Last Beach Day of the Year 2015
I had a rough Sunday- I didn't make it to church and decided to take down all of Christmas. Needless to say, Sunday was NOT a delight. So my sweet, thoughtful husband graciously took the day off on Monday to cheer me up and end 2015 on a high note. All I wanted to do was go to the beach and that's exactly what we did. We loaded up and bundled up and hit the Montage. Only there was no beach! We had to walk over to the other side of the Montage but the good news is that it was gorgeous and we had the entire beach to ourselves!
The next day Tanner came home from work early so I could have some "me" time. I listened to the new Adele album full blast as I drove to Laguna- all the while flying through traffic and watching the sunset. It was heavenly! I stopped by my parents for a little visit which was so fun because lately it's been so hard to have a conversation- with my littles running a muck! Then I scored an hour long massage at this little place near my parent's house. Ahhhhhh. Just what the doctor ordered. I finished up the night at the Nordstom Cafe with my very first friend Jana. I ran into Robyn and Cecily on my way in, too! Jana is only here until the end of the week and then it's back to Kansas with her 3 little girls and no husband- he is deployed until the Summer. We had a great time chatting like girls do! We were literally the last ones to leave. We talked so hard that we didn't know what time it was until the mall intercom announced it was time for us to go. We looked up and saw all of these tired faces staring at us from behind racks of clothes. Sorry guys! It was a great night and I can't thank Tanner enough for not only holding down the fort, but being sensitive enough to see that a little "me" time was just what I needed to feel myself again!






































Comments