Trick or Treat?


Trick:
Magic Trick to be exact. Last week Tanner and I took Parker to a magic show down at our local playhouse. We sat right in the front and Parker was amazed the entire time! The show was geared toward kids and the magician was hilarious- the kids LOVED him! I thought it was particularly funny that his "assistant" (aka: super skinny blonde) had glitter all over her body and the magician had glitter all over his.... face. Hmmmmm???


(Parker's "scary" face)


We had a hard time deciding what Parker was going to be for Halloween. About a month ago when I asked him he told me he wanted to be a "giant pumpkin". Um no. Then, when we went to the store, he said he wanted to be Winnie the Pooh. He has never even seen Winnie the Pooh. I was confused. But my neighbor suggested he be a Rock Star and by golly she was spot on!


We had some ripped up jeans but we went to the thrift store and bought some killer light up boots and spray painted them silver. We found a T-Shirt and totally glittered it out. Oh, and that black leather looking vest was quite the find. We drew tattoos on his arms and studs in his ears and sprayed his Mohawk blue. He grabbed his prized guitar (gift from Max and Ben) and we were in business!






(I'm trying to look all hard core but I'm pretty sure I'm just signing "I love you")

Trick:
We planned a pot luck Halloween party at my work and I was the ONLY one in the ENTIRE office who dressed up. It's ok, my patients thought I was cute. ;-)

Our ward Trunk or Treat was fast and furious. But the kids looked adorable in the costume parade!



Trick:
After staying up way too late and eating way too much sugar Parker pretty much turned into a monster at bath time. So, we turned off the lights. I know, mean right? Ok, so we threw some glo sticks into this bath and boy oh boy what he in heaven! Wish we had glo sticks for every bath every day! Tanner had some left over dry ice, too, and we threw that in there which was super cool!







On Saturday, my friend Josh invited us to Cornbelly's! It was much more fun going with another adult and clearly much more fun for Parker to play with some other boys while we were there. Josh's son Tanner was born just a few days before Parker and they are so fun together!


This is the best shot I could get of all 3 boys- they were too busy playing!


TREAT:
Tanner took most of the pictures on Halloween with his camera so we'll have to patiently wait until he gets those up loaded. We crashed the Cul-de-Sac of Terror and spent some time with family and then cruised on over to our hood for some trick or treating! Tanner stayed home to deck out our porch and hand out candy while I took Parker around. It's cool how in Utah everyone in your neighborhood is in your ward. We met up with our favorite little neighbor girls and finished the night off with them. They were adorable! (Yes, pictures to come....)


I think we have enough "treats" to last us a life time!

Comments