Feeling Green

Last week was rough.

Tuesday morning dawned with the stomach flu. It was not pretty. First, I was the one who couldn't keep anything down and then Parker joined me. The only thing worse than feeling like you have to toss your cookies every 5 minutes is having to clean up for/take care of a 3 year old feeling the same way. Not fun. Not fun at all! And Tanner, bless his heart, was so frustrated that he couldn't just be home taking care of us. He had some major huge tests to take and didn't make it home before 9pm all week. :-( But, he did give me a blessing and that's the most I could ever ask for.

THANKFULLY, I was on top of things and sat down to help Parker make his Leprechaun trap on Monday night (aka: upchuck eve)


0.5 seconds into the painting and he had blue paint on his head.... How does he do it?






He decided there needed to be some little army men in there protecting the gold....


We wished the little man luck on getting passed our trap and it must have worked because when we woke up on St. Patrick's day he was NOT in there! Bust! But he did leave us some sparkly treats and gold chocolate.
Truth be told, I was too weak on Wednesday night to do anything to prepare for St. Patrick's day. All I could do was lay on the couch and try not to cry. So, the trap was set out a day late.
By Thursday Parker was back to his wild and crazy self so it was back to school for him. I was sooooo bored lying on the couch all day but could not get my energy back to do anything festive for one of my favorite holidays. But, honestly, who wants to cook and EAT corned beef and cabbage when they feel the need to barf?
So, St. Patrick's day was a bust.

Saturday I was DYING to get out of the house. So, I forced Tanner to go on a walk with me in the mountains. It was cold and windy but it felt glorious to me! We made our way up to Bridal Veil Falls and it was really beautiful!












Later that day we grabbed dinner and watched BYU dominate. (Well, Tanner watched...) and then we took Parker to Trafalga to go miniature golfing. I was not feeling very well, still, so I didn't even bother carrying my camera around but we had a blast! It was sooooo cool! They have a course inside that is all "under the sea" and lit up with black lights! Super fun!

Sunday we revived our souls at church and took another little walk up into the mountains. This time we went to the river and threw rocks. Angeluis came over and we got all caught up on Survivor. Love them!

All in all it was a nice, relaxing weekend to end a horrific week of sickness.
Upside is, though, that the stomach flu is like the best diet ever. ;-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so sorry, being sick is the WORST!!! I'm glad you got over it so quickly though, it sounded painful! I love the leprechaun trap idea, I'm definitely going to copy you on that next year and hopefully make it a tradition as well! Gorgeous pictures in the mountains! I wish it would get a little warmer though, and preferably a lot less wind. Oh well beggars can't be choosers! Trafalga sounds way cool! Surprisingly we watched that same game, I think that is the first time Travis had to get a game on since we've been married (it must be jimmer)! Love ya woman! And I completely agree that one of the best parts of the trip last week was getting to chat it up with YOU!