May 30th: Disneyland


My mom and I took Parker to Disneyland today! We used our special passes that Matt and Josi got for us and we are so grateful to them for doing that for us! What a treasure! Jon and the girls met us around 11am and we had a jam packed, magical day.

I really do believe that dreams DO come true. You just have to dream.

We started off the day in Tomorrow Land at the new Star Tours. We ended up riding it 3 times today and each time was a different experience. The new ride is 3D and has endless combinations. It's really neat! Parker drove his OWN car at Autopia and we rode the train. We went on Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Splash Mountain (a first for Parker- enjoy the picture that was taken of us at the drop and "splash" part of the ride), we did the Buzz Lightyear ride, the carousel, Tea Cups, Casey Jr. circus Train, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Winnie the Pooh, we had dinner at the Bear Country Cafe and fed the ducks. We went in Tarzan's Tree House, rode the very entertaining jungle cruise (he was so convincing he had Parker on the floor of the boat multiple times... "look out for those piranhas!" We rode the Astro Orbitors, Small World, Toon Town Roller Coaster, and Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin. We met Mickey and Minnie and walked through their houses. We didn't do Peter Pan which mine and Tanner's favorite. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but it's ok, I'm sure you get the point.

It was a very nice, sunny day. The lines were perfect. We didn't feel rushed or crowded at all. The kids loved the parade! Jon's girls were SO cute dancing to all the music and ALL the beautiful princesses waved at cute Kim. She wore her Minnie dress and was quite the eye catcher. ;-)

It was nice having mom there to stay with Kayla while Jon and I took the kids on some of the bigger rides. It was Kim's first time on Space Mountain and Star Tours and she was so brave! I had fun with her on the Toon Town Coaster.

At the end of the day Parker was able to spend the $10 he'd earned all on his own at our garage sale. He chose a Mickey Mouse Light Saber and a huge lollipop. We ended with the breathtaking fire works show. I was so glad Parker stayed awake that long. Last year he didn't make it. I held him so he could have a good view of the Sleeping Beauty's castle and the fire works and he put his cheek to mine as we enjoyed watching the amazing display together. I wanted to freeze time and I hope to always remember his soft cheek on mine at Disneyland watching the fireworks. It made me cry thinking about how blessed I am and how every dream my heart has ever made has certainly come true.

It was a perfect day and one I hope never to forget.














































Comments