Update
Life in Utah has been amazingly wonderful. We are so incredibly happy. I don't know what it is! I think the Lord has truly blessed us and the comfort I feel is knowing that this is where we are supposed to be, doing what we were meant to do.
(Don't mind all of these pictures- they are all from my phone...)
We are a happy fam-i-ly!
Tanner took this picture of Parker in front of the house in Provo where my Dad grew up. I have many fond memories of holidays spent in that house and running through the backyard. It's nice to see that not much has changed.
We took a little Sunday stroll the other week. It was a little chilly, I don't know what we were thinking. But it was fun! It's nice to get outside once and a while...
So I'm completely loving my job. I don't ever want to leave. I thought I might as well share with you what it is I actually do.
I work for Utah Valley Heart and Lung Surgical Associates assisting with venous ablation procedures. I work with 3 cardiac surgeons and 3 physician's assistants. Basically 25 million people walk around with venous insufficiency which causes pain, swelling, and sometimes even ulcers in the legs. What I do is scan the legs for blood clots in the deep veins and then check for reflux in the superficial venous system. If your valves aren't working properly, the blood in your veins can leak down a little bit- that's what causes the pain, swelling, etc... So anyhoo, once we've determined a patient has reflux we schedule a procedure. I scrub up and get all sterile (cool!) and then I help guide the P.A. into the vien using ultrasound. 3 days after the procedure I do a follow up scan on the patient to make sure that we took care of the vein properly and there ya go! That's my job!
And here's my super cool machine! It even does 3D/4D scans for all you pregos out there! :-)
Last week a channel 2 news crew came to my work and were doing a story on visceral fat. They asked me to scan a liver! lol It was pretty cool. And maybe, just maybe, the back of my head will be on local TV this week. :-)
Parker started preschool 2 weeks ago and is doing really well! I thought I'd like having a nanny come to my house better than sending him to school but quickly realized that if I did that he would never get to be around other kids or play outside very much.
At first he was a little bummed to be dropped off everyday but now he's totally stoked on school and I can already tell that he's learning and growing so much! Same goes for nursery! He loves it all!
Last week, though, they called me and told me he had a low grade fever and that I had to come and get him. Since he is within walking distance from my work I just hopped on over there and picked him up. We hung out in my office for a little while and waited for Tanner to come and get us. I scanned his belly a little bit which he thought was totally awesome. I found his gallbladder which completely freaked me out because it was so big! But he was just hungry so it's all good. (your gallbladder shrinks after you eat...)
As far as Tanner is concerned he is tearing it up! He's the bomb at his new job and they are throwing promotions at him left and right which he has to turn down because his focus is on school now. He comes home every day from BYU trying to tell me about what he learned that day and he is so far over my head it's not even funny! He's such a smarty pants and I'm so proud of him. He took us over to campus the other day and showed us around. We went to the library and I checked out a book which I read in like 2 days....
So he took it back for me and checked me out another one! I could get used to this! I think it's cute the books he chooses for me. :-) This is us basically every night of the week- sitting in our oh-so-quiet living room after Parker has gone to bed. We cuddle up by the fire and I sit in my Grandma's chair (so comfy) and read while Tanner studies. It's the time I look forward to most everyday.
Oh! And here's my little chef. He's all about cooking now a days- not so much the eating part but he loves to cook! His nursery leader gave him this apron for Christmas and he loves to put it on and make noodles or "teeny tiny pancakes". Everything's better in miniature form, right? :-) I usually make dinner in the crock pot before I leave to go to work everyday at noon so that it will be ready when we get home and he's been loving helping me do that! So cute!
So that's our little update! Life is good and we are having a blast here in Utah!
(Don't mind all of these pictures- they are all from my phone...)
We are a happy fam-i-ly!
Tanner took this picture of Parker in front of the house in Provo where my Dad grew up. I have many fond memories of holidays spent in that house and running through the backyard. It's nice to see that not much has changed.
We took a little Sunday stroll the other week. It was a little chilly, I don't know what we were thinking. But it was fun! It's nice to get outside once and a while...
So I'm completely loving my job. I don't ever want to leave. I thought I might as well share with you what it is I actually do.I work for Utah Valley Heart and Lung Surgical Associates assisting with venous ablation procedures. I work with 3 cardiac surgeons and 3 physician's assistants. Basically 25 million people walk around with venous insufficiency which causes pain, swelling, and sometimes even ulcers in the legs. What I do is scan the legs for blood clots in the deep veins and then check for reflux in the superficial venous system. If your valves aren't working properly, the blood in your veins can leak down a little bit- that's what causes the pain, swelling, etc... So anyhoo, once we've determined a patient has reflux we schedule a procedure. I scrub up and get all sterile (cool!) and then I help guide the P.A. into the vien using ultrasound. 3 days after the procedure I do a follow up scan on the patient to make sure that we took care of the vein properly and there ya go! That's my job!
And here's my super cool machine! It even does 3D/4D scans for all you pregos out there! :-)
Last week a channel 2 news crew came to my work and were doing a story on visceral fat. They asked me to scan a liver! lol It was pretty cool. And maybe, just maybe, the back of my head will be on local TV this week. :-)
Parker started preschool 2 weeks ago and is doing really well! I thought I'd like having a nanny come to my house better than sending him to school but quickly realized that if I did that he would never get to be around other kids or play outside very much. At first he was a little bummed to be dropped off everyday but now he's totally stoked on school and I can already tell that he's learning and growing so much! Same goes for nursery! He loves it all!
Last week, though, they called me and told me he had a low grade fever and that I had to come and get him. Since he is within walking distance from my work I just hopped on over there and picked him up. We hung out in my office for a little while and waited for Tanner to come and get us. I scanned his belly a little bit which he thought was totally awesome. I found his gallbladder which completely freaked me out because it was so big! But he was just hungry so it's all good. (your gallbladder shrinks after you eat...)
As far as Tanner is concerned he is tearing it up! He's the bomb at his new job and they are throwing promotions at him left and right which he has to turn down because his focus is on school now. He comes home every day from BYU trying to tell me about what he learned that day and he is so far over my head it's not even funny! He's such a smarty pants and I'm so proud of him. He took us over to campus the other day and showed us around. We went to the library and I checked out a book which I read in like 2 days....
So he took it back for me and checked me out another one! I could get used to this! I think it's cute the books he chooses for me. :-) This is us basically every night of the week- sitting in our oh-so-quiet living room after Parker has gone to bed. We cuddle up by the fire and I sit in my Grandma's chair (so comfy) and read while Tanner studies. It's the time I look forward to most everyday.
Oh! And here's my little chef. He's all about cooking now a days- not so much the eating part but he loves to cook! His nursery leader gave him this apron for Christmas and he loves to put it on and make noodles or "teeny tiny pancakes". Everything's better in miniature form, right? :-) I usually make dinner in the crock pot before I leave to go to work everyday at noon so that it will be ready when we get home and he's been loving helping me do that! So cute!So that's our little update! Life is good and we are having a blast here in Utah!

Comments