How About Some Chicken Noodle Soup?
Everyone in our family has been getting sick. Not just a little sneezing and minor coughing. We're talking all out no breathing out of your mouth, cough attack in the middle of church, chills like we're in Antarctica cold.
First, in the genealogy of our cold strain, was my sister Josi. She gave it to Parker who gave it to me. BUT, I also babysat for my sister Karina and her lil boy Tavian had it too so maybe we got it from him! (Now Kari has it too) Then my mom got it and when Mom's got a cold the world crumbles!
So, as I began to feel better (i.e. Had energy enough to get out of bed and function like a human being) I made some chicken noodle soup with home made noodles! I remember a long time ago a neighbor made soup with homemade noodles and I thought it was the best thing ever! "You can MAKE noodles!?" What a concept!
Wel,l it took me all 4 hours to complete my home remedy for the sickies in our home. It turned out great! It even chased the colds away. (We've been having some terrible rain storms!- us Californian's can't handle much...) Anyhoo, on a chilly rainy evening, with the sun set low behind the clouds, some Nora Jones playing softly and a fire in the fire place, who needs to be sick to enjoy some good ol' fashion soup? If you too would like to partake in the tasty delight here's the recipe (I made it up!)
HOMEMADE NOODLES:
2 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp. milk
1 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Dash of salt
For the Soup:
Chicken
Carrots (I used baby)
Celery
1 pouch of Liptons Onion Soup mix
1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
1 Onion
3 tbsp. milk
1 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Dash of salt
For the Soup:
Chicken
Carrots (I used baby)
Celery
1 pouch of Liptons Onion Soup mix
1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
1 Onion
I made the noodles before hand so they could set and dry a little bit. I just mixed the ingredients in a bowl and then rolled out little noodles in my hand. You could really shape the noodles any way you like, big or small. Let the kids do it!
Next, I took 10 chicken tenders and cut them up into tiny pieces. You can do more or less based on the love of chicken in your home. Then I placed then in the bottom of the pan with a minced onion and let it cook for a few minutes as I chopped up the carrots and celery (again, as much as you'd like) Then I added the veggies soup, and soup mix and some water and let that cook for a while to let the veggies get tender. Then the fun part! I added the noodles and let it cook for about another 20 minutes! It was fabulous!

Comments
You used babies instead of carrots :) hehehe
I hope you didn't use Parker "he is way to cute to put onto a soup"