My Mom Came to Visit!
So my Mom called me the other day and said, "What are you doing this weekend?"
We didn't have MUCH of anything to do so she decided to book a flight and come the next day to see me! I thought she was crazy- leaving the beautiful, warm, sunny Southern California weather for dry, frigid, inverted Utah. BUT did you know that today we had sunny skies and temps in the 50's? AND So Cal had tornado warnings??? Sign of the times? Maybe my mom should stay a while longer... or move here... in with me... :-) I love my Mom!
So I picked her up and promptly showed her my new workplace and then we had Cafe Rio (duh!- but it's not too special anymore, now that's there's one in California just 5 minutes from her house...) and then Tanner showed us around BYU. Or she showed US. She had a story or 2 to tell about her wild and crazy BYU days. Ya know, walking to school up hill in the snow both ways. But seriously, she did. And meeting my Dad in Truman G. Madsen's philosophy class. A lot has changed there on campus but the spirit is still the same. It was a fun night... until....
we decided it would be fun and cute to go to "the creamery" for some ice cream. It.was.packed. BYU had just ended a basketball game and everyone and their hometeacher was at the Creamery getting food. Well in comes Parker with his excellent timing skills. He barfed. In the middle of the Creamery. Ummmm, I dont think I'll be ordering a cookie dough shake anytime soon. Tanner was mortified. We stripped Parker down outside and he was freezing. We hurried to the car and turned on the heat and drove through Dairy Queen. Problem solved! :-)









She went to church with us and witnessed my uncontrollable fit of laughter when a sunbeam was falling asleep in his tiny chair as I was leading singing time. You know when you're trying really hard NOT to laugh so it makes you laugh harder??? That was me. It was bad. I think the kids all thought I was crying due to their dear sweet cherubic voices. Good times.
She helped Parker make eggs. And got him to eat them all with her magical Nanny powers.
She even helped us out with Workbook time! Here she is tracing Parker's "shadow". Did I mention to you that she explained to him that we were going to draw his shadow like in Peter Pan? He was extatic to do this activity! When we were all done tracing him he asked if he could please fly. Uh oh! What do you say to that? Dash his hopes and dreams of flying at the tender age of 2? We couldn't bring ourselves to do it. So we explained to him that Tinker Bell was not here at the moment and we didn't have any pixie dust. Seemed to solve the problem....

I love my Mom so much. Did I say that already? It was so fun having her spend the weekend with us! Even if we had to share her with her BFF. We ended the fun filled weekend at Chuck-a-rama- woo hoo! It was a priceless evening. When in Utah... right? :-) I hope I can see my Mamma again soon!!!! xoxoxo
We didn't have MUCH of anything to do so she decided to book a flight and come the next day to see me! I thought she was crazy- leaving the beautiful, warm, sunny Southern California weather for dry, frigid, inverted Utah. BUT did you know that today we had sunny skies and temps in the 50's? AND So Cal had tornado warnings??? Sign of the times? Maybe my mom should stay a while longer... or move here... in with me... :-) I love my Mom!
So I picked her up and promptly showed her my new workplace and then we had Cafe Rio (duh!- but it's not too special anymore, now that's there's one in California just 5 minutes from her house...) and then Tanner showed us around BYU. Or she showed US. She had a story or 2 to tell about her wild and crazy BYU days. Ya know, walking to school up hill in the snow both ways. But seriously, she did. And meeting my Dad in Truman G. Madsen's philosophy class. A lot has changed there on campus but the spirit is still the same. It was a fun night... until....
we decided it would be fun and cute to go to "the creamery" for some ice cream. It.was.packed. BYU had just ended a basketball game and everyone and their hometeacher was at the Creamery getting food. Well in comes Parker with his excellent timing skills. He barfed. In the middle of the Creamery. Ummmm, I dont think I'll be ordering a cookie dough shake anytime soon. Tanner was mortified. We stripped Parker down outside and he was freezing. We hurried to the car and turned on the heat and drove through Dairy Queen. Problem solved! :-)
She went to church with us and witnessed my uncontrollable fit of laughter when a sunbeam was falling asleep in his tiny chair as I was leading singing time. You know when you're trying really hard NOT to laugh so it makes you laugh harder??? That was me. It was bad. I think the kids all thought I was crying due to their dear sweet cherubic voices. Good times.
She helped Parker make eggs. And got him to eat them all with her magical Nanny powers.
I love my Mom so much. Did I say that already? It was so fun having her spend the weekend with us! Even if we had to share her with her BFF. We ended the fun filled weekend at Chuck-a-rama- woo hoo! It was a priceless evening. When in Utah... right? :-) I hope I can see my Mamma again soon!!!! xoxoxo


Comments