Spring has Sprung!
We spent Saturday ushering in a beautiful Spring season! Spring is gracing us with her presence this year and we want her to know we appreciate it! I woke up with the sun to get our Bountiful Basket. (Love all those fresh fruits and veggies!)

After I put all of our yummy food away Tanner and Parker were up and cruised with me over to the park and watched me run. (Disclaimer: I am NOT a runner- but my office and the heart team puts on a 5k race every May and I told myself this year I would not come in LAST PLACE!) So, my goal is to run a 5k a few times a week. So far so good!
After that we dashed down to Spanish Fork and participated in this year's Holi Festival of Colors! We've seen some epic videos and pictures of it from last year and knew we needed to get in on the experience. I told my Mom I'm not afraid of the Hari Chrishnas anymore. When I was little and they'd be marching around Laguna Beach singing and ringing their bells and I'd get so scared!
This is Parker before we threw the colored chalk...

So excited!!!

Mellow yellow

And the fun begins! The band was playing, the crowd was growing, and we were having a blast throwing colors up in the air!

Parker was pooped by the end of our little adventure and ready for a nap for sure (one which he never actually took...)

I grabbed some surgical masks from work and boy am I glad I did! We would have had purple boogers for a week!

After showers and lunch we met up with Angeluis and went to the park to take some cute pictures of Mikailo. Oh man, that kids melts me from head to toe. Love him! After the park we went to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner and then headed up the canyon for a "Welcome Spring" bon fire!
We brought stuff to make peep s'mores and thoroughly enjoyed being outside under the stars next to a nice warm fire listening to the rush of the river next to us.


To say that Parker was tired would be an understatement. He was exhausted!

He was soooo ready for bed by the time we were done. One second he would be laughing and the next crying! Oh man, thank goodness we don't have a girl! The DRAMA! ;-)

I don't think we've ever had a boring Saturday. I love my boys so much and I'm so glad they like to have little (and big!) adventures with me. Life is pretty stinkin' good!











Comments