We Love SoCal 2014
After our 2 nights at the St. Regis we went to my Mom and Dad's house to stay for another week. Tanner was busy studying for his State Licensing Exam so the kids and I played.
Jon came over and Brody has just started crawling too! These 2 are so cute together. They love to check each other out. Rayleigh is doing this funny scoot/crawl. Oh it's the cutest!
Holding hands.
Church is always a special treat when we are back in our home ward. Everyone knows who we are and we don't have callings so we can just sit back and relax. Tanner took the baby home for a nap after sacrament meeting so I really did get to sit back and relax! I had to snap a picture of my mom in her patriotic ensemble with my Dad in his new suit!
Jon came over again.... had to snap a picture of this cute duo!
One day Tanner was at the Mission Viejo Library studying so my Mom and I ran to the Shops really quickly. Parker had to stop and design his own Tesla and of course we couldn't leave without a purchase from the Lego Store...
The Bishop and Lisa invited us to go to the Montage with them on Monday (Memorial Day) in the morning. We got there around 10 and left a little before 1. It was perfect. The sun was shining and the sky was bright blue. The water was clear and warm. And we beat the crowds! Once again Parker was a little surfer dude. He was in some HUGE waves and loved riding them and getting crashed. One time he ran up to me and said, "That was gnarly!" I think he's found his sport.
Lisa was so cute with the baby and London is such an amazing girl. Let's be honest, we really need Parker and London to get married.
Tanner was studying the entire time......
This is the boogie board he earned by swimming laps with me 10 times. He is such a stud!
And look at that cute little window to his mouth! Parker FINALLY lost his first tooth!!! May 29th, 2014! He made a note and stuck his tooth under his pillow for the tooth fairy. She brought him $2 and 3 quarters! Score! We were all so excited for him!!!!
One day when Jon was over we took the kids to the park. Nanny's park is the best! We put the babies in the swings and they LOVED it. So darling.
On Tuesday after school we all met down at Calafia in San Clemente for a beach day. Kari, Cami, Jon, and me. Parker was stoked to use his boogie board again and ran straight into the waves. Tavian wore his spring suit to stay warm but was over it in like 15 minutes. Parker did not leave the water the entire time we were there. This kid is addicted! And Rayleigh is addicted to eating sand. Cute Jessie was all attentive to the baby and would warn me when she thought we were getting too close to the waves. (The baby was constantly crawling straight for the water) We saw so many dolphins and they swam closer to shore than I'd ever seen in my entire life! There was a mommy and baby! So cute! We were thrilled!
I love my little beach bums!
I love my little beach bums!
They were so happy after a long afternoon at the beach.
Tanner left on Tuesday morning to go to LA for his exam. He stayed at the Omni that night and sat for the exam the next morning. He was so glad to have it finally over and done with. We took him to Pelican Hill for a little celebratory dinner. We also used that opportunity to celebrate my Dad's birthday since we were leaving just a few days before the actual event! The whole family was getting together for pizza at the Pizza Store but we weren't going to be there. I'd never been to Pelican Hill, though, and was blown away at how gorgeous it was! We sat outside over looking the enormous round pool, pristine golf course, and the bright blue ocean. Parker was being terrible. I don't know exactly what he deal has been lately but he's been a little turd from time to time. It was very awkward. I think my mom gave him $1 and he finally shut up. ha ha Hey, Nanny gets to do stuff like that because she's the grandma. We let him take a dip in the pool when we were done eating, too, since he had his swimming suit on. He thought THAT was cool. All's well that ends well.
I hate goodbyes but I guess it's inevitable. We hit the road the next day and had the most epic journey!

Comments