January Roundup

SO. MUCH. FUN! 
Parker went on a snow adventure to Big Bear with the LH ward. They stayed the night at Camp Hinkley and played games and went sledding. He had a blast! I heard about it from Angel because they asked Luis to do the food (Parker helped him). I shamelessly asked the Bishop if Parker could join and he said yes! When they got back, Parker spent the night at my moms. So we picked him up on Sunday and brought Chicken n Rice for dinner. Of course my mom set a beautiful table and we had a lovely Sunday afternoon. We ZOOMED their church service and we’re amazed to hear that the Bishop drove down the mountain from Big Bear with no lug nuts on his tire!! They broke down near us on the 91 and the tow truck driver said it was a miracle nothing horrific happened because they were driving under very dangerous circumstances! Sheesh! We partook of the sacrament together and it was a really special experience.

We met up with Angel at Adventure Playground which was so fun BUT, they all ended up with covid again! They had it 5 months ago when her dad passed away and got it again which is just so sad. I was worried about Parker who had spent so much time with Luis and kept a close eye on all my kids after spending time with them- but we were all good. Poor Angel, though. Thankful for the vaccine!!!!
After we were done at the park we grabbed some Wahoos and ate in the car. Jack was having a melt down about something so we tried to have a very calm car ride. He was much better after he ate. We took nice warm baths and showers and then Tanner made them all laugh while he showed them funny videos on his phone. The picture I took of them on the bed with him looks like a modern day renaissance picture.

We read LOTS of chapter books and it is my all time favorite thing reading to them before bed. It’s always been such a source of mom guilt- not reading to them enough. But we’ve finally found our groove and I’m so happy. Ella always falls asleep on me and I love it. Tanner works out Monday, Wednesday, Friday and when he comes home, he scoops them up off my bed and carries them to bed and it’s just the sweetest.

A few funny things: Jack’s school work and the morning air next to our beautiful piano- but that’s just bacon smoke on Saturday morning. Almost looks like you can smells the crepes and bacon, huh? I love the way the house is coming together. It really is a  sanctuary for us. Ella calls herself a "tobbler" instead of a toddler.

I was finally able to take Rayleigh and Jack in for their Covid shots. Omicron has been hitting EVERYONE and we have been spared (thankfully) so I knew getting vaccinated was no doubt the right choice for us. #teamdoctors #teamscience Anyhoo, I made a deal with them: If they were brave I’d let them each choose a special treat- just for them! I'd been to the dentist the day before and won a $200 gift card so I was happy to splurge a little. Rayleigh and Jack both chose churros. Ella didn’t get the covid shot but she chose a cake pop. And I got a big Mickey cookie for Parker and me to share. We also splurged on dinner and got a giant pretzel in Marvel Land and I got a $5 salad that was literally 3 bites. Ha ha Parker met up with a friend and had so much fun running around with him. And I had a total blast with my littles 3 galavanting around Disneyland. We even were handed 2 free balloons from a sweet kid and it totally made our day! And made me realize that I will NEVER buy a balloon- they were in my way and blowing in my face the entire time! Ugh!
By the end of the night (8pm) Rayleigh was sooo tired. So we walked back to the car and tried to sneak a peek of the fireworks from the roof of the parking garage but they were canceled due to the wind. Bummer. Tanner has been picking up momentum at work and went out with some work people while we were at Disney. Team work!!!!

Daily Rayleigh: I couldn’t get the balloon detached from the stroller because they had blown around so much and were all knotted. 
Rayleigh said, “Don’t worry. I have scissors.”
“Where did you get scissors!?” I asked in total amazement.
“I keep them for emergencies, just in case.” She replied.
Ummmmm, ok. 
She told me the other day she wants to be a doctor when she grows up and I have no doubt she will be. That is the perfect profession for her! She had a tummy ache one night so she cuddled up with us while we waited for it to pass. Of course, we were watching a medical drama, and she was glued! That’s my girl!!!!

On Saturday, we attended Reed’s baptism and then I brought Sophie over to show her around. I have SO much anxiety about going on this cruise but I’m mostly so excited! I’m just a bundle of mixed emotions. But it was so good to be with her. She was so reassuring and let me know how excited she was to watch the kids and told me not to worry- to go and enjoy! She’s the best!!! We had a good cuddle up day after that.

On Sunday, after ZOOM church, we went to Salt Creek to collect shells for Rayleigh’s science project. It was an absolutely gorgeous day- feels like spring! And I love the beach!!!! Tanner was so sweet and attentive and the perfect little beach buddy. Is he evolving?!?!?!? We grabbed tacos from Sanchos (yuuuummm) and little ice cream cones from Handles (double yummmm) for dessert. It was seriously the best day.

This week, I’ve been in full cruise prep mode. Courtney and Jill are in Hawaii and it’s been fun to Marco Polo with them and see them relaxing and enjoying themselves. Gives me hope!
I took Parker and Ella to California Adventure on Tuesday and we worked on Rayleigh’s project. I had book club and read with the kids in my bed. (My favorite).
I LOVE MY KIDS SO MUCH!!! I miss them even when I’m sitting with them! I know this cruise will be amazing and I’m so thankful for Sophie; and my parents for watching Parker. Parker and my parents are gonna have the best week ever together! I’m kinda jealous. But I am going to miss them and I know I’m going to worry about them. I just pray we are all watched over and protected so that we can make lots of happy memories and have a great reunion when we get back.













































































 

Comments