Happy New Year!

We headed up to Idaho this New Year's to spend time with Tanner's family and take care of some business. I had Friday and Monday off of work and Tanner was free as a bird so we enjoyed a nice, long, relaxing, holiday weekend!

Travis and Nicole came over with the girls on Friday evening and the kids had so much fun playing together. We had a little gift for them from Christmas so it was fun to share that gift giving moment with them.
Side not: Nicole thinks her baby bump is huge but she's seriously so tiny- she is definitely a baby maker.

The kids were cracking us up! Parker was on a sugar high! Watch out!
We're looking into putting a diabetic bracelet on him so that people wont give him candy- that kid turns into a lunatic on sugar lately!

Kaydence


Marley




(I accidently uploaded this video but I guess I'll just leave it... nothing special, just Parker being crazy)




On Saturday I heard my Mother in Law lamenting about her cluttered and unorganized sewing room. I over heard her saying she wished she had a professional to help her get it all cleaned up. My excitement was astounding but I took a deep breath and casually offered my help- I'm an organizational freak. I can be a little overwhelming to some people with my need for color coding and size matching. But, to my astonishment she was grateful for my help! We headed to Walmart, bought $100 worth of plastic bins and other containers and we spent the whole day cleaning! It. Was. Wonderful! I know, I'm freaky. Meanwhile, Parker was ignored but played like a little angel with the legos, never once bugging us or getting into mischief. Tanner went to the movies with his Dad and I think it's safe to say every one was happy.


That night we had dinner with some of Tanner's friends from back in the day. We are all married and have kids now so it was fun to get together and let the kids play. The meal was extraordinary- a real treat!







After dinner I played a game called Farkle (and lost) with half the group while Tanner shared a love seat with his buddies and talked about... who know's what but I'm sure You tube was involved. Kim and Monte picked up Parker and took him home to bed. They are amazing!



Umm, yes, that IS Creme Brulee.




Only 4 of us lasted until midnight- welcome to being old and married with babies. So many New Years Eve count downs I spent alone while Tanner did valet in Vegas or I fell asleep while we hung out with friends but this year we both made it! We counted down, we kissed, it was perfect.










One of my New Year's Resolutions is to practice the piano every day and try to teach Parker a little bit of technique. Well, apparently that should have been my goal LAST year because I found myself on January 1st being called to action. Kim said they had no one to play the piano in Relief Society so would I mind...??? Ummmmm, yes, Yes I would. But, I couldn't turn down a call to serve so I did it and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. :-)

We were able to hear Tanner's Dad speak in Church that Sunday which was a real treat.

After church the family all gathered for a famous Sunday roast at the Peterson's and we laughed and heard all about Kaitlin's awesome experiences at school learning to be a surgical tech (I'm so jealous). We laid around and relaxed, I may or may not have had too much dessert. We got to see Tanner's friend, Jake, and meet his new bride.... 2012 started off right!


The best in laws in the entire history of existence.



Kaitlin and Travis




Kassidy! We talked for a long time about books and reading. Another one of my goals is to read a book a week. So far I've read 4 books and it's only been a week!




On our way home we stopped by Spencer and Mona Kay's to meet their new, sweet, beautiful, baby girl- Laurel. She's perfect. I want her.


The kids were going crazy playing with each other and creating all kinds of chaos. We used this new app they told me about to make little videos of them blowing up. They were hilarious! I'm so bummed that they are moving back to Vegas! Not like I'm one to talk since we'll probably be moving to the East Coast when Tanner gets into PA school...





Beautiful Sage...




Monday we spent the day in our PJs cleaning up Christmas and organizing our crap! It felt soooo good! Parker was an angel and kept himself busy all day while we worked- well, except for this mess he created. But, I can forgive him for this. :-)




Another one of my goals is to see our friends more often! We love hanging out with Angeluis and now we have cute baby Mikailo to play with, too! He's just the happiest, most smiley baby and those dimples just about kill me. Aw!





Here's to a happy, healthy, adventurous 2012!

Comments

Kim said…
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your help in my sewing/craft room. I LOVE it. Montel started putting up the new shelf in there today. My only hope is that I can keep as organized as it is right now. You are awesome.
Love you,
Kim
Anonymous said…
I always love any time we get to see you guys! Thanks for the shout out reassuring me that I am not in fact a whale, your always so sweet! Man I have a lot of catching up to do, I was going through your posts and you've had an awesome holiday season!!! You guys have done so much just in the last few months its crazy! As in CRAZY AWESOME! I hope this next year holds as many fun adventures and family time as this one did, love you!
Allred Family said…
Wow i cannot believe you stayed awake on new years eve!!!! Impressive :) We always love when you guys come over, even though MY kids go CRAZY...Why does that happen??? We need to get together sometime soon...
Perry Family said…
i need your organizational skillz! so glad you had wonderful holiday memories! :)