Thunder Over Utah

We drove to St. George a couple weeks ago for an air show and to see my friend Jacob and his wife- pregnant with twins! They are the BEST hosts and we loved seeing them and spending time together.

Thunder of Utah was an absolute blast! I think I said, "I'm so happy" about a million times that day. It was soooo nice being OUTSIDE with my 2 favorite people all day. Well, until the wind picked up. That was no bueno.


There were huge long lines for EVERYTHING- yes, that includes the yucky porta-potties. (Waited 45 minutes.. sheesh!) But Tanner was patient enough to get a philly cheese steak sandwich. Good thing I brought a whole back pack full of food and drinkage!




Parker hates airplanes and jets. NOT!


This was a feature called the heritage flight and Tanner and I both cried. Call us lame if you want to but seeing the difference in the fighter air craft from WWII to now just touched me. I guess maybe it's because my grandfathers flew and fought in those old planes- one even died. Makes me proud of our military and our fighter pilots today!


The Blue Angel's are always the favorite. My neighbor's Dad growing up was a Blue Angel pilot so I like to think of me and the Blue Angel's being good friends. We go wayyyy back. :-)

Growing up we had the El Toro Marine Base just a few miles from my house. I remember laying on the grass during air show season watching all the planes and jets fly over my head. I remember walking home from school to a brilliant show and hearing the sonic boom. I remember seeing some stealth jet that Tanner could tell you the name of and thinking it was an alien spaceship. I cried to my brother and he told me alien's were real... he "saw it on the news". Pretty much my biggest childhood fear would be aliens. I remember having piano lessons and having to stop because there would be 20 military choppers flying LOUDLY by. Or having to pretend to be reverent in church when I could hear jets soaring over the building. Ya, I kind of have a soft spot for planes and jets and helicopters. Just like my boys.








The wind picked up as the show was ending. It was brutal. All that sand and dirt whipped right up into our faces and eyes. By the time we got to the car we were covered in dirt. My face was caked with sand! The inside of the car was lined with dust from the point five seconds we had the doors open to jump inside. Whew!

We met Jacob and Deidre at Texas Roadhouse for dinner that night and it really hit the spot! After dinner we sat in the hot tub and relaxed a bit. On Sunday we went to church together while Parker tried to convince us to "stay for 2 more days." Jacob is pretty much every kids dream friend. He's amazing and Parker is in love with him... or his iPad. Pretty sure it's Jacob.


Parker cried for a good 20 minutes as we were leaving. He begs all the time to go back and stay with Jacob and Deidre. It's pretty stinkin sweet. I know, I love them too. :-)


In June we'll have to go down and see how their family doubles in size! There will be 2 boys and 2 girls! I'm soooo happy for them (which is a good emotion for me since I'm usually extremely bitter towards all pregnant women due to my own infertility issues) They are going to have the most beautiful babies! Thanks for the great weekend, guys!!!

Comments