Summer Vacation in February

And by Summer Vacation I mean, it's hot like summer. Like, 90 degrees every day. Hot.
But I don't mind! I love the Summer! Bring it on!
We've been playing games with Parker before bed each night and it's been so fun! Here he is teaching me the ins and outs of Rummikub!


Park days are a must.

This is a picture of Muzzie with her first husband, Rondo. I believe she is about 19 years old and they are engaged. What a beautiful couple, huh? I can't wait to meet him someday and give my sweet Grandmother a huge hug again!

Rayleigh got into Tanner's drawers and stole his cuff links. Parker brought them to me and said, "Rayleigh took all of Daddy's handcuffs!"

I had to document this... It's crazy to look back on life and see where you were and where you are. I'm so glad those dark days are over. But I'm truly thankful for that trial because it brought me closer to Christ. We think we have a plan for our lives and even though those plans might be fantastic and righteous, if they aren't Heavenly Father's plans we aren't going to get very far. And we are going to have growing pains as He steers us in the right direction. I could never have fathomed the depth of joy I feel this day as I count my blessings and my 3 beautiful, perfect children.


Big brother's are great for so many reasons, but close to the top of the list is their master fort making skills. Parker is all about fort building at the moment and his lucky little sister and brother get to partake in all of his creations. This day, I made lunch for them and he built a "restaurant" with a movie and everything! Rayleigh loved it!


And he always has a sweet little baby section for Jack!

This is Ray at dance class. She is still by far the most wild one in the class and hardly ever follows directions...but she's getting better! And she LOVES it. She's as happy as can be! I know as she gets older and learns to follow the leader she will thrive in dance and gymnastics (from a recreational point of view) But for now I stand by (because if I try and grab her she screams) and let her run and jump and climb and love her for all her free spirited-ness!



I picked up  my Mom one day and we took the kids down to Laguna Beach for some beach/park time and lunch! She is always such a good sport to come along with me on my crazy adventures. I'm sure she wonders how I'd ever handle doing these things on my own because she's such a huge help when she's with me. Let's just say that Nanny makes everything better. We watched the kids play on the playground and then hunted for sea glass on the shore. Then we went to La Sirrena Grill for lunch and it was soooo good!







Per the usual, Ray ran straight for the water.






She stole some sand toys from an unsuspecting local. But my friendly little girl makes friends where ever she goes.






While I was vacuuming she climbed on my bed and proceeded to pee right on my pillow. Potty training is disgusting! (As Ray would say) This is her "sorry I peed on your bed" face.

Our swing fell down so I hung it back up in a different place and we've enjoyed so much more use out of it! Ray's all time favorite thing to do is spin and spin as fast as she can! She loves to be dizzy!

Another day: Another fort

Since we have passes to the Discovery Children's Science Museum (or the "Cube") I try and take them as often as possible. We had a blast this day! But when it was time to go I booked it to the stroller and got Ray strapped down and waited for Parker at the bottom of the stairs but he didn't see me. So he called my phone from the front desk. It was a good lesson on how to communicate when we don't see each other and how neither of us would ever leave or walk out the front door without being together.




The kids played outside for a long time and Parker did a fossil hunt!


So, Jack is a giant. At 9 months old he is 25 pounds and hangs down to my knees. But he's not walking yet and the easiest way to take him places it to just wear him. I can't chase after Ray and push a stroller at the same time. And heaven help me when I have to chase BOTH of them around! I gained 29 pounds in 9 months when I was pregnant with Jack (and have since lost it) and now, 9 months later, it's like I'm carrying around all of the weight again! ha ha 

I love when I check on him with the monitor and he's looking straight at it!

Friday I took the kids (and Malakai who is such a good boy!) to 3 Arch Bay. I told my Mom that we were going to drive right by her house if she wanted to jump in and join us. And she did! We had the beach completely to ourselves! I loved talking to my mom about our 3 Arch Bay memories and especially Muzzie and Papa. It was a warm, beautiful day. We really are lucky to live in such a paradisaical place.





Winter beach days bring a different kind of beach than in the summer. The storms shift the sand and rocks are revealed that are otherwise covered with sand. But that also means higher tides and stronger currents. This particular day was perfect- we were even able to walk through all 3 arches which were filled with soft sand!








It's always a good idea to bring a grandma with you wherever you go. One good reason is because she brings tasty snacks that Mom's don't ever bring for their kids. Like Oreos!


Danger? I laugh in the face of danger! ha ha ha

I let Jack roam free and he was sooooo happy to explore!



Ray loves to chill in a good hole.

She went wandering off (shocker) and I followed her on her adventure to the other side of the beach. She was so cute!




Run little one, run!


Those 3 Arch Bay stairs are NO JOKE! But I did it! And earned my dessert that night!!!
We ended up going to 3 Arch exactly a year from the day we went last year. We still had the beach to ourselves but it was a hot, summer-like day instead of a typical chilly February day. Talk about spoiled.

That night I had to catch up on laundry and such. So I put Ray on my bed and turned on a show. But the next thing I knew she was zonked!

It was only 6pm!


On Saturday we splurged and went to Disneyland as a family and got annual passes! Yay! We'd been debated for YEARS whether or not to get them. But what really made us decide to go for it was the fact that we had 5 different friends coming from 4 different states to spend a few days at Disneyland and if we didn't go see them there we might not get to see them at all! It was CRAZY crowded so we didn't ride any rides but we had fun eating treats, people watching, play in Toon Town, meeting Mickey, and running around Innovations.












Tanner's building had been in survey all week so he was ready for some R&R. It was sweet of him to give up a Saturday lazing around to take us all to Disney. He literally worked 20 hour days all week. He's such a stellar example of hard work and dedication. And it all paid off! His survey was successful and he was given a promotion! I pray every day that Tanner finds success at work and that he will be rewarded so that we can pay off our debts, save for our future, and help build up the Kingdom of God. I know Heavenly Father has big plans for us because He has been blessing us without measure. I am happy and excited to see where life takes us!

Saturday night we left the kids with a babysitter and met Liz and her FIANCE at CA Adventure for a fancy dinner at Carthay Circle. He proposed earlier that day at Snow White's wishing well. Even though Liz and Dave had been dating for years, we'd never met him until this night. Our dinner was super slow but it gave us a chance to really talk and get to know him. He seems like a really good guy and Liz was more in her element, happy, and peaceful than I've seen her in a very long time. I'm so happy for her!




Tanner took a bunch of amazing engagement photos for them. Since our dinner literally took 3 hours we left the restaurant when CA Adventure was closed. So we were able to snap a bunch of cool pictures in the empty park.


On of the other major reasons for getting annual Disneyland passes was so that we could use them for date night! It seems too difficult to think of taking the kids on my own during the week but Friday night dates at Disneyland sound so fun! Our babysitter was sweet to stay so late so we could enjoy the park until it closed. We even went on Peter Pan! Our favorite!







The next day was Sunday and the drive to church was so beautiful. Everything is so green! I know it won't last so I had to snap a picture of the green fields.

Ray was saying, "cheeeeeeese!" so I had to snap a picture of her too. :-)
I walked the halls with her most of sacrament meeting. She is a wiggly one. But so are they all, I guess. By the end of the meeting we were all in the nursery together. ha ha She found this gold, beaded Christmas tree decoration in the Mother's Room and thought it was a beautiful, long necklace. ha ha

Oh, how quickly time passes.
I was set apart as the Visiting Teaching coordinator after church and the blessing I received was so beautiful. I was blessed with the ability to juggle home and church responsibilities. The tender aspect about the whole experience was that Jack was "talking" and crawling all over me during the blessing. It reminded me of when we lived in PA and I was being set apart as the primary president. The room was silent. I was in the deepest darkest day of depression, wanting so badly to grow our family. I was alone almost all day every day. Cold and scared for my future. I was bitter at my calling and not wanting to be surrounded by those kids and feeling like I was not at my spiritual best. Being able to sit and receive lessons in Relief Society is what I thought I needed. As I was being given my blessing, he paused and with a quivering voice said, "Heavenly Father is mindful of you and your desires. And he is watching over your CHILDREN." I thought, "Does't this fool know I only have one kid? Didn't he even take the time to get to know me before giving me this blessing?" But I clung to those words hoping that they were true. Wondering if Heavenly Father was in fact watching over my CHILDREN. Not just my child here on earth. Just a few short months later we got pregnant with Ray... and then Jack. Heavenly Father is aware of me and my heart felt pleas. He KNEW I needed to hear those reassuring words. And through a faithful, worthy priesthood holder I was able to have Heavenly Father speak directly to ME. What a powerful manifestation. 
Doubt not. Fear not. For I the Lord am with you. 


Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, those would be such awesome date nights at Disneyland! I love seeing what your family is up to, it always looks like non stop fun and adventure with the Petersons! Wow that Vegas trip looked like a blast!!! I give Tanner HUGE props for taking the kids, husband/father of the year award for sure!!!