Snow Day
The kids didn't have school and snow was in the forecast for the weekend so I decided, if we wanted to try and play in the snow, our best bet was to go first thing on Friday morning and not wait until the rest of SoCal tried to drive up to the mountains on Saturday. It was raining and by the time we drove up to the snow line (my goal was to get to Snowline Orchard in Oak Glen) it began to snow BUT, the roads were closed! I had no idea the roads would be closed and I was so disappointed! We pulled over to a side neighborhood and just played in the snow there for a few minutes. The kids were soooo happy and it was all worth it to see them smile and hear their laughter. Success! When we pulled back on the road, it was open so we headed up to where we could safely play. We grabbed the boogie boards and started to slide and play when a newscaster with NBC came up and asked if he could do a mini story on us. Sure! He filmed the kids playing and asked them a couple of questions and then interviewed me! I totally lied and just told him what he wanted to hear... basically. He asked me why we decided to drive up there even though there were mudslide warnings. I said, "My husband works about 10 minutes from here and told me it was snowing and to get the kids up there quickly and then head home." Nope. Never talked to Tanner. And quite frankly, I knew nothing about the mudslides.
But that night we were on the news about 3 times. We don't have cable so my parents recorded it for us! So famous! My big regret was not telling them my name was Chandra Bullock- they would have freaked out at that! ha ha We had a good time and it was nice to play in the snow, even if it's just this one time this winter. Utah and Idaho have been pretty dry this year. I love my little adventure crew!! We stopped for In n Out on the way home and I don't think anything ever tasted so good! Yum! Winter in SoCal!
Calling his best friend, Nanny, to tell her about the news crew!
Cute note I found in the car from Reed.




















Comments