Tis the Season to be Jolly
A few things this week have kept us busy and happy. I got my bloodwork done for my physical and my weight loss journey. I wasn’t too happy to see that my cholesterol is high, my vitamin K is low, and I’m pre diabetic. Tanner’s bloodwork came back normal and I’m glad for that. But 2025 is definitely going to be the year for better health!
On Monday, the kids made card for their grandparents. And since they are GenAlpha, they used Canva to make digital cards. Ray went to band practice at Rondo, and Ella had a little cheer performance for the families. We snuggled up to the move Elf and had a cozy evening.
Tuesday, we met my mom at the Spectrum and watched the new Wicked movie. It was so good and it was so fun to go to the movies! Parker had a fun mutual activity where they made a music video and I had bookclub at my friend Anne’s house.
Wednesday, the kids wanted to have play dates so we invited Sophia over and she was so darling. Jack cried because Alec was never able to come over. He’s such a social kid. He wants to be with friends ALL THE TIME. I had fun going to my mom’s for bookclub. I was brave and went to Trader Joe’s all by myself (I’m such a weenie when it comes to doing stuff by myself). But someone complimented my boots and I got some fun stuff.
Bookclub was sooo fun! We had so much delicious food and a lovely book exchange. My mom’s house was so warm and inviting. The decorations looked so festive and the Christmas spirit was so strong.
Thursday, I took Ray to Rondo for band again and I had a massage at the chiropractor. I took the kids to Irvine Adventure Park for an hour before MCO rehearsals. They asked me to talk to Ray about her behavior because she’s been a little wiggly and disruptive. My sweet Ray. I hate hearing things like that. But hopefully she listens and does a good job during the concerts. We stopped by my parents house for a little dinner and baths before going home. My dad was so sweet and had tears in his eyes when he talked about his morning prayers and gratitude for my help the night before with getting the house cleaned up after bookclub. He’s such a tender heart and I’m so thankful for him!!!!
Friday, Tanner and I had a day date. We grabbed lunch at Cafe Rio and then got massages. Yay! I set up for Bunco and had the best time hosting my fellow Rondo aides! We all brought a gift card to exchange and a treat to share. Everyone was so sweet about my house. It was all clean and the kids helped me set up. But having everyone over made me so happy and we all had a great time.
Saturday, we all had to get up early for their big last combined MCO rehearsal. I helped with the cones but then I was able to go eat breakfast with my mom and dad before going back to pick them up. We prayed together and I cried pleading with the Lord to bless Rayleigh with focus and confidence to do well for MCO and that Parker will have the focus and confidence to finish his English class with a passing grade. (He cannot fail or he won’t graduate!!!) And I prayed for Tanner to progress on his journey towards starting his own company. What he needs now, is a building!
After MCO, Ella had a super cute cheer performance at the Community Center. She did so great with her cute friends! My friend Tanya organizes a tremendous Holiday Boutique every year and it was in full swing when we were there on Saturday. They kids were able to play on the festive bounce houses and even go sledding!
That night was the ward Christmas party. The dinner was SO yummy but the turn out was low and there was no music or entertainment during the first hour and a half. We all just sat there and ate in silence. But the songs at the end with the primary and other members of the ward were excellent. It was a full, fun day!
Today is Sunday and we had a really nice morning at church. Everyone had great lessons on missionary work and hope and the Christmas music is always such a treat. We came home and ate chicken n rice and watching Christmas movies ALL day! Glorious!!!!!
















































Comments