Up's and Downs

Wow. September has had a LOT of ups and downs for me. I've tried to keep a smile on my face but it's been HARD. And I'm not usually one to work for a positive attitude. We've tried to have ourselves some good times despite all the heart ache, though. And as I look back on these times I feel good. Which is WAY better than feeling bad.

A couple weeks ago Tanner and I took Parker to the Utah State Fair. We were worried we were headed in the wrong direction because the fair was really out in the boonies! The Utah State Fair was certainly no OC Fair but we still managed to have a good time.


There was a cute little framer's exhibit for kids. They got to don an apron, pick up a basket and some tools and go to work!

He gathered all sorts of things in his basket and in the end sold his "produce" and was able to buy a shiny green apple!


We told Parker he could choose one ride to go on (fair ride prices are outrageous!) He wanted to do the big yellow slide. He had to go down all by himself and he was so brave.


Here he is walking up the 10,000 steps. Kids kept running past him- it took him like 10 minutes to get up!


He was not too sure about the ride down....


Ah! Success! He LOVED it!

I'm bummed I didn't get any pictures of Mona Kay's birthday party! I made her this big old chocolate cake with raspberries all over it and Spencer grilled up some steaks and made the BEST mashed potatoes and green beans. I swear- those 2 are gifted in the kitchen. The kids had a blast playing together (I might have spent a little too much time playing with Sage and her doll house...) and I even got to scan Mona Kay's little baby girl! So fun!

We hung out one Sunday after noon with Travis and Nicole, too. Don't know why I didn't feel the need to document every memory with a picture... oh well.

So, I was really in need of some girl time with by besties. Luis, Tanner and Parker stayed home one night to watch the BYU games while me, Angel, and Mikailo went to Jason's Deli for dinner. It was so nice spending some one on one time with my BFF. Don't know why we don't do it more often....





Saturday was a busy day. I took Parker to his primary program practice (so cute) and then we went up to Sundance to check out the Harvest Festival. There were tons of cute booths and live music.


All Parker wanted was a blue lolipop. (Sundance lollipops truly are the best...) I was content with my purchase of Vanilla Pear jam.


We had a good time together up in the beautiful mountains. The leaves are starting to change but it's still HOT. No complaining here!

That night I went out on a date with my "Mom", Liz. We started calling each other "Mom" in college when we were roommates and took care of each other. Liz would make me breakfast and drive me to school. She's the best and I love her so much. We went to Salt Lake and shopped around the Gateway and got dinner at this super yummy Italian place. Then we saw a movie. Perfect.




Sunday was the Primary Program! I told Parker to say his part loud and clear because he only get's "one shot!" He then replied, "NOOOO! I don't like getting shots!!!!" He was a little nut up there on the stage. He bee bopped around and made funny faces. Oh man. Tanner and I sat in the front row and tried so hard to keep straight faces when he was goofing off. We even gave him "the look" but he just smiled and giggled. Sigh. 4 year old boys.
He did great, though, and I'm so proud of my kid. His very first primary program. Sheesh. Time flies.

Well, lets all just hope and pray that October is a happy one. I'm kinda looking forward to it! :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's so great that you've been able to have so much fun with your boys and your girlfriends. It looks like no matter what comes your way you make sure that sweet little boy of yours is always happy on some adventure! You need some "you" time too, that girls night out sounded so fun and theraputic. Girl-time is a much needed past time! This next month will be awesome, you are a pro at making the most of every moment in life!!!