Angeluis Come to Play and Other Fun Things

It's been a fun couple of weeks. We've had our ups and downs with tantrums, melt downs, messes, and mistakes but the good out weighs the bad every time. We have a pretty good life. Too good. Parker has been challenging me in regards to his picky eating and feeling entitled. He's a very good boy but just like all of us, he fails to recognize the tremendous ways he is blessed and how watched over and protected he is living where we do. The other night I blew up at him because he wasn't eating what I prepared. It's been close to 10 years of dealing with his belligerence when it comes to meal time. Then I spiraled out of control and wondered if there was any hope of raising a good, righteous, spiritual human being in this world and with the struggles I face as his mother. But when Tanner finally came home and went into Parker's room to talk to him (I banished him there) Parker came out with a colored picture and a note on the back saying he'd try harder to not be so picky and that he was sorry. So, maybe I'm not doing as bad as I thought. Maybe I'm just tired! Poor Parker. He has had to deal with an overly emotional mother the majority of his life. Let's hope and pray he isn't scarred forever.
Ray has turned into a three-nager. She is bossy and sassy. She'll demand things of me: "Dance Mommy! Sit down Mommy! Milk Mommy!" All said in a very stern tone. Of course, she's also very polite and is very good about saying please and thank you. But man. She is a challenge sometimes. She makes messes every where she goes. Twice this week she's sneaked into Jack's room before I've woken up and thrown every last item out of his dresser. When we go to the park she wants to run as far away as she can, play in the bushes, or sit in the baseball diamond and try to bury herself with "sand", (dirt) She hits and bites her brothers on occasion and still refuses to nap. And the best part is that she's been waking up BEFORE the sun which renders her completely exhausted by lunch time. And yet, she still wont surrender to her bed. Then I feel like a failure once again when I lock her in her high chair and leave her alone with TV and a snack as I hide for an hour. (Like I'm currently doing) She loves school now, though, and will go skipping in happily and wave good bye. When I took Rayleigh and Jack to Disneyland earlier this week she refused to sit in her stroller and when I HAD to have her sit there (we were in a line and she kept running off) she screamed bloody murder and everyone gave me side ways glances. That made me feel really awesome. She calmed right down but good golly. It's a lot for a person to handle. THIS IS MY LIFE! That's what I tell Tanner. "This is not sustainable! People cannot live their entire lives bending to the whims of toddlers! They will crack! They will go insane!" He just pats my head and says,
"You just need to relax. JUST CHILL." Which in turn  makes my head pop off my shoulders and roll down the street...
Jack is always happy. Like, always. He sits in his stroller, he's always happy to see me, he eats what I make for him, and he gives me hugs and kisses all day. Yes, he has his moments when he throws himself on the floor in a rage of hysteria. But those moments are few and far between and it's nothing a little tummy tickle doesn't fix. He's SO good natured and sweet. I sure hope I don't screw him up too. He's talking more and more each day. He says thank you when ever I hand him anything. He LOVES to read and of course he's a dancing machine. He's happy and handsome and I want 10 more babies just like him!!!!!!
But, onto our week. Church is always good while it lasts. The babies can never make it through all 3 meetings. Tanner has to be there early so I'm usually the one to get up and get everyone ready/make dinner. Tanner and I decided to switch off weeks of who sits in the chapel with Parker while the other one contains the chaos in the nursery. I love being in the nursery with the babies and other kids. But then sometimes I feel myself getting spiritually low on fuel. It's a balancing act for sure. The other day on the way to church Parker snapped a picture of the babies trying to hold hands. And then of course we had to try and take a few pictures of Rayleigh next to the beautiful hibiscus that matched her dress. We have our priorities in order....







On Monday, Tanner played in a gold tournament in Temecula all day. They gave him $300 to spend on wholesale Addias brand apparel and sports equipment. Then they provided a decadent dinner.  On Tuesday, Liz and Jeremy invited us to spend the evening at Disneyland with them. We got a sitter for Ray and Jack and brought Parker. We've been trying to get together with them for so long! It was fun to spend the night there with them. The boys took the big kids on a bunch of rides while Liz and I stayed with the baby. She's 30 weeks pregnant and can't do too much so it was fun to walk around and talk. She's so fun to hang out with! We could have talked all night! On Wednesday, Tanner went to Bel Aire for a work basketball "thing". They went to some mansion and played basketball with "AC" someone who used to play for the Lakers for like 17 years. Tanner had a blast. They went out to dinner at a fancy place that night. Meanwhile, I took Parker to scouts and then drove through Wendy's because I had to take him to soccer too. Soccer is from 6:30-7:30 which is perfect for Tanner when Tanner can take him. But when I have to take him it's a total night mare because the babies are so tired, run 2 different directions, and anytime I try to grab one or have any control of the situation they rebel by screaming and thrashing on the ground. Which makes me feel super cool with 10,000 soccer moms watching me. But so glad TANNER COULD HAVE SO MUCH FUN, RIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!? On Thursday, Tanner took his team to Sky something-or-other for some indoor skydiving (which he's obsessed with now) and to Benihanna for dinner. I think Jack saw Tanner for a total of 5 minutes the entire week. I was depleted and running on fumes. BUT TANNER WAS FEELING GREAT! All sarcasm aside, I am really so proud of Tanner. I'd much rather him experience all of these wonderful adventures for work and be challenged and happy and rewarded, then to hate his job and not feel appreciated. I really did enjoy hearing about his day each night when he would finally be home. I'm just jealous. And I missed him! But he's a rock star and the most amazing provider. And I love him so much.





On Thursday night, Angel and Luis came! We always love when they come to visit! Luis makes sure we are always eating yummy food, Angel is so sweet and the kids love playing together. We do the kind of things we always want to do "if only Angeluis were here!" Like set up a projector outside and watch TV or a movie, eat 10 gallons of Thrifty IceCream, swim all day the NewPort Back Bay, or play games. On Friday night I took Angel out to dinner for her birthday. We went to Claim Jumper and ate our weight in deliciousness and then walked around the outdoor mall for a while. It was so nice having that one on one time to just relax and talk. We both needed some girl time! When we got back the kids were all asleep and the boys were outside watch the BYU football games so we sat inside and talked some more! On Saturday we packed everyone up and spent the day at the Back Bay. Parker had a blast with the paddle board and even ran into some friends! We got lunch from some great food trucks and ended the afternoon at the pool. On Sunday we all went to church together and ate all day. We do a lot of eating. The hot tun finally got fixed and so when the sun went down the boys projected a movie onto the shade and sat in the hot tub while they watched it! I went to bed early because the next day Tanner and I went on a Hot Air Balloon ride! It was so cool! We had to wake up so early but it was wort it! It felt like flying on a cloud! So awesome! We celebrated our flight with a toast when we were back on land and then had a super yummy breakfast at the Bomb Shelter. Thank goodness Angeluis are such great friends and didn't mind watching our kids in the morning. It was sad to say goodbye to them on Monday but hopefully they will be back soon!
That afternoon we went to a friend's house for a BBQ and swimming. I absolutely love playing with my kids in the pool!!!!! Its definitely our happy place. When we came home, we all sat in the hot tub, had dinner AS A FAMILY, and everyone went to bed early. Whew.











































Disneyland is so fun. I'm ready for Parker to be out of school so we can go all together! Ray walked the entire time we were there. I was impressed! And I got THE biggest workout chasing her around. I rewarded myself with Sees chocolates when we got home.














After Disneyland it was home for naps and then off to pick up Parker from chess club. He had an hour to sit down and do homework (which he is always so good to so right when he gets home without me even having to ask) and change for scouts. Scouts was at the park so I invited everyone to play and hang out. It was fun! Ray loves her little buddies from church- especially Mia. And then it was a quick run home for dinner (which Parker refused to eat) and change for soccer. Thankfully, Tanner was home in time to take him. It would be nice if Tanner was EVER home for dinner.... But whatever. #goals I was supposed to go to Liz's baby shower but Tanner was asked to give someone a priesthood blessing. He took Parker with him and I was able to get the babies to bed and have a little quiet time just for me. He also returned from clothes that didn't fit Parker and ran to Target for me. Tanner may not notice the help I need cooking. cleaning, and discipline the kids, but he picks up the load in other ways and I really appreciate it, more than he knows. (I should probably tell him...)



I want life to slow down but on the other hand I want it to speed up. I want the babies to be older and easier but I also want them to stay babies. Ughhhh, my heart is so conflicted!!!!! That's why it's important to look for the good in each and every day. And also document the bad so you can laugh about it later....

Comments