VNUS Conference in San Diego
I was invited to attend a venous ultrasound conference sponsored by the device we use in our clinic. When they asked me to go I was soooo excited! The conference was just one day down in San Diego but they put me up in the Marriott the night before. It almost seemed like a joke- them flying me to Southern California and letting me spend the night at a fancy hotel. Could this be for real? I really had to wear my big girl pants and try and act professional. I'm used to Tanner taking care of all our travel needs. But, it was a great experience and I was very honored to be one of the 30 people in the nation chosen to attend.
I flew into John Wayne and my parents picked me up. It was sooooo good to see them!! They took me home and fed me dinner then my Mom let me take her car down to San Diego. That drive never gets old to me. The hotel was right by the temple and it felt good to see the place where Tanner and I were sealed for time and all eternity. :-)
Here I am on the balcony in my room the morning of the conference.
A shuttle took us to SDSU and we had a nice breakfast. The lecture was awesome and I felt really cool knowing all the answers. I've been practicing this type of ultrasound for 2 years and was able to give beneficial input throughout the day. I was even able to answer a puzzling question from a doctor about using certain veins for cardiac bypass surgery- since I work with heart surgeons some of those facts have rubbed off on me.
They fed us lunch, too, and I grabbed a Mt. Dew in honor of Tanner. He loves Mt. Dew and I can't stand it. But it was all that was left to drink so I gave in...
We had 2 different sessions of working in the lab. It was fun to show off my skills! :-)
After the conference they shuttled us back to the Marriott and I drove back home. It was the best ever being able to spend one on one time with my parents! I felt like the baby again! :-)
I was able to spend some time with my sister, too!

My Dad took my Mom and me out to dinner and a movie that night. Nothing beats that! This is us silencing our cell phones.
Sunday I went with my mom to church. My Dad didn't go because he was still kind of on lock down from his surgery. He'd developed a small infection and he didn't want to risk attracting any more germs. I loved going to my home ward and seeing all my homies!
My sister, Josi, was out of town with her husband visiting some of his family and so I was soooo bummed I couldn't see sweet baby James! But she left Mr. Fluffy with my parents and he seemed quite comfortable. They were trying to get rid of him but I have a sneaking suspicion that he's here to stay. :-)
I had a blast visiting my brother and seeing my adorable nieces! Lil Kim is my favorite! She is just the cutest, sweetest, most lovable, social, smart, darling little beauty! We had fun taking pictures and making videos to send to Parker.
Monday was my last day at home. :-( My Mom took me shopping for new scrubs which I am soooo grateful for and my Dad took us to the Spectrum for lunch and another movie before they dropped me off at the airport.


Oh!!! I love my Dad so much!!!

So, basically what I'm say is that I LOVE my job. I know I've said it before but seriously, it's the best job in the world and I feel so lucky and utterly blessed to be able to do something that not only do I love doing but they love me too! :-) I'm going to be so sad when this chapter of my life is over!



Comments