Goodbye Utah. :-(

SOOOOOOO Sad and SOOOO hard to leave! Utah was good to us. Really good. Some of the happiest days of our lives were spent there in Happy Valley. Some of the hardest, too. We grew so much individually and as a family. I am so grateful to have many priceless experiences and forever friends. 

Tanner worked so hard at BYU and successfully completed the Exercise Science program and earned himself a bachelors degree. That in itself was huge. But not only that but he worked really hard and 2 very respected companies. His employers were ever impressed with Tanner's knowledge and expertise. He was able to make a lot of great connections, learn valuable lessons, and even travel!

 Parker graduated from Pre School and grew so much under their superb stewardship. He entered that school when he was 2 and half years old. Everyday he was excited to go to school and see his friends and his amazing teachers. I am so impressed with their program and with the excellent skills and priceless knowledge he gained while in attendance. It was such a comfort knowing he was so close to me and that he was under the care of such dedicated and compassionate leaders.

 My job at the Utah Valley Vein Clinic was unbelievable. I don't think anyone loved their job more that I did. I worked with some of the most amazing, wonderful people on Earth. I made some life long friends, and I learned so much at my first "real" job as an ultrasound tech. I loved everyday I was there. That job was the best thing in the world. 

Utah was seriously the best. BYU football games, Sundance, friends, family, camping, our ward and neighborhood, our adorable, comfortable home, the seasons, 7 peaks, and even those 3 angel babies who graced our lives for just a few weeks- I could not have dreamed of a better 2 and a half years of my life. I will keep Utah close to my heart always.

Chandra and her partner in crime, Kenna

Jon Woozley- my brother from another mother. I will respect and love him forever. Greatest guy ever.

Pamcake- life would not have been the same without her

The travel baskets my crew made for Parker and me for our road trip

So sad to leave- Betty was my kindred spirit. We "said it like it was" and always had each other's backs. We shared books and lots of laughs. Miss that lady.
This is Taylie- Parker's girlfriend at school. She always gave me hugs. :-)
Ms. Alex took the class on a field trip to the park on Parker's last day.

Merick- Parker's BFF. These guys took gymnastics together and always played together on the playground. To this day Parker calls out Merick's name and tells him he misses him. Merick is a cool kid and I hope we can see him again someday.



Ms. Alex. The best teacher that ever taught. No lie.

Trying to keep smiling as we say goodbye.



Here you have it....

My preschool grad!


Packing the house was the worst thing that ever happened to me. It's not that I loath moving because we all know Tanner and I are pretty darn good at it. But it was the fact that I had to think so hard about what to pack up for storage, what to keep for my 2 weeks in Utah after Tanner left, what to pack up for PA, and what I would need for 5 weeks in California. My mind was toast and the worst part was running out of places to put stuff. Most of it went into storage but when that was full we put the rest in the moving truck. When that was full I filled up my car and when that was full we had to simply leave some stuff behind. Not the best feeling in the world knowing your possessions are sprawled out across the country. 

The car ride from UT to CA in the red velvet express was fast and east but CROWDED. I had so much anxiety anticipating this move that it was nice to finally close the page on that chapter in our lives. No regrets and I sure do miss Utah. But, I was so ready to go "home" and let my mom take care of me. ;-)

On our way down we stopped in St George and met Jacob and Deidre's new twins! They were less than a week old! Can you even believe how great Deidre looks? Really, it's incredible. And I immediately fell in love with these babies. Good work you two.

Family of 4
Parker LOVES Jacob!

My dream come true
Baby bliss

Goodbye Utah. I sincerely hope we meet again.

Comments