Happy New Year! 2021

I was devastated 2 days before the kids were supposed to return to school in person to learn that they were NOT. Back to distance learning they went and I was sad. It took me about a day to adjust. Luckily, Tanner came with me to take the kids to the trampoline place and we had a nice Saturday. I've been helping take care of Malory's dogs while she's out of town so Ella comes with me and  we spend a little time at the park. I love special time together.
On Sunday, the missionaries came over which always makes us happy and they asked Tanner and I to prepare a special musical number. We spent the whole afternoon finding a song (There is Peace in Christ) and practicing. At one point, Ella was laying down on the couch near us and just fell asleep. It was the sweetest thing.

Monday was back to reality. It was a VERY nice 6 weeks off of school. But I made a goal to get up every day at 6:30, go to the gym and work out a little harder, and have a personal devotional. Parker came with me and we did it all 5 days! Then I’d come home, help the kids with their school work/take Ella to school and work on chores. I wanted to make an effort to take them to the park or have more play dates in the afternoon so we did a park day with friends on Monday. Then, I make dinner at 5, we eat at the table and then clean up. Then we take baths and get ready for bed and I read to them around 7 for a half an hour or so. I’m proud of myself for sticking to this routine every day!

Wednesday was horrific. We had to go get COVID tested for Hawaii. We had to make sure our appointment was made 3 days in advance (no more, no less) and that we got tested within 72 hours of our flight departure. When we got to Walgreens to be tested, they told us that the results would take about 5 days. I cannot begin to describe to you the amount of stress getting to Hawaii. 10/10 would NOT recommend going to Hawaii during a pandemic. Once we are there I’m sure it will all be worth it. But I had a good cry and Erika came over to give me a hug and I was an all around wreck. It was awful.
I wasn’t even sure if we’d make it. Tanner was level 10 stressed about work, we weren’t sure if our tests would come back negative let alone on time, so I felt kinda dumb packing and it was hard to get excited.
Tanner got the COVID vaccine though so that’s awesome! Our tests came back negative early Friday morning and I was STOKED. We spent the day getting ready and waiting for Tanner to come home from work and then we hit the road to San Diego!
Hawaii here we come!!!










School pictures


Horrific time getting tested for covid

Tanner got the covid vaccine!!!!!!!!

We are all going a little crazy!

My letter to Santa when I was 4.


Comments