Valentine's Week
Monday the kids didn’t have school so I scheduled us to all meet at City Hall to renew their passports. It took all of 20 minutes and the kids were screwing around the whole time. But we got it done!
We were all packed up for Crystal Cove so I took the kids to Disney for a few hours before heading down to the beach. We did 2 rides at DCA and 2 rides at Disney, grabbed a plate of pasta for lunch at Pizza Planet, and then cruised down to the cottage.
We arrived right when Tanner did which was perfect. We booked the best cottage, #36. It’s at the end of the boardwalk and HUGE. We got all settled in and the kids immediately started playing on the beach. Tanner and I moved our cars and did a quick shop at Trader Joe’s. That was the only time we really got to spend together! Life is crazy! Lisa and Emily (and her little family) joined us for dinner that night and brought us pizza. It was sooo fun to see them and catch up a little bit. It was sad that Brother Bob couldn’t make it. But I love Lisa so much. I need to spend more time with her.
Tuesday, the kids and I skipped school but Tanner had to go to work. It was a chilly day but the kids spent all day playing outside and building another cool shelter from the drift wood and rocks they found on the beach. They worked together and had so much fun. I was stupid and was on my phone too much. I should have been reading my book or doing something (anything) else. But I saw that all of Tanner’s old colleagues whom we’ve traveled with in the past all went to Cabo together. It was like a stab to my heart. Here we go again with getting left out and excluded. I felt even more dumb because I’ve been reaching out to this group trying to get us together for a date night. I guess THEY all get together, it’s just me and Tanner who aren’t welcome. Anyhoo, it crushed me and I spiraled. I cried and cried. I just HATE feeling neglected and uncared for. I feel like I have NO friends anymore. And in the kind of person who needs and wants a lot of friends. And I love to plan things and go on adventures so to be strategically left out was painful. To make matter worse, the girl who posted about the trip has now blocked me. Why? I don’t know. Maybe she feels badly? I told Tanner about them all going to Cabo and he was pretty upset too. So, now I’m dealing with a fresh wave of grief over that.
It didn’t help that Tanner was gone all day and I’m was pretty much just sitting there alone. It was not the most ideal time to take a staycation. But I went for a walk down the beach and cried and thought about life. I think I had too much time to think…
That night, Tanner came back and made us yummy chicken and we had dinner together and then played some really fun games. Thank goodness for kids who are always happy and want to be with you!!!!
We checked out the next day and it was rainy. It was kinda fun to experience the beach all chilly and rainy like that. Tanner had to go to work but I took the kids home and we got all cleaned up before I hosted bunco for Relief Society that night. Life moves on.
Thursday was rainy too and Bettina came to sub my class while Colleen was at a math training. (She was still on campus, though) My new difficulty student refused to get started on his work, took his shoes off, and screamed. So I called Ellie in to help us. When Colleen heard about it, she marched on down and whipped this kid into shape. Whew, what a morning. That night was pouring and we slipped and slided all the way to MCO. I had to stand outside in the cold wind and rain for almost 2 hours directing traffic. It was fine. Made me feel alive! But we stopped by my parents house to dry off and get ready for bed. My dad wanted us to spend the night because the weather was so bad but we braved the drive home and listened to a Goosebumps book he in added to the scariness of the drive. (Again, we slipped the whole way)
Friday was Valentine’s Day! Everyone exchanged treats and cards and had parties. We did all kinds of fun things in kinder like making candy necklaces with fruit loops, math with sweetheart candy, and cookie decorating. I was able to see the girls’ teacher and give them a little treat and say thanks for being so sweet. I felt lucky that I got to chat with Ella’s teacher for a little bit and she told me about all of the stress planning her wedding. I stayed all day and sat with Shannon a little bit while she did PTA stuff. She brought me a Diet Coke!
After school we rushed home so that we could pick up Tanner and drive him and Jack to the airport. They flew to Idaho, picked up Parker, and spent the weekend in Island Park at a cabin with friends. They snow mobiled and played non stop. Apparently Jack and Tanner got lost on the snow mobiles on Sunday. Parker is feeling a bit better. Earlier in the week I made an Instacart order for him with lots of medicine. Poor guy. He probably has the flu that’s been going around.
Anyhoo, we dropped off the boys and then I took the girls to Canes for dinner and Yogurtland for dessert. Then we shopped at the new Marshall’s by my mom’s house and they got so many cute outfits! Galentines!
We spent the night at my mom and dad’s house and it was so warm and cozy and nice! The next morning, we went to breakfast and a little hole in the wall French place. Then we shopped a little bit at Target. And then we all got our nails done! Rayleigh had been feeling insecure about her nails so I let her try fake French tip nails and she LOVES them. We all got our toes done too and it was such a treat!
We packed up and said goodbye to my amazing parents and headed home to get ready for our evening plan. We had 2 extra tickets to see BYU Young Ambassadors perform so we invited my friend Valerie and her daughter Chloe and it was awesome! These kids are so talented and work so hard! The girls really enjoyed the singing and dancing and it was fun to be out with my friend Valerie.
Sunday, we went to church and the girls were so cute. Ella sang a pretty song during sacrament meeting with our tiny primary. We came home and I made chicken n rice and we watched Titanic because that was the biggest chick flick I could think of! Man, that’s a good movie. Then Rayleigh and I snuggled up together on the couch for 4 more hours of reality TV and let me just say, it was awesome.
Being with just my girls this Valentine’s weekend has been so fun! I know Tanner and the boys are having fun too but it’s so nice being with just my girls. They are so kind and sweet and pretty and I love them so much. I’m so grateful for my family because, for some reason, I’m lacking in the friend department in this phase of my life. I can’t help but feel like the Lord is preparing me for something but man, it hurts.










































































Comments