Summer Lovin', Had Me a Blast

After our little vacation it was back home and down to business. We all got our teeth cleaned at the dentist- NO Cavities!




Tanner had to take the GRE (An entrance exam for graduate school) up in Logan so while he was testing I took Parker to a cute little restaurant called BlueBird. It has been there for like 100 years. I told Parker he was my date and told him all the things you do to be polite on a date. He asked me about my day and told me I looked nice (in my scrubs, mind you) but then he grabbed the butter with his hands and smeared it on his roll with his fingers. "Is this how I do it, Mommy?" Hmmm, we'll have to work on manners.

After dinner we went and got ice cream sundaes at the front of the restaurant where you can sit on spinning stools and watch them put toppings on your favorite flavor. So cute!



(He just really wanted to be eating that ice cream- not taking any more blasted pictures!)

Since we had plenty of time to waste we decided to head back up to Utah State's campus (Where Tanner was taking his test) and explore a little. It was a really cool campus with lots of interesting architecture. When it got dark we headed inside this building and found a classroom where we could read and play on the white board.

(Tanner did EXCELLENT on his exam and I'm so proud of him!!!)



Straight after the exam we drove up Logan Canyon to Bear Lake and spent the night with Tanner's grandparents. Don't even get me started on how upset I am that I didn't get a picture of them. I also wanted to snap a picture of the 4 generations of Peterson boys. Sigh. Better luck next time.

The next morning was..... terrifying. I took a shower down in the basement and when I was done I opened the shower door to find a spider hanging less than 6 inches right in front of my eyes! I screamed but gained control of myself long enough to grab my towel, step out, and turn around where I saw ANOTHER spider hanging there mocking me! I bet he was thinking he'd like to eat me up for breakfast! EW! Freaky!

After I was able to calm down and get myself dressed we headed over to the family reunion. I think it's safe to say that I didn't know anyone there but it WAS so nice getting to spend time with Tanner's parents- just us and them. They are amazing and we cherish any time we get to spend with them. :-)




After the family reunion we drove around the lake and met up with my BFF Jacob and his wife and family! We were so pumped on renting a jet ski but we only had an hour to spare and there was a 2 hour minimum that day. Bummer. But we did get to spend some time swimming, laughing, and chatting it up with Jacob and Diedre. They are just about the coolest 2 people you'll ever know.


It was HOT and I wanted to badly to be out on that big, blue lake. :-(

BUT, we stopped at LaBeau's for dinner on our way home. It did NOT disappoint. Those raspberry shakes were incredible!


Bye bye Bear Lake.

Since Tanner started back up at school we've been trying to get back into a good routine. It's been tough because the weather is still so warm and gorgeous. Our days are definitely more busy but I like it.

We took Parker to 7 Peaks one last time up in Salt Lake and then surprised Travis and Nicole with a little visit. We could have stayed and played all night!

A few days ago we took Parker to the Living Aquarium. It was on my Utah Bucket List. It was no Sea World by any means but it was still REALLY cool. I just love the ocean and all the little fishies that live in it.




This Summer has been filled with a lot of ups and downs but I think we made the most of every moment so I have no regrets. I know Fall is coming and it's weird to say it, but I think I'm a little excited. I'm ready for the pumpkin spice candles and the pretty colors all around. I'm ready for sweaters and snuggling by the fire. But, come January I'll be ready for Spring!

Comments

Sue Ann said…
I love you, My Darling, and your incredible zest for life! You have the cutest husband and son, and I am so glad to see these wonderful photos. Bless you, my dear.