Fun Times!

We've had a fun week with numerous little outings and dates! I love unique date nights with Tanner! And getting out and about with friends is always a good time!

I finally looked through this cookbook I created in Foods class during 8th grade. It brought back so  many memories! 






Tanner was gone working late every single night this week and then I swooped him away for 2 consecutive date nights. On Thursday night we drove down to San Clemente to watch a film documentary called Under an Arctic Sky which was created by an LDS photographer named Chris Burkard. It was a fascinating film which chronicles his journey to Iceland to surf uncharted waters. He and his team end up catching the perfect waves under the norther lights and it's incredible to see! We were also treated to a decadent crepe dinner and an interesting Q&A after the movie ended. This guy is the real deal and super inspirational! We grabbed some late night tacos from Pedro's on our way home. What a wonderful night!



I tried to keep the kids active and outside all day on Friday. It was no easy task. I set up painting and play dough both of which took only a few minutes of their attention and provided many more minutes of clean up for Mommy. But they were happy. Of course they swam and did other activities too...




A picnic on the floor is always fun and messy! Why do I do this to myself?

Friday was Cinco de Mayo and Tanner's buildings had a big old fiesta. He shaved his face to look like a gaucho or something. It was ridiculous and he did not shave it off before our spiritual and uplifting date to watch the MCO perform at the Segerstrom that night. We even ran into his boss! Aye!!!

We went to La Havana with my parents for a fun Cuban dinner before the performance!

As fate would have it, I ran into Angel's Aunt Melissa on our way into the show and then sat RIGHT next to her when we walked inside! It made me feel like the Lord is aware of Angel and her eternal welfare and as her friends/family who strive to live close to the spirit, it is our Christian duty to show her we love her!!! I so hope and pray Luis gets a job down here so she can be near me and we can take care of each other.



The music was fantastic. I've been wanting to fill my life with more uplifting content. Less social media, less radio, more positive books and heart rendering song. I downloaded a Deseret Book app which allows me to listen to books, conference talks, and other audio recordings right from my phone. I plug in my ear buds and go about my day while listening to content that inspires, if not pleasantly entertains. The music of the Millennial Choir is so beautiful and really touched my heart. I'm glad I could share this night with Tanner and also have a nice double date with my parents!


Saturday was the annual Chino Air Show! I'd asked Cami about a month ago if she wanted to come here with Jessi while the boys were all at the show but she said they weren't going to be able to make it. Well, that morning she texted me and said they were ALL going together as a family! ha ha Oh well. Parker and Tanner met up with them and then, as luck would have it, they ran into Joe and Tavian too! Tanner hadn't seen Joey in YEARS. It was good to reconnect and the boys had a blast. I took the babies down to my Mom's house and met her at McDonald's with Jon's kids. Laura had surgery earlier this week and it's been really tough on Jon taking care of everyone so he asked my mom if she could take the kids for a few hours. We played and ate at McDonald's then went to the park. Jon's kids are so sweet and so nurturing. I love how they wrap my little ones under their wings. There's such a special bond between cousins. They RARELY fight and they always are soooo incredibly happy to see each other. There's something so rewarding about seeing your children blossom in their relationships with others.









Their faces when they saw Nanny for the first time!

Kimmie is the best!!!


Kaela and Jack--- all the warm fuzzies.





When we all got home later that afternoon, we BBQed some burgers and corn on the cob and sat in the hot tub. It had rained on and off all day and by evening we beheld a beautiful rainbow and a brilliant sunset!

Jack kinda likes his Daddy. Sunday was cold and rainy and we even had some thunder and lightening! Jack cuddled with  me too and felt the baby kick! What a neat experience!

On Monday, I got my hair done (it's like a semi annual affair) and Audrey babysat. When I got home, the house was all picked up and Jack was napping. The pool heater had been turned on accidentally sometime the night before so the pool was 100 degrees! We just HAD to get in! Audrey said instead of paying her, could she just stay and swim? Oh of course! I paid her AND she stayed and swam with the kids. It was so nice having her around in the afternoon! She's the best!

On Tuesday, Courtney and I took our kids to Baby Beach in Dana Point. We were worried that it might be too chilly but it was actually the perfect temperature! We had the beach to ourselves until a few other moms showed up. But to our surprise it was our friend Dawn from the ward! ha ha Small world. The friendly boat rental guy offered us some free boogie boards and even some paddle boards for us to play around with! All of this would have cost us about $100 so we felt super special! Courtney was brave and took the kids around the little bay. I even had a try! It was so fun!!! We had a great time. Nothing like the beach to stir your soul. I'm looking forward to a lot more beach days!


Of course the first thing Rayleigh did was run all the way down the beach and then climb all over these rocks......



















Sometimes I get so anxious to see the world. To be free to travel and see new places and go on adventures. But the truth is, I have everything I need right here. I just need to take advantage of it and appreciate my own back yard. I am so thankful for Tanner for providing this wonderful life for me- My children, my home, my everything!!!






Comments