Getting Ready for Halloween...
To celebrate the very last day of warm weather I took Parker to a new park I had discovered a few days ago. It was amazing!

There was this super cool swing that spun around and the swings were really high!




And there was a fountain! Here! In Orem! Like, a big, nice fountain!

There was no water in it... I guess the season for water in the fountain is over... but it was still really cool!


We walked across the grass and took a few pictures of our shadows...


And found a duck pond! Really? Could this park get any cooler???? A nice lady shared some bread with us and we shared it with the ducks and the ducks were going crazy over it!


Parker had a blast playing with all the boys on the playground. I swear it was "little boy day" at the park because there were NO girls! Except for us Moms. It was nice to chit chat with other moms, too. :-)


Oh! And a BIG hill for Parker to roll down- he was in love.

He got a drink from the water fountain and decided it would be funny to get me wet. Can you see that sneaky look on his face or what???

Those are the stables there across the street. Parker was running up and down that hill for a good 30 minutes...

The colors here in Utah are truly breathtaking this time of year.
Friday night Tanner and I had his cousin watch Parker and we went to the play "Dracula" at the Provo Castle (pictures at the end of this post) It was too dark to get any pictures while we were there that night but it was super spooky and oh so fun. It was actually like a reading of Dracula by professional actors. Very fun and definitely put us into the Halloween spirit!
The next morning we shot some of our friends up in Sundance. It was so beautiful up there but it started to rain so the shoot was cut short. Of course I had to snap a few pictures with my little point and shoot...


Our friends were nice enough to snap some quick pictures of us too. :-)



Took this little beauty out the car window on the way down the mountain. Exquisite!
After the shoot we went costume shopping and grabbed some Cafe Rio for lunch.

Tanner and I WANTED to have some kind of coordinating outfits but pretty much gave up on that. I dressed up as a witch and Tanner dressed up as "I-fell-asleep-next-to-Adam-Lambert-on-a-first-class-flight-and-woke-up-looking-like-this!" Ha ha! The best part was putting make up on him!!!! Goooooood times!!!

That night we went to Pete and Jenn's annual Halloween party! The food was delish and it was fun hanging out with grown ups- and goblins. :-)

Sunday.... I got released as Primary Song Leader. 3 years now doing that calling. I don't think I know how to do anything else!
After church, and naps, we went for a drive and checked out the castle in the daylight.





Pretty cool huh? And up above and behind it, right up next to the mountain side was this little pond with picnic benches and stuff.


I wanted to show Tanner the amazing park we discovered so we cruised over there, too. It was sprinkling a little bit but we had a good time. It was soooooo fun having Tanner push us on the awesome swings! It was like a ride at Knott's!


Back to the grindstone this week. Oh ya, and it snowed today. Sigh. Better start getting used to it now. :-(




Comments
Love you