Rayleigh Kae's Blessing Day

Words can't adequately express how truly precious this day was for me. So long I prayed for this tiny angel and here she is! And what a miracle! I honestly wonder if there are mothers out there who love their children as infinity as I do. I love them so much it hurts. Rayleigh's blessing day was something I've been anticipating with such reverence for many, many years. I am so thankful to be married to a wonderful man who holds the priesthood and was able to give this beautiful baby a blessing. And I am truly honored for the outstanding men who joined him in the circle. It humbles me to know that such power and authority is within arms reach and available to me.

The plan was for Rayleigh to be blessed in the dress that my sisters and I wore on our blessing days  but alas, we could not find it. So, I ordered this fabulous gown at the last minute. It is my hope that Rayleigh's sisters will wear it one day, too. ;-) She was so adorable while wearing her special dress. It was like she knew it was something important. She is my little princess.

Parker was so excited to see her in it. He loves everything about his sister. It warms my hear to the core. He is so proud of her. She honestly could not have a better big brother. That morning, while we were getting her ready, she kept looking around the room and smiling. There is not a doubt in my mind that there were angels in the room, my grandparents and Tanner's especially. Dear angels were in attendance that day. I know she was smiling at them. The veil is so thin.



Rayleigh and her fantastic father


This was the tiny bracelet I made especially for Rayleigh's blessing day. It's made with real pearls, of course, and a splash of pink for my girly girl.


It was quite the humorous scene trying to strap her into her car seat with all the ruffles and poofiness. I'm wondering if I did this whole thing correctly. Oh well. She's adorable. What can I say?


She was perfect all through church. Her cousin Brody was blessed first. My brother decided to bless his son in our home ward, too, so that we could all share this eventful day together. Brody received a remarkable blessing and I'm so happy we could be a part of it. 
Next came Rayleigh. I was thrilled to see President Davis on the stand. He just happened to be visiting our ward that Sunday. So, while Tanner gave Rayleigh the most beautiful blessing, joining him in the circle was: my Dad, my brother, Bishop Braithwaite, Garrett, Bishop Leavitt, Bishop Flora, and President Davis. Wow. What an honor. Both the stake president and my Dad said they peeked at Rayleigh during the blessing and that "she looked truly angelic". She is such an angel and was so content in the arms of such loving, Christlike men.
I wrote down a few of the words I could remember Tanner saying to Rayleigh in her blessing. He encouraged her to always seek after virtuous, lovely, of good report and praiseworthy things in her life. To be a leader. He told her she would have a special love for her brother and her mother. He blessed her to have courage to stand and make correct choices which will lead her to stand in holy places when calamity comes to the earth. He blessed her with a desire to do her genealogy and have a love for her ancestors like her grandma. He prayed for her to be kind and smiley. To lift up the head that hangs down. To be a friend to the friendless. To be smart and have a good intellect. And above all to have an unwavering love for the Savior.




After the blessing we all went outside for some family pictures. Of course December 1st in Southern California is absolute gorgeous weather. It was a perfect day.


I am beyond thrilled that Angeluis could be there for Rayleigh's blessing. I love my best friend!

Jon's wonderful family





Kari and her awesome kids



Words cannot express what joy filled my heart this day. I love that I had the opportunity to bear my testimony of the power of Christ's atonement. Through Him even our deepest despair and darkest days can become mere shadows of a glorious dawn. We can lean on Him while traveling through disappointment, grief and hopelessness and know that there is a light shining forth for us, though it may be dim at times. And when the days have past that our trials may be over, what sheer joy and utter contentment we will feel knowing we are wrapped in the arms of His love always and are found worthy of his blessings! We will all sail through stormy seas. This is the time for our probation. But with Christ and through His atoning sacrifice we need only to get on our knees and pour out our sorrows, love Him, do everything in our power to follow Him and we will be blessed with His light in our lives. And this sweet baby is my Ray of light. Having gone through such a harrowing trial, I am grateful to stand here knowing I am closer to my Savior because of it. There is not a fragment of my being that is not in awe of the Lord's hand in my life and this daughter is truly the best gift.







My sister could not be more beautiful. She is exquisite!



















After church Shelley and her family came over and had lunch and spent the afternoon with us! I haven't seen Shelley in a year so I was so happy to finally see her and spend some time with my twin cousin! My mom loved seeing Duane, too, and catching up with him! Shelley's mom and brother were also there. We had a great time!!!




Jon and his family spent the afternoon with is too and Parker and Kim played so well together! They really are best buds. They were sitting on my bed having some quiet time, watching a movie when I was nursing the baby. So sweet.


Before we left on Monday we helped my mom and dad take down the christmas decorations and put the angel on top of the tree. My mom has the BEST holiday decorations. She is amazing!

This weekend, especially Rayleigh's blessing, is without a doubt one of the top 10 best moments of my life.

Comments