covering his ears because the cannons are too loud! He is so cute! I just love those big blue eyes, he is just so handsome!
Tanner works so hard in school and does so well but that is awesome that you two always do a date night together every Friday! That's more than a lot of couples are able to spend together but I am a firm believer that that time is very much necessary!
Kim said…
I love all the fun pix you post! You are all doing fun things ALL the time. It looks like you are a fun YW leader.
Sue Ann said…
Great post! MISS YOU!!!! Counting the days til the Fourth!!!!!