California, California! Here We Come!!!
After much drama and frustrations at work I decided to make the 650 mile cross country trek to California with Parker all by myself! Let me tell you, it was not all that fun driving 9.5 hours with a 3 year old in the back seat. But we made it and we had a good time.
I left straight from work on Wednesday (had to scrub out of my surgery a little early...), swooped up Parker, and off we were! We drove to Vegas and stayed with Jeff and Ange that night. It was sooooo nice. Andrea just has the most amazing home you've ever seen and Jeff made the BEST breakfast ever!!! It's always a treat to spend time with good friends you don't get to see very often. I slept like a baby and woke up feeling great so off we were to finish our road trip to Laguna!
Parker LOVED Mason's fire truck! :-)

Towards the end of the drive Parker started getting a little bored. Actually, he was getting quite annoying and I knew he needed to take a nap but he was fighting it. Low and behold he fell asleep on the toll road not 20 minutes from home. Sheesh! I told him he needed to doze off in Barstow!
It was glorious walking through my Mom's front door! It looked beautiful, smelled wonderful, and there were 3 cousins all there waiting to play with Parker. That night my Mom took me out for dinner and shopping at the Spectrum and Jon, Lau, and Kimmie came to meet us. Kimmie is LITERALLY the cutest, sweetest thing on the planet! I love that girl!

He even braved the Plip Plop Fountain while I went and spent too much money at H&M.
That night Kim and Parker took a bath together and I couldn't resist snapping a few black mail shots. :-) It's actually quite funny how white my boy is compared to his Latina cousin.

Basically, the entire reason we even came out to California in the first place was to go to the Pumpkin Patch. We practically lived there last year and I just had to take Parker back again. We found the most awesome coupon in OC Family magazine and off we went! With 4/5 siblings, 2 grandparents, and 7.5 grandkids in tow.
They addded a new huge blow up slide this year and after seeing his older cousins slide down with big grins on their faces, Parker decided he wanted to do it too. He got up there, slid down, and was terrified!

But not 5 seconds later he said, "Again!" and up he went and down he came...
Kimmie and Parker were pals throughout most of this trip- they get along so well!

Paparazzi

Bounce house bliss

My seesters

I told Parker to make a "Happy Swing Face" and this is what I got?????

Good times at the patch this year.
Later that day we cruised over to the park to play some more... but it was chilly and wet! I didn't see the sun shine all weekend! But I loved the crisp fall weather.

That night I put Parker down at 7:30- he was exhausted! Then we called the neighbor girl over to stay at the house while he was asleep and I went to the movies with my mom and dad! Woo hoo! Nothing beats Pink Berry and a chick flick with my Mama!
Saturday we had a little baby shower for my sister who is expecting baby number 4 next month!

My brother and my beautiful pregnant sister!

Jo Jo did a fabulous job on the decorations.

I made Cam some little onsies with the ties on them. Can't wait to meet the little guy!!!

My brother was a genius and found this wedding cake at the local bakery on clearance! He brought the BEST desserts to the baby shower!

So then Jon asked Josi if she wanted to practice "cutting the cake" for her wedding (someday). She did an EXCELLENT job. She is going to make the most amazing, beautiful bride! :-)
Since all 5 siblings were together that day my Dad went through some of my Grandma's things and let us each chose one item. There was jewelry, old newspapers and magazines, an old camera, and of course some priceless pictures. These are just pictures of pictures but I wanted to share...

My Dad and his Mom

My Aunt Jane, Dad, and Uncle

My Grandparents

I'm not sure who's in this one but I thought it was such a neat picture.
That afternoon my mom and I took Parker down to Laguna to get some hot chocolate and some treats from my favorite place- the Chocolatier.
When we got home Josi's amazing boyfriend, Matt, had BBQed us some delish burgers and corn on the cob! We got to know Matt a little bit. He's in the military and just a really great guy. He's being deployed to Afghanistan in April. I hope Tanner can meet him before he goes because those 2 have a LOT in common.
We went to church on Sunday morning and then headed out. I was NOT looking forward to the drive but all my prayers must have been answered because the drive was actually quite enjoyable. Parker slept for 2 hours and there were some cool thunder storms- which brought rainbows. Parker was perfect. We spent the night in St. George that night and headed STRAIGHT to work and school the next day.


Loving the hotel! :-)


The drive into Provo on Monday morning was beyond gorgeous. I loved looking around at the beautiful scenery.

But, after a grand total of 19 hours in the car we were GLAD to be home!!!
We missed Tanner so much it hurt. We were so excited he came home early last night to see us before we went to bed. I love that man!!!!!! Next time, Tanner, let's drive together. :-)























Comments
Glad you got home safely,
Love you,
Kim