Be My Valentine

This week was full of LOVE LOVE LOVE! I actually kinda of love the month of February. Sometimes I look at the calender and think, "Man, February is just cold and boring" but really it's NOT! And, here look, I'll prove it to you.




This is what we do most nights while Tanner is gone. Parker is so good at keeping his toys put away and picked up. One evening he decided to line up all his cars and planes. He was so proud. I was so proud!



Then we made Valentine's for all the kids in his class. This was always a super special day at school- getting to craft a little mail box and have all your friends run around the room stuffing Valentine's and candy into everyone's boxes. I remember being so extra super careful not to give any candy that said "Be Mine" or any other lovey dovey suggestions to any boys with cooties. Yuck!


Oh, and did I mention that I modeled at work? Our marketing director called me last week and asked me what I was doing Thursday morning. I said, "Uhhhh, nothing" So she asked if I could model with one of the doctors for the cover of the hospitalist brochure! It was fun!



Here the doctor is trying to give me some doctor-ly advice but all he was really doing was making me laugh. We were TRYING to be convincing of a doctor/patient relationship... :-)



Oh, and Parker and I made RED chocolate chip cookies for a little treat/game night we had with some friends on Friday night.


They were super yummy!



(He just really wanted to take a picture of him with his favorite race car...)
Golly he's cute!


So, Friday night Tanner and I were invited to a little neighborhood party. We got a babysitter and were having a great time playing games when all of a sudden I see her calling and when I answered she was freaking out! Apparently Parker was throwing up all over his bed! (Parker was fighting a little fever/cold this week) She was completely traumatized. But, we got everything cleaned up and my little bug was back to sleep in no time.


Awwww, Sunday. Best day of the week! I made my boys match (ya know, cuz it's like a holiday and they needed to wear red) Everyone at church said we looked like we were getting ready to go get family pictures taken or something. :-)




After church we had Spencer and Mona Kay come over with the kids for a little Valentine's Day dinner. We ate a big old dinner and the kids ran around like crazy and we all had a great time!




I helped Parker put together his little Valentine's for school. We made notes that said, "You light up my life" and gave each person a little bag filled with a star burst candy and a red glow bracelet.


He was sooooo excited to hand then out at school! And I made sure he dressed to impress the ladies. :-)

Parker was EXTRA spoiled this week and got special Valentine's from BOTH sets of Grandparents!

He got a little package from my parents earlier in the week. My mom told him to make sure he shook it up before he opened it "because that's the best part!"


He was so stoked with all the treats!!!! Love you Nanny and Bebo!!!!

Then today, ON Valentine's day, we walked up to the door and found a little box sitting there! It was from Grammy and Papa!


He couldn't wait to open it and see all the goodies!


He made sure he opened ALL the candy and eat a bunch! Yum!!!


Earlier this month I found this little red mailbox for $1 at Target. Every night after Parker went to bed I put a special treat in there for him and every morning he was thrilled to find a Valentine.





With every goodie I put in a little note. One time I gave him socks so the note said, "You warm my heart." One time I have him a little toy airplane so the note said, "I love you up to the sky" Every day was something sweet like that. He even put some special surprises in there for me and Tanner, too!

Today was super warm and I wanted to just lay in the sunshine all day long!!! (Ok so it was a titch over 50- that's a big deal to us Utah people!) Tonight my boys and I had dinner together and told each other how much we loved each other. I made Tanner curry chicken and coconut rice (something I've never ever made before) because that's what we had on our wedding day at our reception.


I love him.

Valentine's day was great this year and we have a lot of fun times to look forward to this month!




I just wanted to take a second and look back at a few of my most memorable Valentine's Day dates so I don't ever forget.
The first time I was every asked out on a Valentine's Day date I was a Senior in high school. They guy picked me up in his '57 Chevy and we went to a nice dinner. Then he took me to the beach for a little treasure hunt. In the treasure box were some homemade valentines and a really sweet love letter asking me to be his girlfriend. That night he tried to kiss me but I had just BARELY gotten over Mono and so I tried to warn him but he went for it anyway. It was a very sweet Valentine's Day date.

A year later I was home from BYU-I and was asked out on a Valentine's Day date by one of my sister's friends. Where did he take me you might ask? Hooters. Yes, we went to Hooters. On a date. On Valentine's Day. All I remember from that date was that I won the hoola hoop contest between me and the Hooters girls. Boo ya!

A year after that I met my Valentine for life. We were engaged and I'm pretty sure all we did was make out for Valentine's Day. :-)

A few years after that we were expecting Parker and living in Vegas. Tanner took me to the Green Valley Ranch spa for a day of pampering and it was sooo nice! He also made me a "mixed tape" with a bunch of romantic Michael Buble songs and such. So sweet. :-)

I couldn't resist writing a few Valentine's Day memories down. I, for one, am a fan of the day of LOVE! XOXO

Comments

Sue Ann said…
This is so delightful, Hon. Just can't get enough of the photos! You are so good at all that. Especially love the mailbox idea and your precious love notes to Parks.
Jeff and Ange said…
Your pics are so cute... and the modeling ones are pretty funny. You have a promising future...
Anonymous said…
Now when you fill out your resume for future jobs you can put "super model" down! You are such a good mom, those are such fun little Valentines things to do together! I love the little mailbox thing, I really want to steal that idea! I love the pictures of you guys in your Sunday best!
I had no idea that the restaurant of love was "Hooters", so romantic ;)