Christmas Eve and Christmas Day 2013
Tanner came home the night before Christmas Eve and we were so happy to see him!!!
We had a great Christmas Eve. In the past, we've tried to create some of our own traditions but we've moved so often that it's been tough to stick with them (like sledding). I made a big old turkey feast while Tanner took Parker out for some last minute shopping. The baby slept ALL day which was amazing. I even made some sugar cookies from scratch! Parker and I had gone to our friends' house on Sunday evening to decorate cookies and she gave me the recipe. I was quite proud of myself. ;-)
We wrapped gifts, ate a delicious meal, baked and decorated cookies, read the nativity, set out cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer, and opened our Christmas Eve pajamas. We were all tucked into bed by 9pm. It was the earliest we'd ever gone to bed on Christmas Eve. Everything was perfect.
The next morning we waited for Parker to come up and get us. We told him a million times NOT to look at the gifts from Santa, but to come get us right away. We were surprised when it was about 8am and we still hadn't seen him. He finally came up and said he didn't feel well. Poor thing. I got him some berries and water and gave him some Tylenol hoping that would do the trick. Meanwhile we got a face-time call from Kim and Monte who were skyping Kassidy in Spain! Talk about the miracle of technology! We were able to see her and talk to her and show her the baby! She bore her testimony to us in Spanish and the spirit was so strong. It was a great way to start Christmas. But poor Parker was not feeling well yet anxious to get down and see what Santa brought him. After we got off the phone we tip toed down stairs....
Woo hoo! He was so stoked!
But the poor thing; shortly after this we ran over to the fire place to see if Santa ate the cookies and drank the milk and when we turned around Parker was gone.... he was in the bathroom throwing up! What a way to celebrate Christmas! After that, though, he felt much better. He ate too much junk on Christmas Eve.
When he returned he was like a new boy! We opened presents and enjoyed the merry morning!
We weren't sure what to get a newborn for Christmas. But when we saw a snow-globe with an angel and a baby we knew it was the right gift for her. It also has the date on it so she can always remember her first Christmas. :-)
I am the worst gift giver of all time. I literally got Tanner a t shirt. I thought we weren't going to do anything for each other this year but Tanner never fails to impress. He got me a coupon book filled with all kinds of treats such as money to get my hair done, a massage, movie tickets, free dinners out and for him to cook, a nice long bath... all kinds of sweet things. Even money for a shopping spree! I sure am spoiled!
Parker got Bey-blades and legos and a rainbow loom. And Santa brought him a Wii!
At Tanner's work gift exchange he got a go pro so don't feel too sorry for him..... ;-)
I painted Rayleigh's toes on Christmas eve. I think I want to start a tradition of doing that each year. She was awake so the paint got all over. Babies are such wiggly little things. But it's adorable.
The rest of the day was spent eating left overs and playing the Wii..... in our jammies of course.
Almost every Christmas since we had Parker we've celebrated with just our little family. We like it that way. It's such a magical day and we cherish the moments together. But Christmas evening gets a little boring. If only we lived close enough to just drive to see family for the evening and share a nice meal. Oh well! I guess we'll just have to have a bunch of more kids to liven things up! :-)
There's no doubt that Rayleigh was the BEST gift given to us this year! She is our beautiful, perfect gift from God. And we can't deny how much we've been blessed this year with health and wealth. We have a wonderful home and such nice friends. What more could we ask for?

































Comments