My Life is a Circus


Welcome to Crazy Town! We are a bunch of lunatics around here but we sure do love each other and know how to have a good time. I took the babies to Disney the other day but all they wanted to do was run around- we should have just gone to the park with Courtney. Oh well. We made the most of it and I took them to Toontown to run around and play!



























I've been trying to win tickets to the KOST Holiday Party at CA Adventure as well. I invited Jill to go to a raffle with me in Rancho Cucamonga but she didn't think they would be in town for the party. So instead she offered to watch Rayleigh and Parker so it would be easier on me with just Jack! She's the best! I didn't win tickets- I was ONE number off!!!! But I DID get a free flu shot and a $25 Albertson's gift card! ha ha I called the radio station on my way home and GOT THROUGH but I was not caller 20.... grrrrr!!!!!


Friday night I begged Tanner to come home early and go to Disneyland with us. We've been missing him so much and it's always so much more fun when we are there together. Tanner does NOT like Disneyland but he's a good sport about it. We figured out how to get front of the line passes which made it much more bareable for him. We finally took the kids on Peter Pan! Yay! And Ray got to ride the Rockets which is her second favorite ride (next to Tea Cups). We had a blast!!!






While we were riding the Tea Cups the parade came by! Talk about perfect timing! The kids were thrilled!! Woo hoo! Disneyland is so magical.









Saturday we were able to go out to dinner and then to Stake Conference which was wonderful. We went to dessert with friends afterwards. I love our awesome ward and friends! The next day at Stake Conference I just brought Parker while Tanner stayed home with napping Ray and Jack- it was so nice to just sit back and soak up all the messages. We had the temple presidents and wives of the Redlands and San Diego temples (The president of the SD temple is out Stake President's father) And the mission president and his wife. And Elder Zwick and his wife (who is our Stake President's Aunt and Uncle).
On Sunday afternoon we took the kids for a little bike ride to the park to get their energy out. They absolutely love doing this. And I love that they love it.











I had to pull Parker out of school early on Monday for an orthodontist appointment, Luckily it only took a minute. These 2 rascals make everything a little complicated. Ray is wearing her Christmas Pajamas because on our way to Disneyland that morning she threw up in the car. We'd been stuck in traffic for about a half an hour and she had been continually whining. I thought the sun was in her eyes so after turning on a movie and trying a half dozen other tricks to try and make her comfortable she finally just threw up. I had to pull over on the side of the 91 (right before we were to enter the Express Lanes, thank goodness. We would have been stuck!). I didn't know how I was going to pull back on to the busy free way and cross 5 lanes of traffic to try and exit and turn around. I thought about calling the CHP but I pulled up my big girl pants and just muscled my way across. We made it home and she went right to sleep. I spend the rest of the morning soaking up urine and puke from her car seat and the surrounding areas in my car..... gross.


We went to the Habit afterwards for ice cream. I remember my mom frequently taking me to frozen yogurt after my braces appointments because my teeth would hurt so bad. The kids clearly loved this outing and Ray was so proud of her own big ice cream cone. I was trying to control my OCD as the sticky, wet melted ice cream was dripping down her hands. As you can see she is feeling much better. I think she was just car sick earlier.




That night I took Parker to CA Adventure because 2 of my college roommates (Liz and Lonneka- whom I hadn't seen since her wedding day about a decade ago) were there visiting and I wanted to say hello! Before we met up with them we checked out the Animation Academy and played in the Sorcerers Workshop and watched Turtle Talk with Crush. Both attractions we hadn't seen before so that was fun! We also did single rider at Radiator Spring Racers and Goofy's SkySchool- both super fun rides! And we didn't have to wait too long for either one! Disney is all decorated for Christmas which is a little early and bizarre but so beautiful and fun!
 





I had to send this to Kassidy- this was her favorite chocolate when she was here and they were handing it out at Ghiradelli Square. 
It was so amazing seeing Lonneka again! I just love her so much! And Liz is my favorite. I love how 10 years can go by and we can just pick up where we left off, laugh and cry, and squeeze each other tight knowing that our bond is unbreakable and eternal. 

Parker was a stud and just played with Lego's at the Lego Store while we chatted away.

Believe it or not, the next day I was pooped. I just wanted to sit there. The kids were really good and Rayleigh gave me a nice long "check up" and put "band aids" all over my head. Tanner miraculously came home early and made dinner while I sat and did nothing. He's the best!!!! 


It's a good thing I got some rest because the next day was brutal. Sorry, no pictures. I'll spare you that horror. But here is an email I sent Tanner:
The physical, emotional, and mental strength to perform at optimal levels as a "stay at home Mom" is astounding. I'm surprised I've survived this long.
This morning I was awoken at 5:18am by a 3 year old begging for milk. So I quietly got out of my nice warm bed, tip toed down the stairs in the pitch darkness, was blinded by the brilliant light of the fridge as I obtained said milk, then tucked her into a far away room and crept back up the stairs careful not to disturb any other slumbering humans. I locked the door to insure another 30+ minutes of sleep. (Wishful thinking)
At 5:36 I was once again stirred to conscienceless as I befittingly assumed I was being burglarized. Oh no, that's just my husband. He was "sitting in the hot tub. Duh. I'm going golfing today. Duh!" Boom clang crash.... "shower, water, fan, belt, keys"
I lay there wondering when I would ever get more than 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep ever again for the rest of all time until the end of my days!!!! (To be fair, you were very quiet and slipped out ALMOST imperceptibly. )
6:18 Parker bursts into the room and announced, "I have to be to school BY 7:45!!!!!!!"
As puffs of steam escape my eyes, nose, and ears and with all the sleep deprived anxiety of a lunatic I whisper screamed, "THAT'S NOT FOR ANOTHER HOUR AND A HALF! GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE AND LET ME SLEEP." 3 nano seconds later I heard Rayleigh screaming in the hallway and in a supreme act of desperation I leapt out of bed and threw her downstairs and commanded them both to BE QUIET OR SO HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
By 6:30 I succumbed to the harsh reality that I wasn't getting another ounce of sleep for the next 17 hours. So I secretly did some yoga. 31 minutes later there was incessant knocking at the door and the time had finally come- my day was about to officially begin.
Jack was awake but I decided to take a quick shower. Ray was with me so I let her play in the tub while I got ready. As I was doing her hair, to my utter and complete horror I witnessed tiny, minuscule bugs crawling around her scalp. This could only mean 1 thing: Lice. As I was standing there butt naked, Jack came running through the room. Parker took it upon himself to get Jack out of his crib only now I was dripping wet and jack was wanting his milk and need a diaper change RIGHT NOW! (Scream scream cry cry)
I quickly assessed my situation and began to act.
I threw on clothes, dressed Rayleigh, changed Jack, yelled at Parker to CHANGE YOUR PANTS TIE YOU SHOES GET YOUR LUNCH AND GET IN THE CAR!!!!!! I buckled everyone and shoved milk in their faces and dropped Parker off at school at 7:45. He wasn't sure if the busses had left yet so I called the office to make sure. He made it on time. Bye Felicia!!!!!!
I drove to Walgreens which wasn't open. I waited 5 excruciating minutes and was certain I was covered in creepy crawly bugs as I entered the store. It reeked of poop and butt stank. Thank you Walgreens. I couldn't find the lice treatment so I had to shamefully ask an employee. "Hi. I need lice stuff. My daughter here has lice" (as both toddlers are running wild and unchecked in the stinky store) After $46 spent on disgusting ingredients I was heading to the door. Jack was running into the parking lot and Ray was attempting to shop lift a balloon. (It was 1/2 out of air but the cashier said she couldn't "just have it".) eye roll. Bye Felicia!    Cue 2 simultaneous nuclear meltdowns as I use strength beyond my own to hoist the little monsters into the car. At this point I'm wondering how my head is still screwed onto my body.
As we pull into the drive way, I make a mental check list of all the back breaking tasks I need to accomplish at lightening speed. Humans must be ejected from the vehicle, sheets and towels must be stripped from their resting places, hot wash must be started, breakfast must be prepared, served, and eaten, dishes must be done, floors must be mopped, and kitchens/bathrooms disinfected. I sat jack in his high chair and began the tedious nightmare of washing Rayleigh's hair. My back is about to shatter as I lean over the tub and scrub the bugs out of her scalp. She is screaming in pain because the soap is getting in her eyes. She's writhing and kicking and I'm gritting my teeth. Part of me wants to cry because my poor baby is suffering. Part of me wants to cry because I am suffering!!! The shampoo must sit for 10 minutes so I take this opportunity to wash my own hair. Heaven help me if I too get lice. It might be best to have the insane asylum on speed dial.

After we are both properly and perfectly washed I begin the laborious and vapid process of using a fine toothed comb to pluck out each individual lice bug and accompanying eggs. Such fun! What a delight! Imagine me, back bent over a tub, knees pressed firmly into the cold tile as I dig deep for infinitesimal bugs. What joy! Ray is not a fan of this treatment but is handling it. Jack is alone downstairs and I pray he is alive. After 35 minutes of lice hunting we are ready to get dressed (again) and go downstairs. There awaits a mess of epic proportions. What looks like tiny bite sized portions of chewed up food have been spewed in all directions, train tracks litter the floor, the dishes are stacked high in the sink and there's a lingering stench of lice spray. (I forgot to mention that I diligently sprayed every bed and couch to kill any remaining bugs) Thus, the cleaning commences. Ray begs for "pizza" so I make her a quesadilla which she vehemently refuses to eat. Kids are the worst. After the house is clean and the kids are done eating, I get them down and begin the task of putting beds back together. I can hear laughter, then screaming, then crying as I muscle the sheets on their ridiculously difficult beds. Then, "bad" crying.
I leap downstairs in a single bound to discover blood all over the carpet and Jack's face covered in battle wounds. Ray is hiding but I find her and give her a gigantic slap on the butt. At this point we are all crying and I'm wondering if it's even possible to survive this day. It's not even noon. I've not had a single bite to eat and I am overwhelmed.

If you had walked into work with a list of tasks to accomplish that read line for line these items to tackle would you have gone into work today? I'm on my lunch break. The babies are in bed. I'm writing you this email as the door bell rings. And rings. And rings. I try to ignore it but I finally relent and it's Don.
I'm tired. I need food. I need a massage. I need a vacation!
Today has been tough but I don't have to relive this nightmare every day. I have the ability to turn the page on today.
But please, have mercy on me. Good golly.

Thankfully, that night I was able to escape to a LuLaRoe party with my friends and enjoy a little retail therapy! The next day was Veteran's Day and the kids were out of school so Courtney invited Jill and me to La La Barn to let the kids play! It was so fun! When the babies got tired Jill offered to take Parker home with her to play. Woo hoo! I scored 3 full hours of free time! When I went to pick up Parker, my plan was to go back to La La Barn and use up our ticket for the rest of the day. So I took her 2 older kids with me and SHE got a little break! I just love when we can all work together as moms to help each other out! And I'm so glad that all the kids get along and are good to each other.











That night we both got sitters and went on a double date to Cheesecake Factory. Tanner went early to get us a table and when we arrived he had 2 gifts for Jill and me. He thoughtfully picked out a yummy candle from Anthro and some mascara from Bare Minerals for each of us! How sweet is he! Dinner was so fun and we had a lot of laughs. We walked around Victoria Gardens and picked up some Sees Chocolates and enjoyed all of the festive Christmas decorations. They even had snow falling in the courtyard!

The next morning I awoke to my sweet, precious daughter and this glorious sunrise! I love fall/winter skies. By the time I was all ready to go to my CME Conference at HOAG all the kids were awake (6:45am) so poor Tanner didn't get to relax or sleep in at all. I left him with the kids all day and I think they did fine. At least they all stayed alive. Parker missed his soccer game because it was right at noon which is when the babies are napping. I tried to help him figure out a way to go but in the end they just had to miss it.
I had an amazing Ultrasound Conference! When I arrived at HOAG and stepped into the elevator I noticed a very familiar face! My friend Nicole, who I haven't seen since high school! She went to Aliso but we got to know each other at girls camp and always had fun meeting up at Stake Dances and other church activities! She is a tech living in San Diego! Small world! I was so excited to see her and share the day with her. She hasn't changed a bit and was so smart and sweet. It made the conference that much more enjoyable. I know not everyone would be as enthusiastic about 8 hours of lectures on sonography  but I was captivated. The 3 guest speakers were phenomenal. True experts in the field and very impressive. It was fascinating hearing them speak and the case studies were incredible! They served us breakfast and lunch and there were vendors from 3 different companies there to show off the latest and greatest in scanning machines and probes. I wished I was pregnant to get a sneak peek at the baby! It was a long day but it flew by. I loved every single second.



I had to sneak out a little early so that I could accompany Tanner to a work event in LA. I picked up Audrey on my way home and had 5 minutes to freshen up before we were in the car driving. So many police car passed us on the freeway! Apparently there are violent protests happening all over the country, especially in major cities, against our new President Elect, Donald Trump. Now, more than ever, I am trying to create a refuge in our home where we can rest our weary heads and find solace from the storms which are raging outside. Parker has been making comments recent regarding the election that have surprised me. He picked up opinions, often skewed and callus, and I don't want him making blatant statements about any of our political or religious leaders that would show lack of respect. It is my belief that each candidate only wanted what was best for our country. They want to make it better. And what do we want? We want to see improvements as well. Rioting in the streets is certainly not benefiting anyone. I had a friend recently say that it's not enough to just "be a good neighbor". Now more than ever we need to act, share our beliefs with love, and reverse injustices when we see them happening around us. 
But I digress, yes it was hectic trying to get past the brigade of armed officers as we attempted to access the on ramp to the free way on the way home. But we made it home safely. And how grateful I am that we have a nice, safe home, in a diverse and excellent community!
We valeted the car and stepped foot in to the impressive US Bank building and were escorted to the 71st floor where our fancy restaurant was located. I felt WAYYYYY out of my league as I stepped into the sleek and elegant room but the view was breathtaking! We had the most decadent and unique meal (which cost Tanner's office over $750) We were there with his marketer and 2 case managers who were very sweet. I was exhausted so I was not my  best self but I hope I presented myself in a respectable way. 















After dinner we ubered to the Staples Center for a fun Cirque Du Soliel show! We were late so it was hard to pick up on the story line. This show was more theatrical and less aerobatic than other Cirque shows we have seen. I was fading hard. I had been sitting in uncomfortable chairs all day. I hadn't taken my boots off since 6:45am. I wanted to lay down. The show finally ended and we ubered back to our car and drove home. Boy, was I glad to go to bed!


This week was nuts. But these memories are priceless. I'm so thankful for Tanner. He works so hard to provide this amazing life for us. I'm thankful for Audrey who makes possible most of these experiences we share as husband and wife. I'm thankful for 3 healthy, strong children and a safe, comfortable home filled with warmth and clothes and food. I am optimistic about the future and I hope the world finds a way to settle down. In the meantime, I am thankful that Tanner led a beautiful devotional for our family this morning which turned our thoughts to Christ and all the blessings we receive from Him.
Let's just pray that no one ever gets lice again!!!!!


***One story I failed to recall. Our sweet Stake President Jeremy Jergensen and his wife Liz had their baby via C section at HOAG earlier this week! (Remember many months ago at Youth Conference in Big Bear how she had a scare and I was miraculously there and available to read her scans and accurately diagnosis the source of her troubling bleeding?) Anyhoo, I texted Bishop Braithwaite (the President and CEO of HOAG Hospital) to let him know that my Stake President was there and how much we all love and admire HOAG. Well, Bishop took it a step further and made a personal VIP visit to the Jergensen's and even brought a gift! Liz sent me a text saying how thoughtful the gesture was and how touched she was! And of course I sent a text to Bishop explaining how near and dear to my heart he is and how he continues to set the supreme example of Christ-Like love. Jeremy sent me a text a few days later relating the sweet experience. And after our special "Sisters only" meeting with the Stake Presidency I gave Jeremy a hug and told him congrats on the baby and he said, "Well, thank you for your special visitor." And I said, "I just love that man and that family so much." and he said with wide eyes and a big smile, "Well he sure LOVES YOU!" Made me beam! How blessed I am to stand with the true and faithful and the most honorable chosen of God! I sent Jeremy a text telling him thank you for an inspiring "sisters only" meeting. And he was grateful for my kind and thoughtful message. I am bringing them dinner next Monday and I can't wait to see their beautiful new baby boy! Babies bring the love into the world. We need more babies! :-)

Comments