My Sister's Wedding Day

I am thrilled to announce the marriage of my beautiful sister, Josi, to the amazingly wonderful man, Matthew!

Matt proposed several weeks ago, but just recently had his deployment date for his final tour in Afghanistan unexpectedly bumped up to THIS month! They are madly in love and chose to demonstrate their commitment and devotion to each other by tying the knot as soon as possible! As in, last Friday! :-)

They made the final decision to be married on Tuesday. Yes, that gave my Mom a whopping 3 days to plan, prepare, and execute a 5 star wedding. And it WAS!

Tanner, Parker, and I flew in on Friday....

Meanwhile, my parents kitchen is being remodeled!



As soon as we arrived I went straight over to the salon where my sister was getting her hair and make up done. She looked absolutely beautiful!




I helped her get dressed and ready the best I could. Being a Maid of Honor is SUCH an honor!



My Dad and my Sisters and I are waiting for the marriage to begin...
One of my sisters found 4 matching dresses at the Nordies and they were the perfect color! They fit and were comfortable and were GREAT brides maid's dresses!



My AMAZING parents!!!



Parker and my Dad


Woo Hoo! JoJo's getting married!!!!


Me and my Dad



There they are! The happy couple!!!!


Josi sharing her beautiful bouquet with one of our nieces.



I love my seester!


When Tanner didn't have his camera in his hand he was most commonly found holding a baby. :-) Here he is with the family's newest addition and my nephew. ;-)



After the wedding we went to the beach to take pictures. I was in heaven!!!


Literally, is there any place more gorgeous than this????


Loving it!


Tanner did and AMAZING job taking pictures! That man is so talented!



My little cheeto guy.




Awwww, perfect!


We had so much fun playing in the sun shine!




Later, we met up with everyone at the reception in Ladera Ranch.


My Dad and my Sisters



My cousin Shelley drove down from LA!!! I love her!!!



My Mom and Josi- so gorgeous!


Josi got each one of us brides maid's a pair of earrings. It was a specail moment when she gave them to us and shared some sentimental, sweet words. :-)




My Mom helped the Grandkids practice walking down the aisle for the ring ceremony.




Here comes the bride! My Dad walked my sister down the aisle accompanied by a string quartet.

After the most amazing ceremony given by Bishop Braithwaite we all sat down for a delicious meal. We each had a turn toasting the newly weds and enjoying the romance all around.

They danced and cut their wedding cake and mostly stared at each other. :-) It was a PERFECT day.


That night, as Tanner and I were driving home, I saw a shooting star. I know that it is a sign of good things to come.

Josi, I love you so much. I'm so proud to be your little sister. You have always been the most amazing example to me of selfless love and unyielding kindness. I'm so happy you found such an extraordinary man like Matt to share your life with. He truly is an incredible person and I'm thrilled to call him my brother!!!! Here's to endless happiness to you both!!!! xoxoxo

Comments

Sue Ann said…
Such an inspirational day! Thanks for the blog, Channie!
Beck Family said…
So so beautiful!!! So happy for Jo and you all!
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous bride and groom!!! What a special wedding, it looks like those two are so in love!!! I can't wait to see the pictures Tanner took of the wedding too! That beach looks to beautiful to be real, a perfect little paradise! Congratulations Josie and Matthew!!!!!!!!