Twilight Zone Trip to Idaho


The week between Christmas and New Years is like the twilight zone. No one knows what day it is or even what time it is! I’d been thinking it would be fun to go to Idaho and finally convinced Tanner to come too! The day after Christmas I worked hard to get all of my CME’s done and clean the house. Friday, I went shopping and to lunch with Courtney! It was sooo fun! I got 4 new pairs of shoes, a new pair of jeans and a soft sweater, new makeup and wrinkle cream, and had the best time with my bestie!!! It was seriously such a good day and fun to use my gift cards from Tanner. When I got home, it was GO time. I got gas and packed up our snow clothes and snacks. The next morning, we woke up at 6 and were out the door by 6:45am. We had to take a detour to Tanners work which was unfortunate. But we made good time, arrived to Kim and Monte’s house at 10pm, and the kids were fantastic in the car! It was truly and enjoyable drive!
The next day was Sunday. We went to church and I was able to listen to Monte’s SS lesson which was awesome- all about Come Follow Me. We gathered at the church in the afternoon to have a big family dinner. Everyone was there besides Bridger and the food was amazing. The kids ran around and played and it was a great dinner catching up and seeing each other. 
On Monday Tanner met Jody at Pebble Creek Ski Resort and took Parker, Rayleigh, and Jack skiing! They were SO excited! Tyler, Jody’s amazing son, offered to help Rayleigh and Jack up and down the bunny hill. His heart is the size of a streamliner! What a sweet young man! He brought a friend and they each took Ray and Jack skiing all day. Jack was sooo sad when it was over! Parker made it down the hill once and was over it. Ha ha Jody was able to take Parker back to her house to play with the rest of her boys and there’s no denying she made this day the best ever for my little family! Kim and Monte had to work so I got an entire day to myself (with sweet little Ella). It was glorious! She took a huge long nap and I sat near the window and read a book. Ahhh, just what I needed! 
When everyone got home that evening we had chicken and rice for dinner and then Tanner and I met up with Aaron and Vanae at Rupes for shakes, Dole whips, and tater tots with fry sauce! Yum! It was fun seeing friends- I just wish we could have seen more! 
On the morning of New Year’s Eve, Nicole picked me up and we went to Kaitlin’s HIGH fitness class. It was sooo great. I felt so good! After that, we took a yoga stretch class that seriously felt like getting a massage. It was so fun being there my sisters in law. They are so fun and a good to me. After that, and after I was able to freshen up, we went to Travis and Nicole’s house. The kids played while we ate snacks and chatted. We played a little game and before we knew it, it was time for our date night! 
We left the kids and did an Escape Room in Pocatello. On the way there, we realized we didn't leave a phone with Parker so we sent a neighbor over to check on them. Well, as it turned out, Ella almost burned the house down by putting a pillow up against the stove. It ended up not catching fire and just smoking and melting which was a miracle. I’m so glad my children stayed safe. Sheesh! The escape room was super fun, though, and it was interesting seeing Tanner’s family all work together to problem solve. After the Escape Room, we went to Cafe Rio for dinner and then home to bed! We are party poopers and didn’t stay up until midnight. Ohhh well. The best thing about going on vacation is how Ella sleeps next to me. It is the sweetest thing and I love it so much!
We said goodbye and drove all the way home the next day, New Years Day 2020! We were in a snowstorm until we hit Utah so the drive was a little slow but we did fine and the kids were great. We got home around 10pm and everyone just went to bed. Whew! It was a fast, fun trip and I’m glad we were able to ring in the new year with the Peterson Clan!

We tried to collect pomegranates from our friend's house so being to Nicole but we had  no luck. AND, we accidentally let the dog out and had to chase him down the block!































Jack Chocula


Rayleigh and Tyler. He said she kept asking to take a selfie!






My precious

8 hours of blissful ME time!

Snuggle time! Rayleigh couldn't get enough of Monte's back scratches


This girl was PASSED OUT at 6:30. A day of skiing totally did her in! She didn't even wake up for dinner. She just slept all night!




Playing with Daddy while I was working out
















Easiest drive ever!!!


Comments